You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thanks for your replies - sorry I don't know how to reply to individuals.   I have just had it confirmed on the phone to me today that they reported missed payment to the CRA and the response was supposedly sent via mail which I never received hence them sending me the copy via email today.  That is the reason I thought I couldn't complain to FOS.  I do owe the money that is on the account and stupidly agreed to pay which I can't get out of now.
    • Hi ericsbrother,   Will certainly take pictures around the site and everywhere related to the area in a few days time.    A year ago, it was completely free and I have been coming down this place for years before Minster took over the land. I would even pick up the rubbish if there was any, due to wildlife and a swans nest nearby.   Probably irrelevant in my defence but last time I was there, the bins were overfilled and there was rubbish blowing around the car park so they're certainly not maintaining the place.    Kal
    • I wonder if this idea is really generally applicable. Although I don't have immediately to hand any examples of where statute must be invoked in order to confer rights, it is certainly possible to exclude rights by reference to them in a contract – and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 springs to mind where you can exclude the rights of a third party to bring an action on a contract by specific reference within the contract
    • This is not correct.    Insurers have had a statutory right under the Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012 (Schedule 1,  paragraphs 7 and 8 ) to proportionately reduce a claim where there has been "careless misrepresentation" by the insured. As it's a statutory right it does not have to appear in the insurance policy (and if it did appear it wouldn't be in the 'average clause' - that's not what average in insurance means). Insurers might choose to reference their right in the policy but they don't have to.
    • so allow July's to go through then cancel the DD and pay your leaving bill by another method. It is not about agreement, I wuldnt stay with a company that behaved like that once, let alone every month. Leave and fairly soon you wont regret it as thy are going to go bust like most of the small outfits but sooner.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3917 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Not been on her in a while, but i am shocked at what just happend

I have had a letter last week asking for a debt in the amount of £890 from a Cyclone Asset Mgmt. I have a CCJ for the debt which i amy add is or was for £126 its been sold on and on.

I had a warrant to levy good as i apparetly was not paying my debt back as the northampton cout had ordered> I never had these letters court papers?

I have done a bit of digging into Cyclone and they are very under-handed and not a very nice company, i have been writing to Cyclone as i cannot find a tel. number for them, and the court stating that i am not paying the amount they want, until i know what it is for and the original amount and the charges.

Anyway getting to the point the baliff from my local court just turned up? at this time of night...telling me to get a set the judgment aside form and apply asap, they are due to call tomorrow with a van to take goods from my house??? i asked if she was still callaing and she would not say?

what can i do, i have not got the money for the judgment and also i cannot get to my court?

help

the fees are way too high go to the court first thing and have it set aside

them you want a full list of fees and the amount of the said debt before it went to court if you are working then it is £50 but if you are not it is free if you have no joy because the fees are so high i would send in a form 4 you can also get this from the court.

Hope this helps...

• Haha 1

Hi all

I have had a letter last week asking for a debt in the amount of £890 from a Cyclone Asset Mgmt. I have a CCJ for the debt which i amy add is or was for £126 its been sold on and on.

I had a warrant to levy good as i apparetly was not paying my debt back as the northampton cout had ordered> I never had these letters court papers?

I have done a bit of digging into Cyclone and they are very under-handed and not a very nice company, i have been writing to Cyclone as i cannot find a tel. number for them, and the court stating that i am not paying the amount they want, until i know what it is for and the original amount and the charges.

Anyway getting to the point the baliff from my local court just turned up? at this time of night...telling me to get a set the judgment aside form and apply asap, they are due to call tomorrow with a van to take goods from my house??? i asked if she was still callaing and she would not say?

what can i do, i have not got the money for the judgment and also i cannot get to my court?

help

and sorry to say this they come to your house up till 9pm

Hi all

help

The County Clourt bailiff was being very helpful in correctly advsing you to apply to set aside the CCJ.

You will need to complete an N244. there is a fee to pay.

thanks for the info i just don't have the money yet? what would you do?

thanks for the info i just don't have the money yet? what would you do?

are you working and why can you not get to a court...

hi all

i'm back again looking for help got in today had 1 letter sent via post asking me to pay the £77.25 agreed via court hearing that i knew nothing about by 29th August and another letter by hand from baliff of court stating pay the £77.25 by the 24th and underlined in areas with a red pen and wording changed on the hand deliverd one saying i will go to a womens prison at eastwood park for 14 days if i do not pay by the 24th

what the hell is this all about threats to go to prison for a catalogue debt???? am i going nuts or is this the case, god i may as well top myself now

can someone please help me what can i do if i get the money to pay the £77.25 i am admitting the debt and i don't

the bailiff has just broken the law it is not criminal not paying debt and i would talk to the court and inform them what the bailiff has written.

and also inform them that you have not received the court order informing you that you should pay and remember DONT let them in and i would also talk to the OFT with regards to the bailiff and his actions as they are very misleading

Hi

and thanks for the info i am so upset i have never broken the law, and this letter is just awful the court bailiff is not a very nice woman, so what she has done is against the law then? i cannot believe it.......

:mad: Take a copy of that letter - and then take it to the court, ask to see the court manager and make a complaint about the content, ask for a Form 4 (official complaint about a bailiff) and come back on here and we will tell you how to fill in the form.

That is outrageous you cannot go to prison for debts.

Ell

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

As I and Ell have said you CAN NOT be sent to prison what so ever, at all, if a form 4 was sent to the court the bailiff should be struck off because that as she well knows is not the case.

PS please do as Ell-enn has advised above and the court manager should put a stop to that bailiff right away.

hi all

thanks you all so much the problem i have is that the bailiff that sent/posted the letter is the court manager, she is the main bailiff?

I have not slept at all last night i am so upset and frightend by all this...

She may be the head bailiff (bailiff's office) but there will be a court office manager.

send me a PM with which court it is

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

she may be the main bailiff but will not be the court manager you need to file a form 4 that is the only way to put a complaint direct to the court about a bailiff what she has told you about going to prison is wrong and out of order.

hi all

feeling a little better today after all the help on here but nervous about tomorrow, want to get there for 9am on the dot, when they open....i have found a form 4 on the HMCS website, shall i just state about the letters in there? not sure what else i can put on there? also is it a N245 i need to stop the case until i get all the SAR info i have requested? thanks in advance

N244 to have the judgment set aside, also take a copy of the letter with regards to prison and send that with the form 4

thanks Lets just finished it hope it will be accepted

No probs,

you will be fine i'm sure.

click the scales if i have given and advice that helps thanks.

LFB,

hi all

feeling a little better today after all the help on here but nervous about tomorrow, want to get there for 9am on the dot, when they open....i have found a form 4 on the HMCS website, shall i just state about the letters in there? not sure what else i can put on there? also is it a N245 i need to stop the case until i get all the SAR info i have requested? thanks in advance

Be careful! most court offices don't open till 10 am - the bailiff's office will be open earlier (sometimes 8.30) and you don't want to run into the bailiff you're complaining about, or hanging around while she's there. I'd wait till 10 to be sure.

It will cost you £75 to put in an N244, I think you need an N245 to suspend the warrant (£35) pending the outcome of your Form 4 complaint. Best to speak to the court manager, they will tell you what form you need.

Ell

Be careful! most court offices don't open till 10 am - the bailiff's office will be open earlier (sometimes 8.30) and you don't want to run into the bailiff you're complaining about, or hanging around while she's there. I'd wait till 10 to be sure.

It will cost you £75 to put in an N244, I think you need an N245 to suspend the warrant (£35) pending the outcome of your Form 4 complaint. Best to speak to the court manager, they will tell you what form you need.

Ell

N244 if you dispute the debt N245 if you dispute the bailiff fees

but if you are not working take proof IE JSA or any other benefits and you can fill in a hardship form that you can get from the court and it wont cost anything.

Edited by lets fight bailiffs

oh thanks Ell for the info i'll leave it until 10am then i think, i really do not want to see her. I have completed the N244 form with all the letters etc, i did not realise i had to complete a N245 as well... ?

You don't have to fill in both an N244 and N245. The N244 is to ask for a set aside - giving your reasons i.e. didn't get court papers, the debt is not yours etc.

The N245 is a form to suspend a warrant.

What have you put in Q.10 of the N244, also in Q. 3 to 9 ?

hi ell

q10 the evidence set out in box - i have written in her that i know nothing about the debt and have requested sar etc to the company

q3 -set aside the order

q4 - yes but not sure why

q5 -a tel hearing

q6 - left blank

q7 - left blank

q8 - left blank

q9 - claimant

is this ok