New to CRA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

As a young person I've never really been bothered about CRA's. I've never had a credit card but had a few direct debits set up in my name. I applied for a student account recently and was rejected. They told me to contact Experian as to why.

Now I understand from reading a few of these threads that these guys are dodgy as hell so would like some advice please.

I would be interested to know what my credit file says but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I ask for a credit report, or send them a subject access request or should I avoid being contact with there sort of people at all costs if I can help it?

Thanks,

Joe

You will more than likely have been rejected due to not having no credit history.

You can gain a copy of your report by paying a £2 fee to experian. If you go to their website there is a a section where you can download the relevant form.

Wouldnt worry too much if you have never had credit or debt. You can just make sure there is no wrong information on there that may affect your applications.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

It could be because you are young & haven't had any accounts/credit cards, & your not on any electorial roll so therefore the CRA's won't have any record of you.

Experian & credit expert do a free trial period. You can sign up if you wish and check your record yourself. If you do sign up and dont want to continue with a subscription with them make sure you cancel before the trial period ends - and cancel by calling them and ensure they send you an e-mail confirming cancellation.

If you don't want to do it on-line you can get a copy of your report by writing to them. I believe it cost £1.

If you do have any debts and you don't want to found, then signing up to CRAs will leave you open to being traced.

Hi the fee is £2

and this is the address;

Experian Ltd

Consumer Help Service

PO Box 8000

Nottingham

NG80 7WF

put something like this

Could you please provide me with a copy of my credit reference file.

I enclose a cheque for £2 as payment for this service.

My details are as follows

to be fair, lots of students will be in the same boat, no c/cards, barely on to the electoral register etc so that's probably not a reason for not granting a student account.

More likely to be that your pristine credit file is being confused with someone else's. Shouldn't happen but it does, and more frequently than you'd imagine.

If there is anything marked against you, remember as you can't enter into any credit until you turn 18, any dated before your 18th birthday are very easy to discount.

A quick scan of your file will show what the problem is, but if you're stuck ask on here there's lots of help available.

Have you never had a contract mobile phone or similar? That's usually why student accounts are rejected. Lack of any form of credit history. It doesn't have to be a credit card, but SOMETHING is usually needed.