You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

brent100

Cannot pay mortgage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We have agreed reduced payments with our mortgage lender for the past 6 months as we just cannot afford our full payment. We have kep tothe agreement thus far. The payment is due on the last day of each month.

We have just been offered a council house and have accepted it, however it needs some work doing on the interior before we can move in. This could be 4-6 weeks.

We could really do with not paying our mortgage this time and keeping the money for the rent. If we do not pay this month can the mortgage company get us out within the next 6 weeks as we will then be in arrears?

Any advice here would be appreciated

Regards

Hi i'm not an expert but i am a repossesee. Before anyone can get you out they have to take you to court.This can take some time, which also depends how busy the courts are. It was 5 months after i was taken to court and repossed before I officially had to leave. But by saying that, my mortgage company kept asking me if i had the money they would stop the repossion.

If you are moving to your council place why r you bothering to pay the mortgage. By the time you decorate the coucil place and move in you would have sold your property and things should fall in place.

Go for it you have a council place so it is not like you are going to be homeless. Even if you have made an agreement it can be a little while before you are asked to leave.

The lesson I learnt was that I was doing my best to hold onto my flat which i bought through hard work. My mortgage company SPML are very unreasonable. But as soon as I said to myself let go of everything, your mind becomes clear and you can move forward. I learnt that lesson a bit too late.

Dont stress and your mind will become clear and you can think ahead. Its not easy but you must try.

Someone else might have had a better or worse experience than I have sooo....

Good luck and God Bless

Thank you for your kind words and advice Setoria. It is always helpful to hear from someone who has been there and come through it.

Thank you and good luck

I would agree with satoriea, however if they reposses because you cant sell, or the sale takes too long to go through then any shortfall will still be down to you to settle.

Also some mortgage firms will not allow a sale if arrears are evident.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)