Old E.ON bill, i need some advice!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding bill of £221 for eon from last year. I am a student and was sharing a house last year but cannot contact the other people any more to split the cost and i cant afford to pay this on my own in one go. The bill is in my name, although the address is of our old rented house address. I know one person who is in the house i was in last year, and they say there are a couple of letters threatening court action or baylifts. Im sure they have my number but i havent heard anything for a while. I need to know what will happen if i continue to leave this, i havent heard from them im sure their are more letters but they will be at the old address. And if i must pay this at some point, will there be anyway of setting up a payment plan even if it is no longer in E-ons hands and is with debt collectors?

Thanks. I'm wondering what will happen if i just leave this? Its in my name but they dont have any other of my details. Could it get written off? Or will it go on my credit rating as ccj or something? I will try and pay this as and when i can, just think its a bit unfair for me to pay a bill for 6 people just because it was in my name.

It will be passed to a DCA who will do a trace if they cannot locate you from the billing address unfortunately. Whilst it is unfair that you would be the one they will chase for the balance, unless they were informed that other people should have been on the bill, it will just be a third party dispute to them and they will just go for the account holder. It will affect your credit file too. As Nottlad suggests, I would call them and make a payment arrangement if you can. The fact it has been left so long, I would imagine it has already gone to a DCA who should be more flexible with the payment arrangements.