You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Confused1980

Fredrickson International

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3987 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

I'm after some advice if at all possible.

I received a letter from Fredrickson saying that I owe Arrow Global LLC £407.98. I'd never heard of Arrow Global so I did some research and found out that they are affiliated with Orange. After a phone call to Fredrickson I found out that it was to do with a contract mobile phone taken out against my name in 2006. I haven't had an Orange contract phone since 2001 so obviously I am a bit confused. I asked for some more information on this like which address the phone was registered to etc. They couldn't provide this and said I should write a letter requesting this information. I have done this and haven't received anything back. I have just called them again and they then said they couldn't speak to me because the date of birth I supplied didn't match their records. I'm keen to get this issue tied up, paid off or whatever as this is probably stopping me from obtaining credit. I have checked my credit report and have found nothing on there with regard to this debt.

Any advice or help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds as if they have been phishing to find out whom the debt belongs to. If you didn't take out a contract in 2006 with Orange it is not your debt. There are no entries in your credit reports so your ability to get credit hasn't been affected. I wouldn't worry about it. If they write again it is just a case of sending a complaint to their Compalints Department reiterating that this is not your debt and you know nothing about it.

sound like a phising trip to me and they pulled your name out of a hat.

Simple write dont phone them they dont listen and demand their complaints procedure if they persist in processing your data without your permission, which of course you havent given them,

and if you have checked your credit file which shows no entry, which one have you checked?

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Thanks for all the helpful advice peeps. I checked my online report using creditexpert.co.uk.

Unfortunately checking your credit rating does tend to generate more letters of the type you have already received.

Really? How comes? I'm not really great with how the credit/finance side of life works to be honest.

It has been alledged that these CRA's and DCA's are hand in glove;)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Within 2 weeks of obtaining OH's credit file he was inundated with letters from DCA's.

Prior 5yrs not a peep.