You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Having indicated in my profile that I am retired and just assist family and friends to recover I am definitely busier than I ever was in paid employment!

Having already endured a returned SAR cheque when Citi purported to believe it was to be credited to an account, DESPITE a damned great letter headed "SAR", we are now confronted with

"Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with copies of your statements, as they are no longer on our records".

The card was 'The Associates' and I KNOW that I've read somewhere on the forum (and please believe me when I say that I really have trawled through a lifetime's information, without success)that there is a statutory record retention period.

We all know that Citi really are a nasty lot and I would normally relish a good old scrap but my mate is in process of losing his home so my sense of humour is suspended. In short they need a, figuratively of course, good slap!

Any assistance please......

Think you need to write to the Information Commissioners Office, they are meant to retain records for 6 years so should be able to provide statements for the last 6 years - they likely retain them for more than that, but will likely not want to provide them.

It may also be worth getting trading standards and your MP involved if they won't budge.

Edited by Enron
  • Haha 1

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Citi only sent me the last six years statements, until I complained to ICO.

Although I haven't got all the documentation I asked for, I do now have all of my statements from 1999, when it was Associates, so they are available.

Alan

• Haha 1