Ways To Make Money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Not sure am in the right place but justwanted some advice really, am in a predicament of havingno money despite working 9-5 6 days a week!

Was thinking of doing something like kleeneze but then i hear bad reviews it outs me off. Looked at Avon then har bad reviews about them !!

Has anyone had any experience of any of these ?

Thanks

If you're able to tell us a bit more about your current financial situation, we may be able to help you if you're paying too much on loans, credit cards and so on.... but as for advising about ways of making extra money, nearly everyone I know is experiencing problems of some sort right now. It's a very difficult time out there...

Hi Mrs Westham,

want a good way to make money? Listen to this.....

Im an ACS Corgi registered gas engineer and the wife is a residential social worker so we are ok for money right?

So why do I work 7 nights each week delivering Pizzas etc?

Because it pays me around £350 a week cash in hand - thats why!

We dont need it but what we do is save it for ten-week periods then split it 50/50.

Its a nice little bonus - she does what she wants with it and so do I. I tend to save mine but the wife goes mental in clothes/shoe shops!!

And do I writhe in anguish about not declaring it for tax and NI purposes? - You bet your bloody life I dont - these parasites of a Government get more than their fair share out of us as it is!!

Thats one of the good things about it - you dont!

Im doing anything from 85 to 100 hours a week with both jobs.

As for the delivering - Sunday to Thursday I work 6pm till 11pm. Friday to Saturday is 6pm till 2am.

You could consider doing just the weekends when the earnings are at the highest.

Also, I usually get around £20 a night in tips over the weekend and I leave this aside to cover fuel costs - and it almost pays for the full week, I may have to put a tenner or so towards it.

Ive being doing it since last November and apart from the odd mad rush of buying new fishing tackle, its paid for a holiday in Spain (never again), Italy (great) and Im off to Turkey on the 27th of this month for a fortnight ( been twice already- 3rd world dump but the missus is having non of it, she thinks its great).

We are well on course for saving 2 grand each to take with us ( this mathematically works out at me bunging her another £500 or so when she runs out of cash which will come complete with lecture and me being promptly told to shut up!).

This is all from the delivery job

Hope this helps...........

• 1 month later...

Personally, having tried Kleeneze, I wouldn't count on this as a way to make any money at all - it ended up costing us more than we made. There are a number of reasons for this:-

You don't have a set territory, so you are constantly in direct competition with other, more established, agents. This means you have to cover a vast area to get a reasonable order amount - if you don't get a decent value order, you don't earn anything.

The brochures are valid for several months, so you start off buying a couple of hundred brochures. But then you find you might only get half of them back each time you drop them out, and they recommend you do 400 houses per 2 weeks, so you have to buy more constantly - and they're not cheap. Kleeneze's regulators state that you cannot actually knock on people's doors to ask for your brochures back so you have no way of recovering them unless people actually leave them outside.

They run out of stock constantly - and you might be waiting months for items to be delivered, only then to be told that they're not going to be restocked. You then have to go and tell the customer this. As a result, you quite often end up making several trips to the same customer to try to complete a single order.

Their agent commission levels are, to be honest, rubbish - 10% is the basic.

Their credit limits are very, very low. They usually start you off with £250. If your order is more than this, they'll try to get you to pay the difference with a credit card because 'you'll get it back when you deliver the goods'. But of course, by the time you've done this, you'll have been charged interest on the card that will wipe out your commission. You have to apply for credit limit increases and they might give you an extra £100, but you can then only apply for one a month.

We also had the situation where they sent our entire order to the wrong place so it went missing for 3 weeks. They then froze our account because we couldn't pay it because we'd not had any goods to deliver.

I'm currently doing Avon and they've been absolutely fine. There is only a credit limit on your first order, just so they can check you'll pay it. They don't run out of stock so much and they will then hold the order on the missing item so they deliver it when it comes back in stock - with Kleeneze you have to re-order each week to keep an outstanding item live. With Avon, if anything goes wrong, or you're billed for something that's missing, you just report it via the website and they sort it out so you get the missing item with your next order.

You also only need to use the books for one 3-week period, so if you don't get some back, it's no biggie. Also, you can knock on doors to request the books back. And their commission rate is higher (around 25% provided you get orders of £148.

Edited by manxcat2206
Typo - should be £148, not £14. Not sure what happened there!!

Kleeneze's regulators state that you cannot actually knock on people's doors to ask for your brochures back so you have no way of recovering them unless people actually leave them outside.

Don't take any notice of what they say. Our Kleeneze man always knocks on our door if we forget to put it out.

Well, yeah, we did towards the end too as it was just getting too expensive to keep losing 50-60% of the catalogues. To be honest, no-one really seemed to mind. But, according to Kleeneze themselves, the 'legal' stance is that you can't. Not entirely sure how true that really is or if they're really trying to sell more catalogues!

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I know this thread is old - didnt know if I should start a new one or not.

I too need ways to make money. I have a health disability which has limited me.

I have done kleeneze in the past and they were a nightmare. very pushy team. I also ended up a couple of hundred in debt which i paid off.

I have seen pizza delivery jobs but they say £7 per hour :-/ not sure how to get one for £350 a week part time.

I have yesterday found WIKANIKO.... its a similar principle to kleeneze i think (ish).. its currenyly free start up with if u continue on after 6 months u pay £79 start up. seems reasonable. Does anyone have any experience of it? I have run it through the CAG search engine and nothing bad has come up.

I need to earn £50- 100 per week.... if anyone has any ideas that would be great :)

clear33

I don't know where you got the idea that a startup charge of anything can be reasonable. Tesco don't ask for money up front when you become a checkout girl neither does anyone else. It's all a big c@n, Employers pay you, you don't pay them.

How many barmaids do you know that had to pay the pub before they could work there. Think about it.

I don't know where you got the idea that a startup charge of anything can be reasonable. Tesco don't ask for money up front when you become a checkout girl neither does anyone else. It's all a big c@n, Employers pay you, you don't pay them.

How many barmaids do you know that had to pay the pub before they could work there. Think about it.

lol yes I see your point! :)

I agree.

However, I also agree to this contradictory point of view.

79 pounds for all the products on a website to be up and running for me, plus my own discount if i buy them - seems ok to me.

its a one off charge.

is it a bit like paying a window cleaner 5,000 for his business - one could say just go find customers and clean windows.

I am not that keen on the products i have seen so far but havent properly looked yet...

Another point - if there was a job somewhere that I could do - and that paid me between £30-100 per week...

and all that stood in my way for that job was £79...

I woukd **gladly** pay it. I am desperate for paid work i can do.

I know kleeneze want hundreds up front, betterware is free...

i just thought that wikaniko sounded good as you get 6 months to see if the thing works and pays before paying the £79... I think you get the kleeneze option of percentage bonuses for signing people up?

the ad also states that there are no pushy kleeneze stuff (which i hated).... but support when u want and need it...

It doesnt sound like an outright [problem]??? i maybe wrong.

Thanks v. much for your reply :)

hmm any good at repairs?

there is some money to be made in buy broken goods and repairing them.

or offer a collection service for house clearance, you will need a waste liscence however most items can be sold on at car boot with basic repairs

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

hmm any good at repairs?

there is some money to be made in buy broken goods and repairing them.

or offer a collection service for house clearance, you will need a waste liscence however most items can be sold on at car boot with basic repairs

I wish I was. I need more skills. I am not too bad but judging by my own house do not have high enough standards to sell to public.

If i regain my driving skills and upgrade to being confident of van driving I would do this. I think this is a good win win thing to do. Thankyou for advising of waste license... I have wondered about this in the past :)

Door to door catalogue companies are a type of pyramid [problem]. The only ones to benefit are those at the top.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Door to door catalogue companies are a type of pyramid ****. The only ones to benefit are those at the top.

I typed in Wikaniko [problem] and there is a webiste review

http://www.businessopportunitywatch.com/BOW-Review-of-Wikaniko.htm

I think to tell the truth of [problem]s.

This review doesnt seem to think it is.

My problems with it so far is I am not really impressed with the products. And some of the ingredients are not really that good for you in some of the products...

Overall they are not overly priced however unlike other catalogue products taking into account free p&p and home delivery convenience.

There is a practical problem I can see for me... say i deliver catalogue and have a stack of orders...

I have to have a cash float to buy those products until i deliver them and get paid by the customer.

My initial enthusiasm has already worn off :-/

clear33 :)

Edited by honeybee13

ah ok. thats y people use swirls. Thanks ;)

Not quite, sorry. People use swirls to lessen the impact of swearing. If the word you type isn't a swearword and is auto-edited, that is because the site team has decided that the word could cause us problems.

Please don't try to circumvent the filter, it's likely to cause trouble for you. In your case, the word came out as [problem] so you should leave it as that.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum