style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all not sure if ive done right starting another thread, but on using the online check facility to find out if my new friend ;) from Equita is certified it would appear hes not on the registar, when i rang 0203 346355 they confirmed that a hearing was set for the 4th June this year but as yet haven't heard from the court.

The court in question say the person that deals with it isn't in after 12 noon so i'll have to ring back in a morning! Does this sound right?

Also what constitutes a Visit from the bailiff ie one that actually does result in a charge be it 24.50 or 18.00 for a second visit. Do they have to put something through the letterbox to say that they have been or do i have to take there word for it?

Do visits to a property that i didn't live at count? CT bill is for a property i left over 18mths ago?

Thanks in advance :)

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

Hi all not sure if Ive done right starting another thread, but on using the online check facility to find out if my new friend :wink: from Equita is certified it would appear hes not on the registar, when i rang 0203 346355 they confirmed that a hearing was set for the 4th June this year but as yet haven't heard from the court.

then he should not be working as a bailiff therefore he cannot charge visit fees or levy on goods

Also what constitutes a Visit from the bailiff ie one that actually does result in a charge be it 24.50 or 18.00 for a second visit. Do they have to put something through the letterbox to say that they have been or do i have to take there word for it

they are supposed to leave a hand delivered letter telling you they have been

Do visits to a property that i didn't live at count? CT bill is for a property i left over 18mths ago

if the council have your new address and gave the bailiff the wrong address then you should not be charged for this visit

The fault is very likely to be with the Court as they have probably not undated HMCS with the details.

What you can do is send a TEXT to the bailiff to say to him that you have conducted a search and that his name does not appear and can he confirm the date and court that granted his certificate.

The bailiff MUST provide a letter to confirm that he or she has visited.

So if the bailiff says they levied months ago on a vehicle that wasn't mine and i have no notice of seizure/levy form and the only correspondance i have from them is the hand posted "we called with the intention of removing" standard letter with a figure on it and then a levy form the week later stating goods in my garage withe the same figure surley this would be a case of the bailiff cheating me with their fees?

Don't have access to a scanner to put these notices on sorry. :(

The goods in the gagrage were also not mine as its a rented property is there not something that means the levy is invalid anyway?

Thanks once again for all your help. :)

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

you need a screenshot of your account

the bailiff cant add a levy fee without leaving a walking possession agreement

lets say he added a levy fee on 1st June and demanded payment for xxx amount which includes the levy fee and the levy is done on 1st July then he has been charging you for work not yet done (levy)

the walking possession agreement must be left at the property at the time of the levy not weeks after it

5) The person levying distress on behalf of an authority shall carry with him the written authorisation of the authority, which he shall show to the debtor if so requested; and he shall hand to the debtor or leave at the premises where the distress is levied a copy of this regulation and Schedule 5 and a memorandum setting out the appropriate amount, and shall hand to the debtor a copy of any close or walking possession agreement entered into.

A screenshot is that the subject access request? can someone help me with the wording. As this particular account is still live ive got a few hundred according to them to pay and i don't have a written payment plan in force am i best to just carry on paying till its clear then try and claim any over paid monies or do i rock the boat first?

Bit wary of the latter, as i started paying after they rang threatening to clear out my garage and said we don't care about the lock youve put on we'll chop it off. This was after they had left the WPO through my letter box.

Carry on paying for now or rock the boat?

carry on paying for now the bailiff has levied on a car

regardless of whether that car is yours or not its still got a levy on it (better to be safe that sorry) the bailiff also knows that a D V L A check will prove that the car is not yours but he is still using the car levy as a bargaining tool to get payment and increase his fees

a screenshot is not a subject access request its a copy of the computer screen bailiffs use some kind of electronic system

after any actions by them visit /levy they put the info into the machine and it updates your account on the office computer immediately

so it gives the time / date action taken and charges added

The vehicle in question was a company van that i used to use it has since been scrapped and no longer exisits surely they can only enforce a vehicle levy and take something that is actually there?

Although nothing surprises me with these people.

How do i obtain a screenshot of my accounts then? :???::-D

write to the bailiffs company asking them for a screenshot of your account

don't expect it to be sent just like that but you have to request it before you can officially complain to the council or court that they are refusing to give you a copy

send letter recored deliver and also ask for it by e-mail

Thanks hallowitch i will right to them and ask for a screenshot the account with rossendales will be clear in the next two weeks anyway. Following your advice i think i'll get them paid up before i start to claim unlawful charges and the rest.

My other reluctance to wind them up is the lack of written payment schedule and ive now found out that the council have passed this years CT bill to them.

As my garage now has a huge locked bolt on it they cant gain peaceful entry this time but im worried they may break in on the unsigned WPO from last years until its cleared in two weeks. Can they do this?:-?

As my garage now has a huge locked bolt on it they cant gain peaceful entry this time but I'm worried they may break in on the unsigned WPO from last years until its cleared in two weeks. Can they do this?:confused:

have you sent them a copy of the H P agreement ?

have you sent the council a copy of this H P agreement

have you complained to the council about this

they cant use this walking possession order against another years council they have to start again

Sorry made the last post a bit confusing i don't keep a car in the garage, i do use one although it is on HP and reistered to the girlfriend.

The only things in the garage are tools and other bits and bobs belonging to my landlord.

So they cant break in, in order to levy on this years bill if the notice of seizure and inventory is for last years is that correct?

Thanks again Hallowitch don't mean to confuse anybody the original post about certification was regarding my hassles with Equita and the supposed levy on the car is from them.

The garage entry is with rossendales it never rains but it pours.