You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

MgD256

mgd256 v Buchanan Clark & Wells/Scotcall

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi new to the forum so would just like to say a big hi everyone first.

I have been recieving letters and phone calls from BCW and would like to know if there is anything i can do to stop them from calling me and sending me threatning letters demanding £291.06 from me.

I need to explain my situation, I do not know if i actually owe this money to Eon my previous gas and electricity supplier so i have been in dispute with them for months over what im supposedly due and if i am due anything.

Eon claim i owe them £291.06 from back in 2007 but have never asked me for this money untill i moved house and changed suppliers 5 or 6 months ago and when i phoned them to ask where this debt appeared from asking for proof of this i was told back in 2007 i defaulted on payments which caused my account to end up in arears but i also clearly recall my father paying a large bill to the full amount around this same time with his credit card to Eon.

Eon sent me utility bills but this wasnt what i asked for i asked for a list of payments recieved by myself on those accounts since this debt occured which i have never recieved and also do not know if they able to provide this hence the dispute.

I now have buchanan clark and wells phoning me every couple of days sometimes twice a day demanding payment telling me that they have taken on the debt from the original client Eon.

When speaking to them they seem to be only interested in getting the most amount of money from me and when i refuse to accept the amounts they ask i end up with an earfull of abuse only to have the phone hung up on me.

Ive also had them swear at me down the phone threatening me of court action aswell as threatening me to send people to my door to which my reply has been take me to court or send someone to my door can you provide proof of this debt i owe but they refuse to prove this to me by telling me we dont need to prove anything to you, you owe us money if you want that information contact our clients Eon i then asked them if i have to contact Eon then what am i doing talking to them they hung up yet again.

I decided regardless if i owe this amount or not i wont get any peace and quiet from these people untill i pay the full amount so i contacted Eon around 2 weeks ago and spoke to someone about this £291.06 i was told it was passed onto a collections agency i then explained to whoever i was speaking to at the time that i refused to deal with these abusive bullies and said i would only deal with Eon themselves that i could pay £50 every fortnight or £100 per month to them untill the debt was clear, the lady then told me she could set up a payment plan and as long as i paid the full amount owed by 1 january 2010 then i can pay whenever as long as the full amount was paid by that date and was also told she could send me a prepayment card to make these payments so i agreed as it makes life more easier for me to either pay by debit/credit card or prepayment.

I recieved a letter from Eon with this agreement dated 9 july 2009 signed by a Jacqueline Hale (Customer Service) but i still recieve calls from BCW and when i explain this to them im told that i can only pay the money direct to them and then im asked if i would want to set up a payment plan, I refuse to deal with BCW and have also told them this but recently i contacted Eon yet again to enquire about where this prepayment card was to be only told sorry you cant pay us its been passed onto a collections agency and when i tried to explain the agreement i was yet again told you'll have to talk to BCW as its been cancelled, i also asked who cancelled the agreement and was told sorry but i do not know as i dont have access or it doesnt say who cancelled this agreement.

So now im at the stage where i want to pay a bill im not sure if i even owe to the original company but they refuse to take payments etc after making an agreement which i have in headed paper but at the same time dont want to deal with a company who cant treat me with respect whilst contacting me at my home asking for my money bullying me with empty threats of legal action ive even considered changing my phone number just for peace but refuse to let them get to me so what can i do as i dont know what else i can do.

Sorry for the long post and look forward to any replies or help provided

Edited by MgD256

Hi there..i'll alert a mod to start a new thread for you, so you get the personalized help & assistance.

• Haha 1

Post removed from original thread and used to start a new thread.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

hi and welcome to cag.

forget EON they are not interested and will not help as the debt has been passed on.

do not call them again they have already confused you by arranging a repayment plan,which was not going to happen,all they have done is waste your time and money.

stay of the phone to bcw.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

send them this make them prove the debt and that they have the right to collect.

send recorded do not sign (print your name)

If they can prove the debt and YOU are satisfied,and YOU want to clear it,

YOU pay on your terms,what YOU can afford.

from now on only deal with them in writting.

see what they come back with.

• Haha 1

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Thanks for the help people :) much appreciated