ppi won but they paid off whole balance!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just won my ppi reclaim against littlewoods credit card [barclaycard]. It was £550.

However they wrote today that because the account is in arrears they were using the ppi to pay off the balance on the card they are not just paying the arrears however they have paid the whole balance due £445 and credited the rest to my card for the future so i now have a credit. I cannot use the card however as there is a default against it and it is cancelled.

They have failed to supply a cca whatsoever on the account and i put the account in dispute hence the arrears but the arrears are only £56.70!!!!

CAN THEY DO THIS????

Thanks in advance..

In a nutshell yes and no they can use an amount to offset the arrears but that is all.

They cannot use the whole lot to nil the balance and you are entitled to the rest back by cheque.

So £56.70 is all they can take.

I would write back to them and let them know if they do not return YOUR money within 14 days a complaint to the FOS will be forthcoming.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

In a nutshell yes and no they can use an amount to offset the arrears but that is all.

They cannot use the whole lot to nil the balance and you are entitled to the rest back by cheque.

So £56.70 is all they can take.

I would write back to them and let them know if they do not return YOUR money within 14 days a complaint to the FOS will be forthcoming.

Regards

PF

Thanks for the quick reply pompeyfaith.

Will write to them on Monday.

Your Welcome keep us informed so we can update you on the way.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 4 weeks later...

I could use some advice please, I dont know what to do next.

I wrote to Littlewoods [barclaycard] re them taking my ppi reclaim to pay off the whole balance. I have heard nothing except to have Mercers constantly writing and threatening doorstep collector even though the letter I had from Littlewoods [barclaycard] said they had used ppi to clear balance.

In fact they have done nothing at all they have not answered my letters. I have written to Mercers telling them they have to contact Barclaycard for the payment of the arrears as I have won my PPI claim and Barclaycard have stated in a letter that they were paying the balance [Mercers havent replied].

Last week I had a statement and it was clear that Barclaycard have done nothing because nothing has been taken off the balance at all. All they have done is added late charges and interest.

I wrote again last week clearly outlining that I wanted my money by cheque within 7 days [that deadline has now passed], and all I have had back is a letter saying that they were investigating my complaint and they would write again by 7th Sept.

Where do I go from here please? I am at a lose to know what to do next.

There is now also an extra months interest to add to my claim [seeing as they still have the money]. Can I ask for that also when they eventually write to me?

Thanks in advance..

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be a pain.

I dont know what to do now!!

I wrote to FOS re Littlewoods [barclaycard] not paying me what they owe from ppi claim.

Today I have received a letter from FOS returning all the documentation I sent them. They have said that because I have made a complaint to Barclaycard they can do nothing, they do say that they have written to Barclaycard saying I have been in touch but cannot do anything until Barclaycard has given a final response within 8 weeks of my orginal complaint. I made the complaint on 7/08/09 giving them 14 days to pay me, when nothing came I made complaint to FOS

Is there anything else I can do now? Or do I have to wait again until the 8 weeks are up [which is Octotber].

My credit card statement is showing a credit [which i didnt think you could have on a credit card] and the card had been cancelled so there is no way i can get at the money.

Sorry to be a pain.

I dont know what to do now!!

I wrote to FOS re Littlewoods [barclaycard] not paying me what they owe from ppi claim.

Today I have received a letter from FOS returning all the documentation I sent them. They have said that because I have made a complaint to Barclaycard they can do nothing, they do say that they have written to Barclaycard saying I have been in touch but cannot do anything until Barclaycard has given a final response within 8 weeks of my orginal complaint. I made the complaint on 7/08/09 giving them 14 days to pay me, when nothing came I made complaint to FOS

Is there anything else I can do now? Or do I have to wait again until the 8 weeks are up [which is Octotber].

My credit card statement is showing a credit [which i didnt think you could have on a credit card] and the card had been cancelled so there is no way i can get at the money.

I have just had a similar response from the FOS returning all the documentation stating they must have a final response or a no response within 8 weeks.

My advice write again to Barclaycard asking them for confirmation of acceptance or refusal of your claim. If then you have a refusal or there is no response to your first claim within 8 weeks then it is back to the FOS to let them know you have been refused or no reply to your claim.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I have just had a similar response from the FOS returning all the documentation stating they must have a final response or a no response within 8 weeks.

My advice write again to Barclaycard asking them for confirmation of acceptance or refusal of your claim. If then you have a refusal or there is no response to your first claim within 8 weeks then it is back to the FOS to let them know you have been refused or no reply to your claim.

aa

Thanks aa.

Will write to them today.

• 10 months later...

hi guys just been reading the forums..i too have been dealt a rotten egg i owe £9000 and claimed my ppi back through belmont thornton (big mistake) now blackhorse who sold me the ppi stated they will pay £3500 but its came off the balance is this fair...im out of work and the funds would of helped a great deal and on a sour note do i owe belmont any money..