You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A friend of a friend (well, she was until now) is having trouble with debts and asked me to do a budget plan to make offers to her creditors.

She is 21, single, living with parents, has take home pay of £750 / month and owes around £6000 to 4 creditors.

Her monthly spend includes the following, listed under necessities:

£40 Rent to parents (includes food)

£30 Utility Bills (gas, electric)

£300 Clothing & Shoes

£100 Cigarettes

£200 Parties, cinema, restaurants.

£100 Mobile phone

The debts, btw, are £3000 to one clothing catalogue, £2000 on a credit card and two store cards. The clothing spend listed above does not include spends on catalogues.

I suggested knocking £220 off clothing, £180 off "parties" and £70 off mobile phone (which is PAYG), with possibility of looking at packing in smoking. The payments, even with the fags, more than meet the minimum payments for each debt and avoids the unpleasentness of CCJs etc.

Her response (this is a cut and paste so typos not mine)

"i thought you where supossed to help me?!Whot am i supossed to do if i carnt go out?!i might as well just dye!yu must be realy thik if you think i wil do all that!whot am i supossed to do now!".

She rambled on about how important it it to have "nice clothes" and to be able to talk to her mates because her mum "does her head in nagging all the time". Apparently, she wont have clothes to wear for when she does get the chance to go out.

Needless to say, I told her exactly what I thought of her and her attitude, something unfit to print on a forum.

How bloody selfish can you get? There are millions of people who are scraping every penny they can get (me included) to make ends meet for just the basics, and many more who cannot even manage that. And here's this b**ch moaning like that.

:mad: sounds as if she is very self centered to me

I don't even know the person - it was only because a friend said she was "desperate" that I agreed to help even though I'm having enough trouble sorting out other things.

What really peeves me of as well is that, though I would have helped anyway, my mate told me that they would be able to help me getting a loan, as her uncle runs a business and is "loaded", there would be a good chance of getting a loan off him in return for me helping her friend as well as providing advice on compliance matters for her uncle's business.

What a mug I am.

£300 Clothing & Shoes - good god I dont spend that in a year

£100 Cigarettes

£200 Parties, cinema, restaurants. - I wish

£100 Mobile phone -

so she is £20 a month over anyway obviously maths is not her strong point, along with her language skills:lol:

IHer response (this is a cut and paste so typos not mine)

"i thought you where supossed to help me?!Whot am i supossed to do if i carnt go out?!i might as well just dye!yu must be realy thik if you think i wil do all that!whot am i supossed to do now!".

Say's it all really :???:

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Well £100 on ciggies for starters can easily be cut out.

Thats £100 she is wasting just to give herself lung cancer effectivley :rolleyes:

Just look at the paltry amount she gives her mum a month though. I'd have kicked her out long ago if that's all she offered. When I was living with my parents I paid between a third and a half of my wages.

Oh, and I forgot to mention......

She wants to pay for a 2 week holiday to Ibiza next year!

£20 Clothing & Shoes

£40 Cigarettes

£20 Parties, cinema, restaurants.

£30 Mobile phone

I've amended to reflect what the creditors will actually accept as reasonable as per the rules we (debt counsellors) follow.

To be honest mate, let her get chased by the creditors. The best thing that can possibly happen for her is to learn a lesson in finances at a young age. Bring on the CCJs I say.

just leave her to it mate

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Get the bloody uncle to bail her out!

As said before leave her to it and when she gets a CCJ and cant get any more credit then that's where the s**t will hit the fan. £300 christ I wish I had £30 to live on.

BTW I do have sympathy for people who through no circumstances of their own have ended up in a bad situation - me included.

I dont have sympathy for people who moan because they can't go out.

HH

:mad: sounds as if she is very self centered to me

...or like a typical 21 year old girl; further confirmed by her rather - shall we say - unique grasp of basic grammar and syntax.

On a more serious note, whilst I can understand why you feel angry gyzmo, you of course understand that any help you try to render will prove fruitless. The simple fact is that - in keeping with most people her age and, if I may make so bold, level of maturity - she wants to have her cake and eat it.

Clearly the only realistic thing you can do (and paradoxically the most constructive help you can give) is to do nothing. Make it clear that you are willing to assist her only as much as she is herself then leave her to it.

She will, of course, ignore you. Then the debts will mount, the court appearences will begin and one of two things will happen. She will either realise her idiocy and make a reasonable application to you - or anyone else - for help, or she will continue to behave like somebody a quarter her age and will get slapped with hefty fines and a tattered credit rating.

The weak link in this will be her parents. If they give in to junior's demands for a quick fix to her debt problems, then nothing is going to get solved.

Thread title amended, original not suitable for forum.. even in the Bear Garden. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D