• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds gradute A/C O/D - now with Apex/Satchi.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just got a letter from Apex Credit management Ltd (never heard of them) asking me to pay a debt that I have owed for a while and is accruing interest at a rapid rate. It was a graduate overdraft of £1500 but is now more like £1900 and Lloyds want it back.

This debt has previously been referred to Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell, amongst others. Each time I have been chased I have asked for the CCA but I have never received it and I add in a request for a letter of assignment. I have also recieved the statements from the SAR and found I cannot reclaim any money.

What are my options now? Do I just set up a repayment of £5 a month or something? I don't know what else to do. Despite asking for all the papers, I receive nothing and more money accrues on the account in interest.

Part of me is saying pay it but I get annoyed at myself for letting the debt get out of hand as the interest has just inflated it and I kind of begrudge paying it!

Thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right firstly, how old is the debt? Is it pre 07?

If it is and you have previously asked for a copy of your CCA, and they haven't provided one, then the account is in dispute and "NO" payments should be made.

Whoever you sent your CCA request to should have told the Original Creditor (OC) who should have produced it.

If they failed to produce a valid enforceable CCA after 12 days then the account is in dispute, and should not be passed around like a hot potato!

So firstly, how old is the debt, and secondly when you sent the CCA request was it via recorded delivery, have you kept proof of delivery?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You don't get a credit agreement with overdrafts - they are not covered by the CCa 1974 in the same way as loans and credit cards. They are the behest of the bank and can be withdrawn by the bank at anytime. All you can do is check if there are any charges you can reclaim then make an offer to repay at a rate you can afford.

• Haha 1

I stopped using the account in 2006 when they closed other accounts they had and there was a chance they would take all the money I had to my name in this account. However, I continued to pay a small amount in each month and the interest was larger than the amount I could afford so I decided it wasn't worth employing that technique on a long term basis.

I sent the CCA to Lloyds and it was recorded delivery so I have proof of receipt. I have already checked the charges and it's all interest so I don't think I can claim on it.

So is my only option to repay this extortionate amount of interest plus overdraft? Damn it's painful.

You may have proof of receipt but there is no agreement on overdrafts. All you get is a letter saying what the limit is and the interest rate and they can produce that at any time. If there are no charges to be reclaimed, I am afraid there is no alternative but to pay am overdraft.

You don't get a credit agreement with overdrafts - they are not covered by the CCa 1974 in the same way as loans and credit cards.

Yes sorry:smile: you are correct, I once again failed to read the thread correctly, thank you pinky for setting me straight and sorry iamintrouble.....I will learn to read threads properly in the future!

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You could send a SAR to get all your statements and claim back any charges that are on the account which would reduce the amount owing or at least start the ball rolling on a charges claim. You would have to make the SAR request to Lloyds.

Thanks for the help people, don't worry I know my explanations can be confusing. When I have been to CAB I flummox them with the ins and outs of my accounts, they really don't know how to help me!

The interest is being added by Lloyds still and has been for the past 2 years. It is strange as another account which is in a similar mess got frozen as it has been moved around so many different DCAs and remains unresolved. I suspect they just stick more interest on so they can sting me for more money for them even though I have already told them I cannot afford £1500. They are hardly helpful to me.

Ah well I guess I should start the grovelling letters. Should I ask them to freeze the account first?

Hopefully I will be more helpful this time:D

As grumpy and saintly have already said, send Lloyds a SAR: Letter template:

Then you can claim the charges back, which should make a hefty dent in the total overdraft.

Is the DCA Lloyds 'in-house' debt collectors, or has it been sold to some other bully's?

Once you send the SAR, I would send whichever DCA it is asking for payment, the account in dispute letter as you are waiting for information from Lloyds with a view to claiming back all the bank charges, again send all correspondence via recorded delivery and print your name don't sign it!

Boo;)

The debt is with Apex Credit management Ltd.

I have already sent a SAR and all I found out was that I only have one charge for Overdraft excess fee which is for £30, the rest is all overdraft interest and was told I couldn't do anything with this, is this the case?

Edited by iamintrouble

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I am hoping someone can please help me. I have a debt with Lloyds that has been passed around many debt collection agencies but it is now at Apex. I have now got to the point that I have run out of options and need to repay it, it is causing me more stress than I need.

Basically I have sent letters to ask for repayment and they have ignored all the letters I have sent and now they are sending letters threatening bailiffs and court.

I did once send a letter ages ago to a DCA saying that if they are not going to accept a repayment offer then they are being unreasonable. Disorganised as I am, I cannot find my copy of this letter. Can anyone think of a suitable letter to send that tells them that I can't afford to pay the full amount but I am offering repayment.

Also how can I prove I have sent all these letters out? Is the only way by recorded?

Thanks

Was the CCA enforceable ? Did it contain the precribed terms ? Did you ever receive a default notice ? was it compliant ? Are there some penalty charges on the account ? If you have made them an offer and they aren't accepting it then they are in breach of the OFT's guidelines... -

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

I have never received a CCA for this account but it is an out of control overdraft and I thought overdrafts were not covered. I have already worked out that all the charges are interest.

I am just sick of feeling scared of the constant letters and the fact that money keeps piling on. I have sent so many CCA requests and nothing happens. All they do is send the debt around DCAs and what happens is that I end up owing more and quite frankly I am scared by how much interest this debt is accruing.

I did receive a default notice when the account was with Sechiari. The default notice (Served under section 87 (1) of the Consumer credit act 1974) says apparently I have broken the terms of overdraft agreement include the right of the Bank, at any time, to request immediate repayment on demand. And it goes on.....

What do i do? I just thought by offering to set up repayment I might just get them off my back. It gets me down so much.

Thanks.

how old is this debt? if its been around the dca's a while it could be coming up to statute barred..also if they were going to take you to court then surely it would have been a long time ago..remember these people are only sending out threatograms they have no power to force you to pay only a court can do that

The interest is being added by the bank still and it bothers me because I am scared of how much it will eventually become if I leave it.

The debt isn't that old. It was only from about 2007 that I coudln't afford to cover the amount that I was getting charged in interest. Lloyds said I would have to pay off £300 or more to keep the account within it's overdraft and I couldn't afford that much.

Thanks, I guess they would have done much worse to me before if they wanted. I just get scared and don't want to end up owing more than I have to, especially since I can't afford to!

What shoudl I send them? I don't want to ignore their letters.

Thanks.

I already tried this, it seems the overdraft interest is all something they can charge me for I think. I was convinced I could get some money for this, but I don't think I can because it's my fault.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Edited by iamintrouble

hey hey dont threat LLoyds is one of the many peple i owe debt to. I right now have them by the balls. Listen I am in trouble, demand that subject request letter. If they call you at your home tell them to stop or you will report them to OFT etc. They are not allowed by law to send people to your home unless you have given permission, If they say that they can They are lying. These people lie all the time to scare people like me and you. I only wished I knew now a few years ago.

I recently asked for my charges and after a few months they have said they cant find my charges. As far as I am concerned I am not paying no more money on my debt as they could be owing me money. YOu have to stand strong. These people can wear you down and you do feel as though you want to give up. Just think theese people lie and threaten you and most times act unlawfully, telling you that you have no rights well you do. Reaasearh on the internet there is plenty of office of fair trading guidelines.

Demand that they stop interest. It still amazes me that these companies threaten people in different ways and the really pounce on the ones that are scared. I NEVER SPEAK to them only contact by writing as this is a great eveidence if ever it goes to court.

Listen

I made an arrangement to pay £5.00 a month and all interest stopped. They did that for about 1 1/2 years a few months ago they started charging me £4.60 interest and they didnt even tell me they were charging me. I wrote them a letter complaining of this they wrote back saying they are sorry the didnt inform me and the will refund all interest. I threatend them with oft. As i can only afford £5.00 i was not prepared to pay the ineterst as you can see i would never finish paying my debt. So i wrote to them and said I can no longer afford the £5.00 stop the interest. I also sent them the letter for my charges. I told them untill my account is sorted I am refusing to pay them any money.( As I had stopped paying them they put charges on my account). They refunded me all my recent charges and interest. Hoever I recieved a letter this morning stating that they can not find previous charges and they want me to send them evedience.These people are trying to wear you down. I will be contacting lloyds and tell them until they sort it out they are not getting a penny. And as my account iis in default they would be hard pushed to take me to court.

SO dont frieght. I thought Ill give you my story to let you know you are not alone.

Satoriea

Thanks for your reply and for the reassurance. It does get me down as I feel like no one I know has been through this and they scare me into thinking I am under serious threat from bailiffs and from being taken to court.

I already have a Subject Access request but it is all just interest. I have asked them to stop the interest on the account, I thought they might have done it anyway considering it has been passed on to other DCAs. Does anyone know how to get them to stop charging interest?

Yesterday I got a letter from Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors, with the heading of 'Pending legal action' Does anyone know who GPB solicitors are? They have a very similar address to Apex.

Anyway the letter says:

"We have been instructed by Apex Credit Management in relation to your outstanding account in the sum of £1,980.14

Unless our client receives payment in full or a valid reason for non-payment of the account within the next 7 days, court proceedings may be taken against you without further notice.

Should court proceedings be issued, you may be liable for court fees and solicitors costs which will significantly increase your balance. In addition, if judgement is entered against you, it may impede your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Should you wish to avoid such action, you should telephone our client on 0871 2442808 and one of their advisors will discuss the matter with you.

Please note, we are instructed not to enter into correspondence with you at this stage but to refer you to Apex Credit Management. You can contact them on the number stated or at the address on previous correspondence."

Should I be worried? I have never heard of this firm before, not sure what they can do to me, can they take me to court?

Thanks

Edited by iamintrouble
my stupidity

Yesterday I got a letter from Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors, with the heading of 'Pending legal action' Does anyone know who GPB solicitors are? They have a very similar address to Apex.

Anyway the letter says:

"We have been instructed by Apex Credit Management in relation to your outstanding account in the sum of £1,980.14

Unless our client receives payment in full or a valid reason for non-payment of the account within the next 7 days, court proceedings may be taken against you without further notice.

Should court proceedings be issued, you may be liable for court fees and solicitors costs which will significantly increase your balance. In addition, if judgement is entered against you, it may impede your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Should you wish to avoid such action, you should telephone our client on 0871 2442808 and one of their advisors will discuss the matter with you.

Please note, we are instructed not to enter into correspondence with you at this stage but to refer you to Apex Credit Management. You can contact them on the number stated or at the address on previous correspondence."

I have sent Apex a letter explaining that I can't afford it and that I am willing to set up repayment on the account. It seems like they passed the account straight on to Geoffrey Parker

Should I be worried? I have never heard of this firm before, I looked them up on here and apparently these guys don't play around. I am really scared this guys could take me to court.

Thanks

Send them a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforcable. If they fail to provide it within 12 working days from receipt, or the CCA is unenforcable you can legally withold any payment until they do. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order. When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there;

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account No: XXXXXXXX/Your Reference Number: XXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR). I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

Furthermore, with regards to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

You are reminded of the following under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Trading Standards can bring about a prosecution if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under contract, he or she:

(a) harasses the other with demands for payment which by their frequency, or the manner or occasion of their making, or any accompanying threat or publicity are calculated to subject him or his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b) falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

© falsely represent themselves to be authorized in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment;

(d) utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Further to this if it is your intention to arrange a call from your 'Doorstep Collectors', I note that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Take note, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or any of your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless. Any trespassers you attempt to send therefore will be dealt with accordingly.Be further advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

(Optional addition)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully **Edit to suit**

(Print do not sign signature)