You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

DevilWearsPrimark

My TDS judgement came by post today and I have a question...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3997 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So, there were two defendants in my recent TDS case - LA, and LL.

Got a copy of the order in the post today and there is a letter addressed to me, which states that "there be judgement for the claimant against both defendants in the sum of £1800 payable by..."

Then there are copies of the order sent to LA, and the order sent to LL. They have each been sent an order in their own name, requesting they personally pay me £1800 within 14 days.

I understood they had to pay £1800 between them - is that right? Or do the two orders mean they have to pay that sum each?

No. It means you can enforce a claim for £1800 against either of them but not both of them.

I remmember you saing that no one turned up? I suspect that they will be both apply to have the judgement set aside with various excuses! hopefully not! I always think people not turning up at court is worse than losing sometimes!

Right, thats what I thought. Thanks.

No-one turned up except me. But LA sent a letter to the court saying he couldn't be there (but no reason good enough to have the hearing moved) and LL is in Japan and not contactable except c/o LA. Will be enforcing against LA if no payment is made within the 14 days.

Can LA still apply to have it set aside then? He filed defence, turned up to directions hearing, and knew when the final hearing was - he just didn't want to come. I thought you needed good reason to have it set aside?

Edited by DevilWearsPrimark