Cap1 PENALTY charges + Default Claim **WON** and Default Removed !!!

drob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several months ago i started the ball rolling to reclaim charges that Capital One had added to my account. I sent them a request for payment and then a letter before action, unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances i didn't get as far as issuing a county court claim.

1. If i want to start the ball rolling again would i have to start again and issue a request for payment and then another Letter Before Action?

2. Is it worth going down the F.O.S road rather than the county court?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, drob.

I'd file at Court, Cap1 paid out just last week after receiving court papers.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

On 29th June i sent a request to Capital One asking them to refund charges that they have levied from my account over the past 4 years.

Today i recieved a reply from Capital One stating that the signature i have provided does not match the signature on their records and under the Data Protection Act they cannot forward any information regarding my account.

They have asked me to send my request again, enclosing an example of my signature that matches their records.

• What has signature got to do with asking for a refund of charges?

Send the idiots this;

Dear Sir,

You have stipulated that you require proof of my identity/signature before you comply with my SAR, may I bring the following to your attention;

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

Suffice to say that if the Information Commissioners Office are satisfied that if you have previously corresponded with me at this address then it is reasonable that I am the person I say I am, therefore there is no leglislation nor guidelines that you can hide behind in an attempt to avoid fullfilling my legal request.

If you still fail to comply to my legal request, I will have no other option than to complain to the Information Commissioners Office & if my complaint is upheld you will be liable to a £5000 fine.

Yours,

Print name do not sign.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8861&d=1242456802

If they continue to play silly beggers make a complaint to the ICO

https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Hi cerberusalert ...... thanks for your prompt reply. I am not requesting a SAR. I have already received my SAR.

I am asking them to refund unfair charges, shall i just adapt your letter? I have already complained to the ICO as they sent my SAR to a third party before sending it to me!!!

Thanks cerberusalert ............. letter is in the post. I have also added to the letter that my timescales for Cap1 to respond to my request for a refund of charges remains the same.

• 4 weeks later...

I am about to reclaim charges and ask for a default to be removed. Im ok with the POC but need help with the following ....

1) What do i put in Brief Details of Claim space?

2) What do i put in the Value space

3) How many copies of the POC do include with the N1

Hi Drob,

There is a full guide to filling in a Cap1 N1 here :-

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/120-zootscoot

It's towards the bottom of a quite a long list !!

You will need three copys of your N1 and SOC, one for the court, one for Cap1 and one the court will return to you.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have read the full guide, unfortunately it only deals with the POC.

On the first page of the N1 form their are 2 spaces for brief details for a)Brief Details of Claim b) Value of claim. Im unsure what to put in these spaces.

Morning Drob,

Brief Details of Claim

Money claim for return of Credit card charges and associated interest charges applied to the Claimants account by the Defendant. Removal of a Default.

Charges.

Charges £xxx.xx

Associated overdraft interest charges £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Hope this helps,

Lex

Edited by Mr lex
Forgot about the default !!

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yep Drob, N1 everytime :)

Some MCOL claims are getting stayed by some courts in the mistaken belief that they are bank charge claims.

We'll keep FOS in reserve ;)

Lex

• Haha 1

&

Thats right Drob,

Take all three copies to the court. One will go to Cap1, the court will keep one and you will get yours sent back with your case number on.

Lex

&

errmm, no, not quite. Not very good at 'sums' are they ? :D

&

Just 1 more question Mr Lex. I have read that i should also be claiming for the £12 charges even though that Cap1 think that the £12 charges are proportionate

Thats right Drob,

Claim for the lot, it's up to them to prove whats a fair charge, which of caurse, they cant.

Lex

&

Wherabouts do i put my little bit about removing the default in mt POC???

and

What are the daily interest rates??? The daily rate is worked out by Total Charges x 0.00022 is this correct??

Edited by drob

I am about to submit a claim for £212 and i am a bit stuck when you come to calculate a daily rate until judgement

Total Charges x 0.00022 is this correct??

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifforumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

My claim is for £212.00 so is the following statement correct

(2) Interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of payment of the Charge to date in the sum of £46.29 and at the daily rate of 0.04% until judgment or sooner payment.

I believe it should read:

(2) Interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of payment of the Charge to date in the sum of £46.29 and at the daily rate of £0.046 until judgment or sooner payment.

x20

• Haha 1

Wherabouts do i put my little bit about removing the default in mt POC???

and

What are the daily interest rates??? The daily rate is worked out by Total Charges x 0.00022 is this correct??

At the end in the "claimant claims" section

eg:

Claimant claims:

(a) redress in the sum of £X,XXXX or whatever the Court deems just.

(b) Redress in the form of payment of the compounded contractual interest of £X,XXX in Restitution.

© Court fee: £85

(d) Removal of incorrect adverse account status data from third-party data controllers including, but not limited to, Experian, Equifax and Callcredit.

S.