Robinson Way CCJ/CO Cap1 card debt - was unable to respond - now want to set aside **LOST** - appealed - **WON** Claim reset - **WON - Case dismissed**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats how I would interpret the regs, but you know what its like when you get into court. I've tried to search, without success, for some case law that clarifies the point as this would pin it down.

Hope you are able to come up with something cymruambyth.

R

Excellent and very detailed CB. Very useful, thank you. On the question of stating the number of days from date of letter to remedy default, the regs state that a date must be stated. If the DN does not state a date to remedy the breach but instead says breach must be rectified within xx days from date of DN, does that wording comply with the regs or not (even if it says 25 days or even 30 days from date of DN).

Any thoughts on this CB.

R

Hi Robin,

I think the following is quite clear. A date must be stated.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/show-post/post-2172221.html

Details of breach of agreement and action required to remedy, or pay compensation for, the breach

A specification of:--

(a) the provision of the agreement alleged to have been breached; and

(b) the nature of the alleged breach of the agreement, specifying clearly the matters complained of; and either

© if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which that action is to be taken; or

(d) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which it is to be paid.

However, I rather suspect that if a DN states "28" days, the opposition could probably argue quite confidently that they had given more time than the regulations allowed for and have the judge declare it a de minimus issue.

The reasoning behind a date which doesnt allow the full 14 days to remedy provided for by parliament is, IMHO still sound ,as the Creditor would be depriving you of that protection. Stating 28 days doesnt deprive you of that protection IYKWIM.

Does that help ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi robin,

there have been no updates to your thread in a while - just wondering what happened in your appeal. I have applied to withdraw my admission but the judge refused. i am considering my next steps.

atom

• 5 months later...

Hi All

Its been a long time since my last post, but now after what seems a life time and many other issues since my last post I can now post up that after winning my appeal and getting leave to withdraw my admission, which effectively turned clock back to me recdeiving the claim. I WON.

Was in court at end of last week and the Claimants claim was DISSMISSED.

I will post up more info that may be helpful to others and I should be able to spend a bit of time helping others with the benefit of my experience over the last 2.5 years.

Its been a stressful time thoughout this, even though I always believed I was right.

R

Excellent news Robin

A win that was thoroughly well deserved and worked for.

Congratulations.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is excellent news after a lot of effort to get you to this position - you should be very proud of yourself!

May this thread be used to show others the extent to which you have to go to fight your corner when you know you are right. Lots of others would have given up long before now.

Give them hell, people... :lol:

Congratulations :whoo:

understand the stress you have been through, glad it came good for you in the end

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Yes, well done. I imagine you are very relieved this is all over. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• dx100uk changed the title to Robinson Way CCJ/CO Cap1 card debt - was unable to respond - now want to set aside **LOST** - appealed - **WON** Claim reset - **WON - Case dismissed**