style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Some advise is needed.

My partner and I signed up to EDF 3 months ago as we were not happy paying the high rates on NPower prepayment meter. EDF said they would give us a quarterly bill, I explained the landlord wanted a key / token meter as when we move out; they want tenants on DSS moved in and thus a key meter would be easier for them.

I emailed this to EDF and they advised me to continue to use my payment meter, which I have done. Imagine my suprise when I had a bill off of EDF for £156 yesterday. I have contacted NPower who have non of the payments I make on this meter as I no longer deal with them, I am now worried where the money I have topped up on this meter has been going.

I have already mailed a complaint and a copy of the email from EDF sent advising me to keep using my meter.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bearington.

so the meter was not exchanged then?

sounds like a simple case of your meter number not being linked to your customer number.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

They didn't change the meter - should they have done?

sorry

you say prepayment meter - those are normally key/card.

you cant have quarterly billing with one of those meters.........confused.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

EDF should have sent you a new key or reference number for buying payment cards. Otherwise all of the payments will be going to your old supplier N Power, instead of EDF

EDF should have sent you a new key or reference number for buying payment cards. Otherwise all of the payments will be going to your old supplier N Power, instead of EDF

See, that makes sense and helpfully, EDF haven't supplied anything other than the advice to keep using my old top up key. NPower have said they aren't getting any of these payments as my account with them was closed 3 months ago.

I refuse to pay again for electric when I have already done so.

Success.

Had an email today admitting the mistake and they've amended my details to show a payment meter rather than a bill.

Huzzah!