Getting out of Orange account.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For some reason i have 2 accounts with orange, think it was a previous gf i got a contract for... but anyway recently getting annoyed with paying over 50-60£ a month, and i hardly use any of my phones, im starting to think i want out, a simple pay & go would do me...

recently got a text

"Hi from Orange, From 24 Aug phone calls to numbers beginning with 070 will be charged at 75p/minute. For more information just go to orange.co.uk/guidetopaymonthly"

now i read somewhere that you're able to cancel a contract if it increases any prices which alter your rights...

Is there anything i can do, or a guide? or a pre-setup letter i could send them, with all correct wording??

anyhelp would be great, thank you!

Price rises are allowed - any change will have to be proved to be to your detriment (ie, you cannot try to get out of a contract because of some price increase for a service you have never used). If you HAVE used the service, they can offer a bill credit to cover the estimated increase, and your contract continues as before.

Firstly i would start with the usual phone call. Tell them the same as you have with us. its always a good place to start and a good backup for the next step of contact.

I had a similar problem before and i've ended 2 contracts early successfully. The first was with o2. I no longer needed the contract but they would not let me finish early. On the phone to them the person a spoke to was no help at all and was quite sharp with me.

So the next step was a letter of complaint about the way i was spoken to. In the letter i did state that i was happy to compromise and pay a final months fee to them and also transfer my number to pay and go therefore still being a customer. It worked !

The other contract was for my wife who was with vodafone. This was a tough nut to crack. We had problems with her texts not getting through to her friends. After many calls and receiving different excuses. I then sent an email of complaint! I firstly complained of the poor phone service that she was receiving and secondly that we had been lied to by their customer services, after hearing so many poor excuses, i told them i wanted to end the contract immediatly with no cancellation fee.

This fell on deaf ears!

So i sent the email again.

Then again and so on. eventually they replied with an apology. and a measly offer of 5 pound off the next months bill!

I replied stating that after such terrible communication and the fact that they had not kept up their side of the contract (i.e the texts that were not being received) i was not prepared to accept such a measley offer and would like to take the matter further.

After a couple more polite emails between us they did end the contract with no fee's to pay .

All i can say is if you get told no, don't accept it. keep badgering them! find fault where you can and use it. email is a great way to do this and costs you nothing.

This is just my opinion though. There may be better ways to end a contract but this worked for me.

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

As Buzby has pointed out, you need to show that the price increase has been to your detriment, and if you never call these numbers then it might be hard to prove that.

As for livingdeadguy's post, the inability of some people to receive texts might not have been the sender's fault. Usually there's a logical reason for this issue (most of the time the recipient's phones have inadvertantly activated a number-specific text-blocker on their phone - Samsungs in particular!). As the tactic of 'keep badgering them', not sure of the morality of that advice. If you're in the right, then of course stick to your guns and perservere using sound logic and reasoning. If you're in the wrong, then accept it and move on. Although, i'm with you on the communication by email, i wish that more company's made this more of a standard communication method, it would be some much easier!

As Buzby has pointed out, you need to show that the price increase has been to your detriment, and if you never call these numbers then it might be hard to prove that.

As for livingdeadguy's post, the inability of some people to receive texts might not have been the sender's fault. Usually there's a logical reason for this issue (most of the time the recipient's phones have inadvertantly activated a number-specific text-blocker on their phone - Samsungs in particular!). As the tactic of 'keep badgering them', not sure of the morality of that advice. If you're in the right, then of course stick to your guns and perservere using sound logic and reasoning. If you're in the wrong, then accept it and move on. Although, i'm with you on the communication by email, i wish that more company's made this more of a standard communication method, it would be some much easier!

We had the phone checked by vodafone at their local shop and all was ok. Same with the phone receiving the texts.

Vodafone admitted they could see the texts were stacked up but couldn't give a reason as to why. we are in a good signal area and we did the usual switch on and off, and manual roam.

We new we were in the right so hounding them seemed the only way we could get them to respond, seeing as thie customer service was so poor.

As\i said before it worked for us, but i agree with you that it may not always be the best route in other circumstances. And of course i would not recommend it if someone was just trying to blag their way out of a contract. but if you can find a fault then use it as a reason.

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09