You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

charles7

Paying Back Student Overdraft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am in my third year of studying and Halifax have contacted me saying they have taken away my £1000 interest free overdraft, and effectively i owe them 1000 now.

They then agreed to set up a payment plan which would stop any interest on the account. I've never had to do a repayment plan thing before and when they rang and asked how much i can pay in every month I said £80, but I really don't think I can pay that much a month as im still a student and have lots of other things to pay off this year too, I just said £80 at the time because I wasnt prepared for the call (gave me a shock to know my overdraft was being withdrawn just like that) and I thought if i said something really low like £20 a month they would get angry with me and demand the money in one go or something.

I have to pay my first £80 at the end of August, but cant even manage this really and really need to change my plan to something like £30 a month, then pay in bigger amounts everynow and then if i feel i can or something comes up (like a job.)

I need some advice on how or if i can change the payment plan to less a month, if i ring them saying i can only pay £20 or £30 a month will they be fine with that, or will they say no the plan for £80 a month has already been agreed and cannot be changed or something? And what is the best way to ask/tell them, should i ring up or write to them? And when i do what manner should i take, be really nice or sound angry?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get this absolutely right because if i can change my plan to £20 or £30 a month I will be able to sleep better at night!!!

Thanks people!

Go into the branch and talk to the bank manager. Ask to renegotiate to a lower level of repayment. They want your custom as a potentially high earning graduate. The fact that they asked how much you could pay back in the first place also means they'll be more likely to change it for you.

is this linked to a student grant or loan?

if so they cannot do this.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

No, unfortunately i went down the route of maxing out the overdraft and never funding the account