My Sky cancellation problems**Sorted**

heccylee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, hope someone can help.

I've had sky for over 10 years but got fed up with the annual price increases for the same old repeats etc, so I decided to cancel my subscription last week only to be told that I had a sky+ subscription that started in May 2009.

This was when I phoned them up to get a sky+ box working that I got from a friend, it didn't work so I went back to normal sky.

So you can imagine my surprise when I was told of the sky+ subscription.

I was never told of a new 12 month contract just to get sky+ switched on, its free if you are paying for some channels but if I cancel now they want to charge me for £9 odds per month until the 12 months is up.

I was even told that I could have canceled it within the 30 cooling off period, but as I wasn't aware of the contract in the first place so I couldn't do it.

Sky customer support is really garbage and I had to email them last week and got a reply within 2 or 3 days just repeating the same guff the phone operator told me, so no help there.

I've been waiting since 8 days ago for a reply and I sent another email 2 days ago and another today, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Can sky do this to me without actually telling me i'm in a new contract?

I hope I can get this fixed soon as I'm paying for something I don't want and wasn't told about by sky.

Thanks for any help.

heccylee

When you phone them to state you have skyplus and want the skyplus subscription they would have only added that on the account if you agreed to the minimum 12 months subscription.

If you are saying that on this particular call nothing was said about 12 months subscription then you would nede to ask them for a trascript of the call.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

How's this then for a quick response from Sky :D, I only sent the email earlier today (Friday).

Hi David

Thanks for your email addressed to Jeremy Darroch concerning the difficulties you've encountered whilst attempting to cancel your Sky account. I've been asked to respond on his behalf and will be personally assisting with your enquiry.

I tried to call you today but you were not available.

I'm sorry to learn of the viewing issues you've had with your Sky+ box recently and understand that you have since disposed of this box. Please allow me to explain that when a customer contacts us and activates the Sky+ subscription to allow them to use all the Sky+ functions they should be read the key terms and conditions and be made aware that they are entering into a twelve month agreement. The terms and conditions are provided with the Sky+ box and would apply whether you purchased a Sky+ box from Sky or from an independent company.

Nevertheless you say that you were not advised of nor agreed to the terms and conditions of the Sky+ agreement and I accept that the terms were not clearly explained to you. Therefore I've processed your cancellation request. Your last direct debit payment covers viewing up until 21 August 2009 so your viewing services will cease as of that date.

I’m sorry our service has not lived up to the high standards that all our customers deserve however, I hope that in the future you will consider coming back to Sky.

In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Regards

Karen Mackenzie

Service Excellence Consultant

Customer Relations

I'd have to say that in this particular instance, Karen Mackenzie of Sky has got me what I was wanting, and not before time.

It just goes to show you that you can get good results if you take the high road to get things done.

Anyone else have a positive experience with Sky customer services lately?

Regards

heccylee

Hi Ida, that was going to be my next step, but as you can see and to my surprise they beat me to it, good old Jeremy eh., and lets not forget Karen either.

Regards

heccylee