Argos/Cabot - Which way next please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

emmm Just had a power cut??/

Sounds like Cabot are trying to find

that Euromillions win you had:madgrin:.

You could write to Cabots data Controller

IF You feel the searches are unfair.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, kind Sir.

I'm not too bothered whilst I'm struggling to get info from Argos, just wanted to know so I can keep an eye on them. If they do another within 28 days, then I'll get on to them.

If they do find my Euromillions win I'll treat all their staff to a party in the Caribbean as a finders fee cos I've been looking for it for years :lol:

Cheers

Up2

Quick update -

15 minutes after sending an email and complaint form to ICO regarding Argos failing to comply, Argos have sent me an email apologising for not sending my SAR in time and it's on its way - sods law or the ICO are amazing at their job :lol:

Will let you know what information comes back

Up2

sods law or the ICO are amazing at their job :lol:

I'd put all my eggs in the sod's law basket :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 month later...

Morning all,

Quick update on this.

Have received my SAR, and have requested mis-sold PPI and charges. Have had standard 'we are looking into it' letter regarding PPI. Nothing yet on charges so will be sending lba on Monday.

Two weeks ago I received a discount letter from Cabot. Ignored that one but now have had a letter from Ruthbridge threatening all the usual - CCJ, attachment of earnings, charging order.

Do I write to Ruth and let them know about the PPI and charges I'm claiming? or sit and wait and see what their next move is?

Advice as always gratefully received

Thanks

Up2

Yes if it were me I would write and tell them to go forth and multiply personally, the Account is in dispute simples !!!!!!!!!! and yes tell them that you are reclaiming PPI and illegal charges depending on how much you owe they could be sending you a little cheque in the post. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Hi HH,

Thanks for your reply!

My first thought was to send one, but thought it best to seek advice first. I will get a letter drafted up and posted over the weekend.

Cheers mate

Up2

Yes it has been done succesfullly but I cannot find a link

to the case, it was a landmark judgement.

No doubt someone will have it and post it up for you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They're quite an interesting read.

Am in the process of suing BC, MBNA, Argos for unfair charges, all that came about through illness and mis-sold PPI that they wouldn't let me claim on.

Tempted to add to my court bundle (BC only at the moment) about the distress I received through the harassment by them and 1st credit. which caused me to take an overdose to escape it all.

Have found CAG since and am a bit more hardheaded when it comes to intimidation, but still it is food for thought

Up2

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

Could somebody please advise me on my next step with this please.

Just to re-cap, PPI claim with Argos, they've asked for a further 4 weeks to look into it. Have sent lba regarding charges. Past 6 weeks I've had a threatening letter, discount offer and external agency recovery notification from Cabot, and a letter from Ruthbridge with all the usual gumph.

I sent a letter to Ruthbridge advising of PPI claim and charges, they have responded with:

With regards to the matter of the mis-selling of PPI, this dispute is not something our client has been previously made aware of and they have advised that such a claim would need to be directed to the original vendor, in this case being Argos card services Ltd.

Under our clients instruction we would advise you to contact us in order to reach an amicable solution towards the repayment of the outstanding amount.

How should I reply to this? Or should I ignore and see what they do next. If they issue court papers will I be able to dispute on the grounds of the PPI?

As always appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Up2

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all,

I have received another letter from Argos saying that they are still investigating and hope to provide a final response within 30 days.

Their letter goes on to say:

We would like to remind you that the FoS do not have any jurisdiction in relation to insurance taken out prior to 14th Jan 2005 so I am unable to offer you FoS referral rights.

Is this right?

I'm still getting letters and phone calls from Cabot and now Ruthbridge in regard to this debt, (phone calls ignored obviously) but it's starting to get a bit tedious. Does anyone please have a good letter to fire off to them whilst I wait for Argos to deal with this?

Many thanks

Up2

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

So, the further 30 days they wanted to investigate are now up and I'm a bit stuck as to what I should do next?

As mentioned in post #66 their letter said - We would like to remind you that the fos do not have any jurisdiction in relation to insurance taken out prior to 14th Jan 2005 so I am unable to offer you FoS referral rights.

How's best to move forward with this please?

Many thanks in advance and as always your thoughts are appreciated.

Up2

p.s. On the up side Cabot and Ruthbridge have gone quiet

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

I have finally received a response from Argos and they are upholding my complaint. (Despite informing me how they are confident I was presented with all relevant info and it was explained clearly as they have rigorous processes in place :lol:) However, Their calculations differ greatly from mine. They have calculated interest as follows.

APR up to and including XX/07/07 25.9% (the account was opened at the tail end of 2002)

APR from xx/7/07 to xx/09/10 27.9%

APR from 9/10 to date 29.9%

Grand total of £17.11

Could Ims or somebody check this for me please.

They also say that the refund will be sent to Cabot to come off of the account!!

Grateful for your expertise help.

Up2