Fredrickson International and Arrow Global LLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am a newbie here but would really appreciate some advise.

In July 2008 I received a letter regarding a personal matter from mackenzie hall, I rang them (sorry I now know I should not have done) and was told it was for a debt of £333 from a phone contract from Orange dating back to November 2004 - I did have a couple of contracts with them but cancelled them in July 2004 when I took a new contract out with 3. The chap at mackenzie hall asked me how I wanted to pay - I said I didnt and that I didnt have a debt with Orange he told me they would take me to court I said bye and ended the call. I then had a look on here and wrote them a letter asking for a CCA and didnt hear anything from them again.

A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from Fredericks International their client Arrow Global LLC saying that they wanted payment, I put the letter to one side and a couple of days ago received another letter from them headed LETTER BEFORE ACTION saying that I have seven days or they will take action and it may be nesessary to issue proceedings in the county court.

What should I do?

Should I send them a letter asking for the CCA?

Last night they rang the house and I missed the call - my hubby is worried that they are gonna send a chap round knocking on the door.

Thank you in advance for any advise

• 5 weeks later...

Good afternoon all you wonderful people.

I sent the letter as advised to Fredrickson International Ltd, and I have now received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors saying the same thing about taking me to court as the last letter I received from Fredricksons.

Apart from they are asking me if I dispute the debt - which I do, the want me to give my reasons in writing and supply supporting documents.

Could you please advise me what letter to send now? And do I send the letter to the sols or to Fredricksons, the other thing is its says i only have 7 days to respond, and by the time they get a letter due to the bank holiday that time will have passed.

Thanks you

You Are Not A Cagger Until You Have Had The Pleasure Of Mr Carter

I To Had An Orange Debt Flogged For Eight Years Between Variouse Dca And Then Carter.

Carter Is The Pitts And Gives Solicitors A Bad Name.

He Is Nothing More Than The Dca Pet Monkey.

They Have To Prove The Debt, Not You

You Dont Give Them Your Defence In Advance, Do You.

There Is A Template For You To Send Carter And Fredricksons

Ill Dig It Out

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

I sent the letter to Bryan Carter as advised and the confirmed they they would get the proof and send it off to me.

Now this morning I have had a letter from Bryan Carter Sols with a Statement of Account from Orange. It says the balance is £333.95 from March 05. I did have 2 orange contracts but cancelled them both at the same time in July 04 - but cause it has not got a mobile phone number on it I cant even check which phone was not cancelled, or even it both were not cancelled.

Really dont know what to do now, please help!! Bit scared of dealing with a sols really. Not as confident with them as I am with a Finance company or DCA

Thanks

Don't bother your water about Carter - he doesn't know what he is talking about. Sending a statement pertaining to an alleged debt dated long after you closed your accounts doesn't prove the alleged debt is yours and doesn't prove he has any lawful right to ask you for payment. Tell him this is not your account and unless he can prove otherwise he can Carter off.

I think with this one you need to be specific.

1) You did not have any accounts with the mobile phone company in March 2005 and do not acknowledge any debt in connection with this alleged account.

2) Pursuing you for an alleged debt which is not yours is a breach of OFT guidelines and the Consumer Protection Against Unfair Trading Act 2008.

3) As they have been unable to prove this alleged debt is yours, you trust this is the end of the matter.

4) If there is anything about your letter they do not understand they should seek legal advice.

Send it to their Complaints Department, mark it at the bottom "Cc The Office of Fair Trading Consumer Credit Licence Fitness Department" and send a copy to the OFT at this address:

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Every report to the OFT is another nail in Carter's coffin.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys

I have not heard anything regards to this matter since I sent the letter to Brian Carter as advised to by Pinky.

This morning I have received a FINAL NOTICE. It says that this matter will be referred for court proceedings in 10 days if payment is not received, and court costs and interest will be added.

What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance for your great help

Ignore them - they are digging stuff out of their mothball cupboard because no one is paying them. They haven't produced a scrap of paper to support their claim and if they could have taken you to court they would have done so months ago. Bryan Carter might raise a vexatious action but if he does it will be easily defended and you can hammer him for costs.

This has been going on for about a year with threats to go to court, but yet still no evidence supplied to you to prove the debt exists.

This debt will become statute barred later this year, so they will increase their pressure on you. But it will probably be just letters and phone calls, with no court forms.

You could start a complaint against Orange about the debt and threaten to ask the relevant regulator to look into the matter. Debt companies are not allowed per OFT guidelines to continue collection activity, while an account is in dispute. You could start the complaint process and advise Bryan Carter of this course of action, if this made your happier. This course of action, could delay matters and help you, while you fight out off any actions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again - sorry to be bothering you all again

Had another letter from Bryan Carter today and it goes like this

We have been instructed by our above named clients to recover this outstanding debt from you and have written to you on previous occasions without having had a satisfactory response.

This time however is different. You must contact us immediately on receipt of this letter as if you fail to do so we have firm instructions from out client to issue legal proceedings against you with giving any further warning.

Please do not take the risk of ignoring this letter as it will only mean that the amount you owe will increase when proceedings are issued and legal fees are added to the debt. A county Court Judgment will also affect you ability to obtain credit in the future.

Act quickly to prevent this happening by telephoning us.

The letter is addressed Dear Sir/Madam

Now im not going to telephone them (not that daft)

I was going to write to Orange but dont have any old telephone bills from them with account numbers on or anything.

But do you guys have any advise please?

Thank you!!!!

A last desperate bid to get money before any liability becomes statute barred methinks.

I suggest writing back repeating the statements from pinky's post #11 above

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi All

I thought I would give you a quick update. I wrote to Bryan Carter with a repeat letter of Pinky69 post 11, and they have sent me a letter saying they are no longer instructed and the balance is nil.

Good news - might go to a new DCA but we will see.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all your help x