You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Just by way of an update, I am now being targeted on Twitter.   Today, two profiles have been set up and followed me, both were "here to call out Sue's sh*t".  Both have now been blocked.   I have clearly hit a raw nerve somehwhere 🤨
    • The OP could call Express to see if they will withdraw the claim if she restarts her claim and just pay the court issue fee.    Then everyone is a winner! 
    • Hi Stormy   I do wish you good luck but I'd urge you not to get over-optimistic about a letter from your GP having any bearing on the outcome of this.  I do not share London1971's view that such a letter will assist you in defending the claim against you - unless you are suggesting that the diagnosis is so bad that you aren't functioning - in which case you probably ought not to be working.  Is your GP going to say that you can't be held liable for a breach of contract, but that you're perfectly OK to continue working and to make significant decisions in other areas of your life?  I don't know.   Also, I'm uncertain where the question of bullying and harassment first surfaced in this thread.  You engaged them on a NWNF basis to pursue a claim for you.  Apparently they contacted (or attempted to contact) you a lot - certainly more than you felt necessary or were comfortable with, and you ended up deciding to discontinue the case.  But were they harassing you?  Again, I simply don't know because I wasn't there - only you were.  Most people complain that they don't have enough contact from their solicitors, not that they are being harassed by being contacted too often.  [EDIT:  I also think most people would associate "harassment" with behaviour that is in some way harmful or damaging to the recipient, and not with a situation where the alleged harasser is trying to act in the other person's interest and to their benefit].    And I'm not sure where the bullying comes from?  They're suing you because they think you are in breach of contract and that you owe them the costs and expenses they've already incurred - and that they cannot now recover from the other party because you decided to discontinue the case.  I'm no particular supporter of law firms but, unlike some people, I don't have "anti-lawyer" as a default setting.  If they've genuinely incurred costs acting on your behalf and in your interests, then I think they've got a more than fair case to recover those costs.  Threatening to sue you or actually suing you isn't necessarily bullying.   I honestly think your best chance of success is questioning the level and extent of costs and expenses they claim to have incurred and try to reach a mutually acceptable settlement.   As I've said before, I'm not intending to be critical of you in any way and I'm really sorry that all this (the original accident, hassle with the lawyers and now them suing you) seems to have contributed to all the stress you have to bear.  I'm really just interested in ensuring that you can see this problem from all points of view and that you don't place too much reliance on an approach that I think has only very limited chances of success.  (But of course - as London1971 has pointed out - there's no harm in getting a GP's letter anyway AND preparing a legal defence like BankFodder is suggesting AND preparing to think about settling.  They aren't all mutually exclusive and you should keep as many irons in the fire as you can.  Use belt and braces and don't just rely on one).   Anyway.  Good luck.  I'm frequently wrong and you may win outright!
    • I would go with the following....please feel free to amend or add.   WITNESS STATEMENT OF Baycloves.pdf  
    • I think it would be prudent to stick with a realistic objective and that is the hundred and £69 which you you can apparently support by means of evidence. You originally said that you could have sold them for four times – £400 and I think this is certainly unrealistic. If you had some official evaluation of the books from an independent source then you would have stood a good chance but as the books have gone, I think your fallback is the £169
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
landy_alert

Landy_alert v M&S Money ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3662 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone:)

I was just wondering what the success rate was like for getting charges refunded by M&S Money?

This is for a credit card which has no outstanding balance and hasn't in fact been used for a couple of years. I sent a prelim request which was refused and followed it up with an LBA. They responded saying they would investigate and respond in 10 days (about a week after my LBA deadline). There is still about a week to go for their deadline.

I assumed they would pay out, but at the moment are proving less of a pushover than MBNA:eek:

Has anyone had any success at all please?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Just giving this a gentle bump;)

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

it's not related to the charges reclaim but mands have discontinued with a few court cases in Scotland at the moment and settling in the caggers favour ;)

they seem to want to go all they way and don't have the 'jingles bells' to do it

ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida:)

Many thanks for your input - it shows that M&S will hopefully cave-in before too long!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Just a quick update -

Well I gave M&S the benefit of the doubt - yes, 'bad move' I hear the massed voices of Caggers cry............

My deadline passed on the 29th July, but they had said they would respond by 6th August.

Guess what came in the post today?

Was it -

a) A fat cheque for Mr L's charges plus contractual interest

or b) Another 'we haven't quite finished our investigations, but will get back to you very soon' type fob off?

Yep, you've guessed it:-x

So now I suppose I'll have to take the bull by the horns and file at court - anyone got a spare £65 please? (only kidding!)

As I haven't actually had to do this yet, is MCOL ok to use?

Many thanks as always!

Regards,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
Missed a bit!

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

why the rush? I would give them even more time, 14 days maybe, except with my reply i would send a photocopy of the application to the court with all details filled out and the date +14 days to hurry them along a little ;)

why the rush? I would give them even more time, 14 days maybe, except with my reply i would send a photocopy of the application to the court with all details filled out and the date +14 days to hurry them along a little ;)

Hi rizel23:)

Sorry to be dim, but I don't quite get what you mean here - are you suggesting I actually file at court or merely fill out the form and send a copy to M&S having not actually filed my claim:confused:

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

A further update on this -

Without Prejudice letter received today from M&S Money. They are offering a goodwill gesture which amounts to around 35% of our claim. They say this represents a 100% reduction of the charges paid inc contractual interest (although they have quoted the CI as being 1% less than I did).

They say they cannot refund the other charges we claimed as these were court fees - approximately £250 of which were applied to the account either on the date they credited our payment clearing the balance or 2 weeks after we had paid it.

Although we knew that Mr L was in arrears with repayments on this card prior to paying off the full balance, M&S had at no time indicated that any court action was pending - all we have in our records are letters of 'outstanding balance due, please contact us' etc.

We do have his SAR wad of info, so I will go through this again to see if there is any mention of proceedings issued against him or anything similar.

In fact they didn't actually credit our payment to the account until nearly three weeks after it was paid, despite the fact that it was a building society cheque sent via recorded delivery.

They haven't sent a cheque, but have included an acceptance form which says we accept the goodwill gesture as Full and Final settlement.

I have no intention of doing this, but would appreciate some further advice if possible please:)

Regards,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
Missed a bit!

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

YOUR Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement.

I shall be commencing court action on XX/XX/XX for the full amount claimed.

I also reject the further conditions of acceptance that you have attached to this offer, namely (describe the offensive parts here!)

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

YOUR Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement.

I also reject the further conditions of acceptance that you have attached to this offer, namely (describe the offensive parts here!)

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name

Hi Ida:)

Many thanks for that!

Did you see the post by rizel23 above and how would you interpret it?

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

yes,

me personally would stick to your timescale, although i know you have gave a bit more because of their date.

no point in taking a photo of the court papers, to me that would look weak.

date that 10 days from sending it ;) and file on that day

ida x

Thank you ida, your input is most appreciated:D

I will do as you suggest and keep you posted.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi all:)

I've just had a more thorough scan of M&S Money's letter and not only is their offer pretty cr*p, but they said if we accept they will credit the amount to the account - which as far as we are aware is closed and for which we haven't had a card for about 2 years:? I think that falls into the category of 'offensive parts' in ida's letter!

Words fail me with these idiots - it's almost enough to put me off M&S food, but not quite!

Regards,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
Added something!

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

just make sure you include that any payment is to be made by cheque to your home address

ida x

just make sure you include that any payment is to be made by cheque to your home address

ida x

Hi ida:)

Yes, I've done that - it's all printed and ready to go recorded delivery tomorrow:D

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Just updating this thread -

M&S have said that some of the charges we are reclaiming relate to County Court fees and that these cannot be refunded. We had no notification of a court case - Mr L did have some arrears on this account prior to paying off the full balance last year, but although he had several payment reminders, none stated that he was being taken to court and he certainly didn't receive any court papers.

Having gone through his SAR there is a mention of 'passing to litigation' and 'sent to HSBC for legal action' 4 months before we repaid the balance, but no copies of any Default Notices or court papers etc.

Further research shows that some of these 'Court fees' were applied about three weeks after we repaid the balance. This was paid by Building Society cheque (sent rec del) and although being received on 6/11/08 was not credited to his account till 25/11/08. That same date £200+ of fees were applied followed by another £30 2 weeks later!

I'm not sure now how to proceed - if they are saying we cannot have these particular fees refunded I don't want to file in court on the date I have stipulated (this thursday) only to find I've made myself (or Mr L, rather) look a wally who doesn't know what they're doing:eek:

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as always, thank you!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

If these "court fees" have been charged to your account, no court action was initiated by M&S, and you have paid for these fees in the settlement figure - then reclaim them.

Put M&S to strict proof that these fees were actually paid to a court.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If these "court fees" have been charged to your account, no court action was initiated by M&S, and you have paid for these fees in the settlement figure - then reclaim them.

Put M&S to strict proof that these fees were actually paid to a court.

Hi supasnooper:)

Thank you for your advice! As we have sent them a letter, as per ida's post earlier in this thread, stating our intention to file at court in 10 days (this thursday) do you think we should now -

a) continue with that course of action

b) do as you suggest and put them to strict proof that the fees were paid to a court?

Apologies for being a bit thick here:?

Many thanks again,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

I'd go with option A.

If you do have to pursue the court action then that's were you get to ask M&S to prove the fees were paid to a court.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks supasnooper - most appreciated:)

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Another update - M&S obviously want us to take them to court or think we'll bottle it at the eleventh hour because they've sent a further letter reiterating their previous offer, with another acceptance form. They are still insisting their charges are fair etc and their 'without prejudice' refund will be credited to Mr L's card - which he no longer has:eek::eek::eek:

So looks like it's filing day tomorrow then!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Enjoy your day ;)

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Enjoy your day ;)

Thanks ss, but I'm actually rather dreading it having never done this before:(

By the way is it ok to use MCOL for this?

Thank you,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

I've been doing some further reading around the forum and have seen several mentions of all MCOL claims being automatically stayed - is it therefore preferable to file at my local court using N1? If that's the case I won't be able to do this till next week now but I'd rather get it right even if it means not filing on the day I said I would!

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of the right kind of POC for a M&S credit card please - I've looked through the POCs for credit cards in the templates section, but they all seem to relate to specific banks etc.

As I haven't done this before, I need reassurance and guidance that I am doing it correctly please;)

Very many thanks,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

I've been doing some further reading around the forum and have seen several mentions of all MCOL claims being automatically stayed - is it therefore preferable to file at my local court using N1? If that's the case I won't be able to do this till next week now but I'd rather get it right even if it means not filing on the day I said I would!

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of the right kind of POC for a M&S credit card please - I've looked through the POCs for credit cards in the templates section, but they all seem to relate to specific banks etc.

As I haven't done this before, I need reassurance and guidance that I am doing it correctly please;)

Very many thanks,

Landy x

Just bumping gently for some advice on this please!

Thank you,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded