Court Baliff just knocked my door? at 7.59 pm help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Not been on her in a while, but i am shocked at what just happend

I have had a letter last week asking for a debt in the amount of £890 from a Cyclone Asset Mgmt. I have a CCJ for the debt which i amy add is or was for £126 its been sold on and on.

I had a warrant to levy good as i apparetly was not paying my debt back as the northampton cout had ordered> I never had these letters court papers?

I have done a bit of digging into Cyclone and they are very under-handed and not a very nice company, i have been writing to Cyclone as i cannot find a tel. number for them, and the court stating that i am not paying the amount they want, until i know what it is for and the original amount and the charges.

Anyway getting to the point the baliff from my local court just turned up? at this time of night...telling me to get a set the judgment aside form and apply asap, they are due to call tomorrow with a van to take goods from my house??? i asked if she was still callaing and she would not say?

what can i do, i have not got the money for the judgment and also i cannot get to my court?

help

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fees are way too high go to the court first thing and have it set aside

them you want a full list of fees and the amount of the said debt before it went to court if you are working then it is £50 but if you are not it is free if you have no joy because the fees are so high i would send in a form 4 you can also get this from the court.

Hope this helps...

• Haha 1

Hi all

I have had a letter last week asking for a debt in the amount of £890 from a Cyclone Asset Mgmt. I have a CCJ for the debt which i amy add is or was for £126 its been sold on and on.

I had a warrant to levy good as i apparetly was not paying my debt back as the northampton cout had ordered> I never had these letters court papers?

I have done a bit of digging into Cyclone and they are very under-handed and not a very nice company, i have been writing to Cyclone as i cannot find a tel. number for them, and the court stating that i am not paying the amount they want, until i know what it is for and the original amount and the charges.

Anyway getting to the point the baliff from my local court just turned up? at this time of night...telling me to get a set the judgment aside form and apply asap, they are due to call tomorrow with a van to take goods from my house??? i asked if she was still callaing and she would not say?

what can i do, i have not got the money for the judgment and also i cannot get to my court?

help

and sorry to say this they come to your house up till 9pm

Hi all

help

The County Clourt bailiff was being very helpful in correctly advsing you to apply to set aside the CCJ.

You will need to complete an N244. there is a fee to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all

i'm back again looking for help got in today had 1 letter sent via post asking me to pay the £77.25 agreed via court hearing that i knew nothing about by 29th August and another letter by hand from baliff of court stating pay the £77.25 by the 24th and underlined in areas with a red pen and wording changed on the hand deliverd one saying i will go to a womens prison at eastwood park for 14 days if i do not pay by the 24th

what the hell is this all about threats to go to prison for a catalogue debt???? am i going nuts or is this the case, god i may as well top myself now

can someone please help me what can i do if i get the money to pay the £77.25 i am admitting the debt and i don't

the bailiff has just broken the law it is not criminal not paying debt and i would talk to the court and inform them what the bailiff has written.

and also inform them that you have not received the court order informing you that you should pay and remember DONT let them in and i would also talk to the OFT with regards to the bailiff and his actions as they are very misleading

Hi

and thanks for the info i am so upset i have never broken the law, and this letter is just awful the court bailiff is not a very nice woman, so what she has done is against the law then? i cannot believe it.......

:mad: Take a copy of that letter - and then take it to the court, ask to see the court manager and make a complaint about the content, ask for a Form 4 (official complaint about a bailiff) and come back on here and we will tell you how to fill in the form.

That is outrageous you cannot go to prison for debts.

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

As I and Ell have said you CAN NOT be sent to prison what so ever, at all, if a form 4 was sent to the court the bailiff should be struck off because that as she well knows is not the case.

PS please do as Ell-enn has advised above and the court manager should put a stop to that bailiff right away.

hi all

thanks you all so much the problem i have is that the bailiff that sent/posted the letter is the court manager, she is the main bailiff?

I have not slept at all last night i am so upset and frightend by all this...

She may be the head bailiff (bailiff's office) but there will be a court office manager.

send me a PM with which court it is

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi all

feeling a little better today after all the help on here but nervous about tomorrow, want to get there for 9am on the dot, when they open....i have found a form 4 on the HMCS website, shall i just state about the letters in there? not sure what else i can put on there? also is it a N245 i need to stop the case until i get all the SAR info i have requested? thanks in advance

hi all

feeling a little better today after all the help on here but nervous about tomorrow, want to get there for 9am on the dot, when they open....i have found a form 4 on the HMCS website, shall i just state about the letters in there? not sure what else i can put on there? also is it a N245 i need to stop the case until i get all the SAR info i have requested? thanks in advance

Be careful! most court offices don't open till 10 am - the bailiff's office will be open earlier (sometimes 8.30) and you don't want to run into the bailiff you're complaining about, or hanging around while she's there. I'd wait till 10 to be sure.

It will cost you £75 to put in an N244, I think you need an N245 to suspend the warrant (£35) pending the outcome of your Form 4 complaint. Best to speak to the court manager, they will tell you what form you need.

Ell

Be careful! most court offices don't open till 10 am - the bailiff's office will be open earlier (sometimes 8.30) and you don't want to run into the bailiff you're complaining about, or hanging around while she's there. I'd wait till 10 to be sure.

It will cost you £75 to put in an N244, I think you need an N245 to suspend the warrant (£35) pending the outcome of your Form 4 complaint. Best to speak to the court manager, they will tell you what form you need.

Ell

N244 if you dispute the debt N245 if you dispute the bailiff fees

but if you are not working take proof IE JSA or any other benefits and you can fill in a hardship form that you can get from the court and it wont cost anything.

Edited by lets fight bailiffs

You don't have to fill in both an N244 and N245. The N244 is to ask for a set aside - giving your reasons i.e. didn't get court papers, the debt is not yours etc.

The N245 is a form to suspend a warrant.

What have you put in Q.10 of the N244, also in Q. 3 to 9 ?

hi ell

q10 the evidence set out in box - i have written in her that i know nothing about the debt and have requested sar etc to the company

q3 -set aside the order

q4 - yes but not sure why

q5 -a tel hearing

q6 - left blank

q7 - left blank

q8 - left blank

q9 - claimant

is this ok