You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

littlemissmufc

Heard about A&L recalling all overdue debt files from debt collection agencies?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have an overdraft debt with A&L that got passed onto Collect Direct Uk. I have been paying it back regularly since Jan and rang up in the week to increase my payments to them and was told the file was closed.

I asked what was going on and was told by the operator that A&L are now recalling all their files back due to the "credit crunch" and will handle it all themselves. I've recieved no communication from A&L about this and the operator on the phone told me they wouldn't accept any payment from me anymore so I've cancelled the direct debit just incase anyway but he told me to pay A&L and ring them.

Has anyone else heard this or been told something smiliar by a debt collection agency that is dealing with their A&L debt?

Should I contact A&L? There's £162 left on the account that I wouldn't mind just getting rid of.

What happens if I don't hear anything and my credit file gets marked incorrectly?

Thanks

Nik

If A&L have recalled their debts from agencies then you will hear from them in due course. More banks are dealing with their own debts rather that pay agencies commission. I wouldn't worry about your credit reports either - there are procedures they will go through first long before they default you.

It's not just about the commission - it's about the debt industry's appalling reputation, which is now attaching itself to those who give them business.

They are probably recalling them to sell them on!

Like HSBC have been doing over the last couple of years.

Because then they think they can wash there hands of the disgusting methods the likes of Marlin use.

Take Care

Jon