Parking fine - 2007 - now wanting £300??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can help please, i had a visit today fro a guy wanting £300 for a parking fine.

I honestly had no communication from the council and received a letter from Philips the other week trying to claim this money. I have working away so did not get the chance to reply, until this guy turned up today.

I honestly did not get any communication from the council, upon phoning them they advised two letters were sent back in 2007 (when the fine was from).

I am quite scared as he says he can take my car or issue a warrant for my arresst!

Can anyone help please?...thanks

No it won't, and you are still at risk of having your car clamped until you get that forms witnessed, signed, and back to TEC - so you need to get on the case ASAP.

Once TEC have the forms, they will notify the local authority who will put the matter on hold while your papers are considered. Be as clear as you can about being away and not getting paperwork.

It's not guaranteed to succeed, but it's the only way you can challenge this.

thank you, this is being done first thing monday morning, i'll send straight over the TEC and the council. will the baliff take this laying down? or will i be kneecapped ;)

thank you, this is being done first thing monday morning, i'll send straight over the TEC and the council. will the baliff take this laying down? or will i be kneecapped ;)

well you may not be kneecapped over the weekend, but you may be clamped! Have you got the car well hidden off the road and nowhere where the bailiff can cause mischief with his clamp?