• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Robinson Way CCJ/CO Cap1 card debt - was unable to respond - now want to set aside **LOST** - appealed - **WON** Claim reset - **WON - Case dismissed**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Legal assignments of things in action.

— (1) Any absolute assignment by writing under the hand of the assignor (not purporting to be by way of charge only) of any debt or other legal thing in action, of which express notice in writing has been given to the debtor, trustee or other person from whom the assignor would have been entitled to claim such debt or thing in action, is effectual in law (subject to equities having priority over the right of the assignee) to pass and transfer from the date of such notice—

what i am saying is that you should have been informed by the orginal creditor.

Also they should be put to proof that it was sent.

Also they must have a deed of assignment.

In lay mans terms i could sent you a letter say you owe me xxxxxx would you pay me,

regards lilly

• Haha 1

As I thought lilly. Its just when you have such a knock back like I did last friday you start to doubt yourself.

Been spending lots of time researching appeals so will have many questions of help on this over next few days. Spoke to court and I should have the order made last friday by monday. One question at moment, should I start to make arrangements to get a transcript of the hearing?

Thanx for keeping an eye on my thread lilly, you have given some very helpful advice.

R

OK 2 things now.

1. Order received in post today dismissing my set aside which enables me to continue with my application to appeal. On the charging order it confirms adjornment but DJ did say at hearing adjornment should be for 6 weeks but has been adjorned to middle of december! Will need help with form please.

2. 40 days is just about up on SAR to original creditor and I have drafted my Letter Before Action. I have posted this below and would appreciate comments on this.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7, Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir,

Subject name : Mr RoninWay

Subject address :

Account Number:

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated 1st August 2009. A copy of this request is attached and I would advise you that this request was sent by first class recorded delivery and I have proof of delivery to you on the 4th August 2009. You have failed to provide any information within the statutory period of 40 days and are therefore in breach of the Data Protection Act.

If you fail to comply with my Subject Access Request within the next 14 days, without further reference to yourself, I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and a formal complaint will be made to the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully

Robin

Right, now completing Appellants notice so would like to run through this.

Section 1 - Im OK with.

Section 2 - Nature of Decision. Shouls I just tick "final decision".

Section 3 - Im OK with.

Section 4 - Im OK with.

Section 5 - I wish to appeal the decision to dismiss the Defendants application to set aside jufgment entered against him on xx/xx/2009.

Assume answer no to issues re Humans Rights Act and other yes/no as No, Yes, No (Therefore Section 8 not needed).

Section 6 - Im OK with.

Section 7 - Ticked vary order to "The judgment for Claimant entered against the Defendant on xx/xx/2009 be set aside.

Should I leave it at this or should I also ask for an order for costs.

Section 8 & 9 Not completed

Once got through this part I will work through checklist of docs to go with notice, but one step at time. Anyhow, much appreciated help needed on this now

R

OK 2 things now.

1. Order received in post today dismissing my set aside which enables me to continue with my application to appeal. On the charging order it confirms adjornment but DJ did say at hearing adjornment should be for 6 weeks but has been adjorned to middle of december! Will need help with form please.

2. 40 days is just about up on SAR to original creditor and I have drafted my Letter Before Action. I have posted this below and would appreciate comments on this.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7, Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir,

Subject name : Mr RoninWay

Subject address :

Account Number:

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated 1st August 2009. A copy of this request is attached and I would advise you that this request was sent by first class recorded delivery and I have proof of delivery to you on the 4th August 2009. You have failed to provide any information within the statutory period of 40 days and are therefore in breach of the Data Protection Act.

If you fail to comply with my Subject Access Request within the next 14 days, without further reference to yourself, I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and a formal complaint will be made to the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully

Robin

The letter I used for a recent non compliance is shown below:.

How did you send the statutory fee of £10.00 was it by cheque or postal order ?. If by cheque then you should be able to see if it has been banked.

If by postal order then you need to check that. The telephone number is:. 01246 542091. It is a direct line and the people are extremely helpful. You will need the receipt you were given at the post office when you purchased the postal order because they will ask for the ID number from it. If it is confirmed as cashed, then ask if they will very kindly write to you advising that is has been and on what date.

Attention : Data Controller

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

SECTION 7 - DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Refs:

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated XX XXXX XXXX. A copy of that request is enclosed for ease of reference.

This was received and signed for by XX XXXX XXXX. The postal order in the sum of £10.00, was cashed on XX XXXX XXXX.

If you do not comply within the next 14 days, I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

I dont have any knowledge of appeal procedures.. so I will have a scout round and see what I can find for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Once again citizenb there when I need your help so again thank you. I'll give the number a call (guess the number is Mon-Frid so will ring Mon morn as was a PO.

With the appeal you kindly inroduced me to x20 and I have pm'd him and I'm sure when he is next on he will look in.

Think I've got a busy time ahead:D

R

Edited by RobinWayRobinme
missed something out

Hi Robin, yes I believe they are available 9-6 on that number.

You might want to have a read of this thread. . There is an appeal in progress, although the thread starts off as a normal hearing much the same as yours.

pt2537 and X20 amongst others have contributed to the thread and it looks as though there would be information of use to you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/144119-hfo-court-claim.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Will do citizenb. Must admit I've been spending a lot of time searching on here for similar cases and have learnt so much. Massive learning curve though and will definitely need my eyes tested soon:-)

If you are looking in lilly white I have a question for you. Been reading though so many threads but not sure if penny beginning to drop with me regarding your point in claiming declaratory relief. When completing my appellants notice could I apply for permission to file a counterclaim for declaratory relief?

Thinking about this, if your answer was yes, should the counterclaim be on the original creditor. Or am I just jumping ahead of myself abit with this?

l i would once i had seen the cca

this is a defence that pt did in regards to the cca

16. It is submitted the credit agreement supplied falls foul of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) in so far that the prescribed terms are not contained within the agreement. The prescribed terms must be with the agreement for it to be compliant with section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. They cannot be found in a secondary document as according to section 61(1) (a)(b) &©, the agreement must at the time it is laid before the debtor contain all the terms of agreement

17. Furthermore, section 2 of the Consumer Credit Agreement Regulations 1983 clearly states

2 Form and content of regulated consumer credit agreements

[(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (9) below, documents embodying regulated consumer credit agreements (other than modifying agreements) shall contain the information set out in Column 2 of Schedule 1 to these Regulations in so far as it relates to the type of agreement referred to in Column 1.

18. Furthermore I refer to the judgment of TUCKEY LJ in the case of Wilson and another v Hurstanger Ltd [2007] EWCA Civ 299

"[11] Schedule 1 to the 1983 Regulations sets out the "information to be contained in documents embodying regulated

consumer credit agreements". Some of this information mirrors the terms prescribed by Sch 6, but some does not. Contrasting

the provisions of the two schedules the Judge said:

"33 In my judgment the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties (with the benefit of legal advice if necessary) and/or the court can identify within the four corners of the agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirement under s 61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of section 127(3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest mis-stated. As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them. On the other hand, they are basic provisions, and the only question for the court is whether they are, on a true construction, included in the agreement. More detailed requirements, which

are designed to ensure that the debtor is made aware, so far as possible, of specified information (including information contained in the

minimum terms) are to be found in Schedule 1."

19. If the agreement does not contain these terms in the prescribed manner it does not comply with section 60(1) CCA 1974, the consequences of which means it is improperly executed and only enforceable by court order

20. Notwithstanding point 15, The agreement must be signed in the prescribed manner to comply with s61 (1) CCA 1974, if the agreement is not signed by debtor or creditor it is also improperly executed and again only enforceable by court order

The Courts Power of Enforcement

21. The courts powers of enforcement where agreements are improperly executed by way of section 65 CCA 1974 are themselves subject to certain qualifying factors. Under section 127 (3) Consumer Credit Act 1974 the requirements are laid out clearly what is required for the court to be able to enforce the agreement where section 65(1) has not been complied with

127(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

22. Further more the courts attention is also drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v- FCT [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the consumer credit act 1974 and the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) and Consumer Credit (Agreements) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI2004/1482) the agreement cannot be enforced

23. The House of Lords in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) Ruled that a credit agreement must contain the prescribed terms and must be signed in the prescribed manner for the agreement to be enforceable and set out the consequences of non compliance with the 1974 Act.i refer to the judgment of Lord Nicholls of Birkenhead below....

28.........I should outline the salient provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Subject to exemptions, a regulated agreement is an agreement between an individual debtor and another person by which the latter provides the former with a cash loan or other financial accommodation not exceeding a specified amount. Currently the amount is £25,000. Section 61(1) sets out conditions which must be satisfied if a regulated agreement is to be treated as properly executed. One of these conditions, in paragraph (a), is that the agreement must be in a prescribed form containing all the prescribed terms. The prescribed terms are the amount of the credit or the credit limit, rate of interest (in some cases), how the borrower is to discharge his obligations, and any power the creditor may have to vary what is payable: Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, Schedule 6. The consequence of improper execution is that the agreement is not enforceable against the debtor save by an order of the court: section 65(1). Section 127(1) provides what is to happen on an application for an enforcement order under section 65. The court 'shall dismiss' the application if, but only if, the court considers it just to do so having regard to the prejudice caused to any person by the contravention in question and the degree of culpability for it. The court may reduce the amount payable by the debtor so as to compensate him for prejudice suffered as a result of the contravention, or impose conditions, or suspend the operation of any term of the order or make consequential changes in the agreement or security.

29. The court's powers under section 127(1) are subject to significant qualification in two types of cases. The first type is where section 61(1)(a), regarding signing of agreements, is not complied with. In such cases the court 'shall not make' an enforcement order unless a document, whether or not in the prescribed form, containing all the prescribed terms, was signed by the debtor: section 127(3). Thus, signature of a document containing all the prescribed terms is an essential prerequisite to the court's power to make an enforcement order. The second type of case concerns failure to comply with the duty to supply a copy of an executed or unexecuted agreement pursuant to sections 62 and 63, or failure to comply with the duty to give notice of cancellation rights in accordance with section 64(1). Here again, subject to one exception regarding sections 62 and 63, section 127(4) precludes the court from making an enforcement order.

30. These restrictions on enforcement of a regulated agreement cannot be sidestepped.....

And further more

36. In the present case the essence of the complaint is that section 127(3) of the Consumer Credit Act has the effect that a Regulated agreement is not enforceable unless a document containing all the prescribed terms is signed by the debtor

49. ".............The message to be gleaned from sections 65, 106, 113 and 127 of the Consumer Credit Act is that where a court dismisses an application for an enforcement order under section 65 the lender is intended by Parliament to be left without recourse against the borrower in respect of the loan. That being the consequence intended by Parliament, the lender cannot assert at common law that the borrower has been unjustly enriched.

50. This interpretation of the Consumer Credit Act accords with the approach adopted by the House in Orakpo v Manson Investments Ltd [1978] AC 95, regarding section 6 of the Moneylenders Act 1927 and, more recently, in Dimond v Lovell [2002] 1 AC 384, another case where section 127(3) precluded the making of an enforcement order. In Dimond's case the restitutionary remedy sought was payment of the hire charge for a replacement car used by Mrs Dimond. The House rejected a claim advanced on the basis of unjust enrichment. Lord Hoffmann observed that Parliament contemplated that a debtor might be enriched consequential upon non-enforcement of an agreement pursuant to the statutory provisions. It was not open to the court to say this consequence is unjust and should be reversed by a remedy at common law: [2002] 1 AC 384, 397-398.

24. The House of Lords and the Court of Appeal before it in considering the Wilson case held that if the agreement does not contain the prescribed terms outlined in Schedule 6 column 2 of Statutory Instrument 1983/1553 then the court couldn't issue an enforcement order. The House of Lords clearly considered it the will of parliament that where a lender did not comply with the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Subsequent regulations then the lender does not have any recourse, they cannot side step regulation by any other means and weather it is considered right or wrong for the debtor not to have to repay an unenforceable debt becomes irrelevant where the requirements of the CCA 1974 and regulations are not met

25. Since the judgment of Lord Nicholls of Birkenhead clearly sets out that without a credit agreement the claimant's case cannot succeed.

26. I also refer to the website of Francis Bennion, the drafts person of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and note in particular a PDF document that the honourable Mr Bennion has posted (located here http://www.francisbennion.com/pdfs/f...974-s127-3.pdf ) which states

"As the draftsman of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 I would like to thank Dr Richard Lawson for his interesting and well-argued article (30 August 2003) on Wilson v First County Trust Ltd [2003] UKHL 40, [2003] 4 All ER 97. Dr Lawson may be interested to know that I included the provision in question (section 127(3)) entirely on my own initiative. It seemed right to me that if the creditor company couldn't be bothered to ensure that all the prescribed particulars were accurately included in the credit agreement it deserved to find it unenforceable, and that the court should not have power to relieve it from this penalty. Nobody queried this, and it went through Parliament without debate. I'm glad the House of Lords has now vindicated my reasoning and confirmed that nobody's human rights were infringed.

167 Justice of the Peace (2003) 773.

27. The defendant will further refer to the cases of Dimond v Lovell - [2001] GCCR 2751 and London North Securities Ltd & Mr and Mrs. Meadows [2005] EWCA Civ 956,as these cases which were dealt with by the Court of Appeal and House of Lords respectively deal with Consumer credit Agreements and the fact that where agreements do not comply with the Act they are not enforceable by the courts

28. Therefore I respectfully request that the court order the claimant produce the original signed agreement before the court to show the form and content of it and that it complies with the regulations referred to in this defence, otherwise the courts powers of enforcement are surely limited in these circumstances

29. Should the claimant be unable to produce the original agreement signed by both debtor and creditor and containing the prescribed terms, I request that the court uses its powers under section 142 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and declare the agreement supplied by the claimant (marked Exhibit CP xxx) unenforceable.

it should be to the owner of the debt once they proved the own the debt.

ie once they shown the deed of assigment so part of your defence

thanx for that lilly.

Bearing in mind that at the set aside hearing sols for claimant confirmed in court (will come out in transcript) that the claimant does not have a credit agreement (the only doc referred to in their POC). The original creditor exceed the 40days +2 on Wednesday and nothing from them so will send OC letter before action on Wednesday giving 14 days. Don't believe they will come up with anything. There must be a point when its accepted that there is no CCA and therefore debt unenforceable, but when do we get to that point?:-?

R

Should the claimant be unable to produce the original agreement signed by both debtor and creditor and containing the prescribed terms, I request that the court uses its powers under section 142 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and declare the agreement supplied by the claimant (marked Exhibit CP xxx) unenforceable.

I belive thats the point

so it seems to get back to an attack on 2 sides.

1. I pursue my appeal and hopefully get my set aside. The Claimant then still relies on their poc that just relies on CCA that they don't have then I get their statement of case struck out matter over.

2. I follow up SAR to oc and take them to court as a seperate action for non compliance.

In either case if no cca counterclaim for declaratory relief.

I know this is in simple terms but have I got it right?

R

hi robin,

looks like you and lilly have it all under control.

i just wonder whether there is a case for endeavouring to attack the original judgment head on, rather than going thru the appeal for set aside and, if successful, them undoubtedly not pursuing the debt further, leaving u with a dodgy credit file for 6 years.

i dont know the answer, just putting an idea forward. could a fresh action not be taken, appealing the original judgment on the basis of new evidence (no CCA, admitted by the other side) adding the s142 and clearance of credit file in that action so that if successful, the whole claim is thrown out and ur credit file is cleared in one foul swoop so to speak?

just a thought.

I see where you are going r&b. Now thats a thought!! My thoughts before your thread was to attack the judgment with the appeal and set aside. At same time follow through SAR and then go for counterclaim for declaratory relief, which I belived would also involve getting their statement of case dismissed.

If i was to attack the original judgment on basis you put forward I would assume I would still need transcript of set aside hearing as that would be my new evidence (no CCA admitted by other side). WHen transcript recieved, put in an out of time appeal against original judgment, which should be allowed in view of new evidence. Bottom line is same result, but maybe easier route. At same time continue to follow through SAR with original creditor with aim to claim back everything paid over the past 6 years. Sneaky :D.

Have I got the logic right?

I always believe that there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

R

hi robin,

if possible it makes sense to me to take out the original judgment in one hit rather than leave it flailing around unresolved. as i say im unsure of the legal process required so unless anyone on here can shed some light it may be an idea to consult that barrister you talked of previously for an opinion. id certainly be interested myself.

i would get all the evidence collated that u possibly can and an admission on a court transcript regarding no CCA doesnt come any better does it:D

ive never gone that far down the SAR route but i know supasnooper of the site team regularly advocates an aggressive stance and the method required, so perhaps search around or PM him if u havent got it already, tho i think CB has possibly given u the reqd info already.

sorry i cant be of more help.

You have been of great help R&B. I am working on a brief at his time for counsel and will now include this other tactic. Will let you know the outcome. However in meantime I'm continuing to complete appellants notice myself as clock is ticking on that but will need further help from the likes of x20.

Thanx for keeping an eye on this.

I'm working on this most of today but will lose my broadband connection soon as just had call from BT engineer as still having probs with download speed. When back online will post update.

R

Have a look at this link regarding court action for compliance of SAR -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/49571-havinastella-lloyds-tsb-3.html#post1592782

If you pursue this route the court fee cost will be £30.00 unless you can claim fee remission -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/195872-court-fees-remission.html

Edited by supasnooper
added links
  • Haha 1

Just got my line back up. Thanx for looking in supasnooper. I will look through the link. I am determined to pursue all avenues and your help in pointing me in right direction is much appreciated.

Just found out that postal order sent with sar was cashed on 07/08/09. Thanks again citizenb, more wood for the fire :)

Excellent, did you ask the post office to confirm it in writing for you ?

BCOBS