Robinson Way CCJ/CO Cap1 card debt - was unable to respond - now want to set aside **LOST** - appealed - **WON** Claim reset - **WON - Case dismissed**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does make you wonder R&B if justice does really exist or whether its there just to control and keep us mere mortals in our place. Just got to keep fighting them and never give up. Agree with you, trial bundle is a bit of a pain, but if you can get hold of a copy of adobe acrobat you can build the TB as you go and repaginate automatically as you go. I found it invaluable.

Robin

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do agree with you R&B, that the cost of making an application to appeal should be enough to cover a hearing enabling me to make my request for permission to appeal oraly.

If it's any help, I spoke yesterday to a person on the Appeals Section at My Court Office. they assured me that there is no further fee to pay, if you make an application for an oral hearing (following a refusal of permission to appeal without a hearing)

i.e. all you pay is the initial £120 when you first file Appeal Notice - Form N161 at the start of your appeal.

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

Thanx for that shakes. As R&B said earlier, it is a bit of a lottery who you are able to speak to in the court and it seems you have been lucky enough to speak to the right person. To make sure that I got my request in without any worry of my oral request for permission to appeal being chucked out, I included it in an application I was making to obtain permission to introduce fresh evidence to my appeal. Just waiting for my hearing date now.

Thanx again for checking this out.

Robin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Not been around that much as trying to get head together re appeal. I have my permission hearing this week and have a question I can't find answer to

When an admission is made and req for time to pay, if amount offered is not aceptable to claimant, is there a formula the court uses when determining the rate of payment? If yes, is it mandatory on claimant even if it may take many years to repay?

Robin

Yes Robin its mandatory but have known the Claimants to to try to reject.

No special formula but based on I&E and existing debts and of course the amount of debt in question.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy.

Is there a requirement that the amount determined must be affordable to defendant? Reason asking, as part of appeal I believe I should be successful on set aside for irregular judgment. However, if unsuccessful with ground that I could successfully defend, I would not be able to apply for admission to be withdrawn and therefore back to determination of rate of payment. That being case can other side claim they are being prejudiced because the amount, which they wouldn't agree with, would take too long to repay debt.

Do you see where I'm coming from? just trying to cover all angles.

Robin

Hello Robin!

Think my brain has gone into meltdown. Can anyone advise me where in CCA 1974, or otherwise, I can find legislation when creditor does not have the credit agreement and therefore making the debt unenforceable.

It doesn't really say that, as such, the task is to build up your case to show they have no hope.

For example, if your Agreement was made before The Consumer Credit Act 2006 came into force, and after 1985 when the 1974 Act acquired most of its teeth (before the 2006 extracted the sharp ones), then you are off to a good start.

Then, assuming your Agreement is governed by The Consumer Credit Act 1974, you need to follow the above link, and read up on s61, s65 and s127. When there, bone up on s87 and s88 as well, to see what steps they needed to follow when ending the Agreement (assuming they claim you were in default in some way).

The key section is s61(1)(a), i.e. the Prescribed Terms must be contained within the Agreement.

If they are not, then it is improperly executed and s65 kicks in.

That then passes you to s127, and s127(3) that precludes a Court from making an enforcement order if the box for s61(1)(a) is not ticked!

If the bank has no Agreement, then you have the full set, and you can rightly claim that it's unenforceable in the absence of anything to prove otherwise.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

BRW

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just a quick update. My permission to appeal hearing has been adjourned to early jan on grounds of personal reasons that court accepted. Also got the final charging order hearing adjourned until outcome of appeal.

All ready for Jan hearing and got everything clear now for Christmas.

Will give updates as and when other developments.

Robin

may i take this oppertunity to wish you and your family the very very best for the season

the very best regards lilly

Many thanx Lilly. If I can take the opportunity to wish you and everyone else on here, particularly CitizenB, Andyorch, R&B and all others that without your help I would not have had this beleife that I can fight for justice that we all deserve, a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Robin

• 3 weeks later...

Albeit a little late, Happy New Year to everyone.

GOOD NEWS I have just got back from this afternoons hearing and I have been given permission to appeal. But the icing on the cake is that the Circuit Judge clearly recognised that judgment was irregular and accepted that, as it was brought to attention of claimant sols (all 3 of them at various times) and that charging order was obtained based upon a judgment wrongly entered, included in his order to allow the appeal, set aside the charging order, even though the actual appeal not heard yet.

At long last, some justice being handed out.

Just going to have a hot drink now, but will certainly open a decent bottle of wine tonight.

Thanks for everyones support and once all has fully sunk in I will then focus on next stage knowing that when next in court for the substansive appeal, the judge has seen considerable merit in my argument and as a result has already set aside the charging order.

Robin :D

Edited by RobinWayRobinme
Didn't fully make sense before, Sorry

Excellent news, congratulations on all your hard work succeeding.

I may be going down the appeal route so I'll certainly be studying your thread!

Many thanx cymruambth. Still a little way to go but I'm absolutely delighted with the outcome today and, of course, if my experiences with this can be of any help, I be more than happy. Thats what this forum is all about.

Thanx Lilly

Your post has helped me to further understand the law. I wish the DJ today understood it also. My main concern at mo is how do I make an appeal and please continue with your help with it. I am still quite angry at what has happened as it is not justice. If I just had to deal with the claimants sols I don't think I would have had a problem, but I had the DJ against me as well:mad:. I may have had a glass or 2 of wine at mo, but I will take what ever action I need to get this put right. Your input certainly helps me pick up my spirits. THANK YOU.

may i say well done you have come a long way well done

Thanks Lilly & B3rty. As we all know its a bit of a lottery who you get. Fortunately I got a circuit judge who was prepared to be persuaded to move away from his initial common law views with remarks like "Well Mr RWRM you took the money from the Claimant, why do ytou think you shouldn't pay it back" (or similar words). It was refreshing to find a judge that having accepted that one of my grounds (judgment wrongly entered by default) must be set aside, took the initiative following very little pursuation, that the Charging Order be set aside and included it in the order.

Whilst it is the luck of the draw which judge you get, I am happy that I will have the same Judge for the appeal itself as it would appear that having made an order to set aside the charging order, it would make it very difficult for him not to set aside the judgment at appeal.

Hello Robin!

GOOD NEWS I have just got back from this afternoons hearing and I have been given permission to appeal.

E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T

Cheers,

BRW

Yes, I am so pleased for you. You worked hard on this and it has paid off. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D