08.. number charges from a mobile - Orange/Sky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Basically (and I think I haven't really got a leg to stand on here) I've been trying to set up Sky (who i'm sure you are all aware are useless in the call centres) who keep you on hold for around 20 minutes a time each and every time, pass you back and forth etc.

Consequently I have racked up about £40 of phone call charges to them over the past two months by using my mobile as I didn't have a land line (trying to set one up was the reason I was calling! haha)

My question is, can I ask Orange to refund some of these as they are excessive? Alternatively, is there a way I can get them refunded by Sky? I have proof that the amount of time I spent talking (or on hold) to them was due to their errors and bad service etc.

Are there any successful letter templates and who is the best person/address to write to? What is the best approach to take?

Thank you ever so much for any help

Not really. They're only excessive because Sky choose to have 'expensive' numbers for you to call them on. If you could dial the number in Livingston directly (and get through) then your call charges would have come from your inclusive minutes. If you couldn;t, you could have emailled them, or posted a letter if the costs were to be too dear.

Thanks,

so is there a way to contact Sky regarding it?

Have there been any successes in complaining direct to them? Their service is appalling quite frankly and I need to know the best way to go about making a formal complaint with a view to getting some sort of compensation.

Thanks very much

Personal visit? (BTDT) Calling the main switchboard on a 'normal' number (BTDT) Email & Letter-in-the-post (BTDT).

All of the above avoid their punitive contact charges, however as of 1st August, all 0870 numbers are charged by BT at standard rates, so the problem has gone away.

I don't really understand?

I don't know what normal numbers are, I've just used about 20 differerent 0870 numbers, and those off saynoto0870 don't work any more.

Also, email is restricted to 1000 characters (impossible to write full complaint) and letters go to some generic PO box that cannot be signed for.

Hence why I asked for any other good tried and tested contact details, eg email addresses, actual postage addresses and/or direct numbers to complaints departments?

Thanks so much for your help so far, hope I can get some sort of resolution.

Normal numbers commence 01, 02 & 03

0870 numbers (from 1/8/09) are billed by BT as 01/02/03.

Email is not restricted. They provide a web form that restricts to 1000, but that isn't email. Who told you PO Box mail canont be signed for? OF course they are.

Since you haven't been ignored by Customer Services, I'd avoid contacting senior executives in the first instance.

Sky Subscriber Services Ltd

Kikrkton Campus

4 Macintosh Road

LIVINGSTON EH54 7BW

West Lothian