You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I can understand your frustrations. I would say based upon what youve told us - It goes beyond what would be considered acceptable treatment of a worker. They cant take the phone in the way that they did. The fact that you had to report it to the police is completely unacceptable IMHO.   They really only have the right to tell you not to use your phone. They dont actually have the right to confiscate it from you. But they do have the right to ask you to leave it in a secure location like a locker etc or ask you to switch it off.    Financial Orgs have rules like that in place to protect customer data etc.
    • It's very difficult to read a solid block of text in the way that you have posted. Please would you mind reposting – but properly spaced on punctuated and then I'm sure that you will get the help and advice that you need. Thanks
    • I have just checked my credit file and Lowell have added this to my credit file in June, are they allowed to do this considering the accounts in dispute and they told me they had put the account on hold and had suspended all activity relating to the account, there is no marker showing for July.  
    • hi folks looking for some advice, purchased a set of alloy wheels through a company, that after 8 months wheels have started to erode, and were still under warranty, sent off an email, with pictures of all the wheels, it was not just one this happened on its all 4, after no reply, had put it down to them maybe been closed due to cover, and then called them a few weeks later, to see if they were open and had got my email, to be told they had changed there email, to forward the details onto them, as i did, they got back to me and said as they are now out of warranty as a goodwill gesture they would replace them for me, and was told that they have had problems with this wheel in the pat, and its no longer available, but in order to do this, i would have to drive over 600 miles, accommodation and a journey i am not fit for as i am recovering from cancer, i asked if i could send them back by courier, inconvenience to me as i will have to take vehicle off road to do so, but was told they would not accept them this way, and that they would hold the offer open for 6 months, or the other option was to buy another pair at cost and sell the faulty ones on eBay, was paid for on credit card, any one advice if i have any rights  thank you
    • HI   Further update email   Hi Pauline,   Thanks for your further email.   I can’t advise that you will not need to pay for the remainder of the booking until an alternative you are happy with is found, as this isn’t in line with the terms and conditions agreed to at the time of booking, or the package travel regulations. Customers who wish to keep the holiday in place would need to pay the remaining balance or it will be cancelled at the relevant charges, regardless of whether the hotel is affected.   If a booking is affected our priority will be to source an alternative hotel, to ensure customers can still go on holiday. If a suitable alternative can be provided, in line with the criteria set out in the package travel regulations, no refund will be due if the customer does not wish to travel on the holiday and make use the alternative hotel.   Kind regards,
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
blueboy987

Data Processing Rights & Accounts Sold / Assigned

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I haven't seen this discussed before and whilst there is probably nothing in it I thought it worth raising just in case. Hopefully the legal experts can comment.

A credit card agreement gives the card company certain rights with regards to processing your personal data, especially sharing it with other parties such as credit reference agencies and debt collectors.

When the card company sells the debt to a DCA, I'd assume that all of these rights are passed to the DCA with the agreement and that they no longer have them. Obviously they need to retain the data for internal purposes and to pass the data on to the DCA at the time of the sale. But other than that, surely all of their rights are surrendered at that point?

Fast forward a few months and the DCA realises it needs certain data to pursue the debt further and they don't have it. So they go back to the card company and request it.

Does the card company have any legal right to supply that data?

I would have thought not as they no longer have an agreement that covers it. So if they supply it, won't it be a breach of the Data Protection Act? Wouldn't it also make the data unusable as evidence in a court case?

I haven't seen this discussed before and whilst there is probably nothing in it I thought it worth raising just in case. Hopefully the legal experts can comment.

A credit card agreement gives the card company certain rights with regards to processing your personal data, especially sharing it with other parties such as credit reference agencies and debt collectors.

When the card company sells the debt to a DCA, I'd assume that all of these rights are passed to the DCA with the agreement and that they no longer have them. Obviously they need to retain the data for internal purposes and to pass the data on to the DCA at the time of the sale. But other than that, surely all of their rights are surrendered at that point?

Fast forward a few months and the DCA realises it needs certain data to pursue the debt further and they don't have it. So they go back to the card company and request it.

Does the card company have any legal right to supply that data?

I would have thought not as they no longer have an agreement that covers it. So if they supply it, won't it be a breach of the Data Protection Act? Wouldn't it also make the data unusable as evidence in a court case?

Hmm good question.

I think it depends on the set up. If the DCA is working for the OC then they can request the data from them at any time. I had a chat with the Data Comissioners office a few weeks back on this subject, If the OC has sold the debt on to a DCA the all data must be handed over after the NoA and the letter of LoA (to you) after the date in the letter, it must be correct, ie amounts correct any CRA marks removed (if active in the OC name). However, I have found out that these guys bend the rules and throw it around between each other like its nothing. I've cought out a OC and a DCA this way via written proof.

Now what we should also ask is if the OC has sold the debt and handed the data over, why should they keep any or all back for their records? As far as i'm concerned they have no intrest in the account any more so why hold on to all or some of it? do they want it both ways? (and i'm not talking about the data being held for 6 years, why should they cherry pick which rule to stick to, Its about money Data=cash, every person is worth around 3k to in intel firms.)

I think alot of these companys don't see it (as a threat) or don't care about your personal information, look back afew years ago with the national news reporting personal bank detaits being thrown out with the rubbish...

In my case i've got my guns all lined up awaiting the DCA to make there move, its all a matter of timing. Come on Cabot...

Thanks you have me thinking on this...

Trooper68

Trooper68:)

I've got proof that the card company supplied information (CCA and statements) to the DCA around 10 weeks after they had sold the account to them and this information is the only evidence they've provided for the court claim. So I'm wondering if I can go after the card company and if the information can be used in court, hence why I started the thread.

Who did you speak to at the Data Commissioners office? Do you have a phone number? Obviously I'd like to clarify things with them and figure out what my next move should be.