• Tweets

• FINAL UPDATE.  I have not posted as the defence were reading the thread.  An agreement was reached on the day of the hearing.   I am unable to go into detail but for those in this position the forum has been priceless support and advice so thank you all in the site team.   for those going through this, follow the process, ignore intimidating tactics and threats and get to the Judge.  They are very supporting of those self representing.   I note her name has gone from the heading of the thread.  Was this them ?  Thanks again.  
    • I'm not sure what the "appeal" system asked but he said he definitely didn't indicate he was the driver so I'm just going to have to take his word for it. Honestly, I don't think the hirer will contact them. I think my brother will tolerate it. I did have a similar experience with another company 6-7 years ago and sought advice on here then to which you guys told me to ignore, I got the exact same DRP letters and then a "Gladstones Solicitor" letter.  After that nothing happened and it died away. Based on my experience with that I assumed the same would happen here but only asked to see if perhaps anything had changed since then.    Hopefully it doesn't get to court but if it did, I feel like we have enough evidence to sway a judge who probably hates dealing with this type of nonsense anyway. Or maybe I'm too optimistic. 
    • Your attachment showing the cinema parking restrictions seems crystal clear. Let's see what the photos turn up.
    • Meter certification periods re given in The Meters (Certification) Regulations 1998, Schedule 4. From there you can check if they are correct about your specific meter .. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/1566/schedule/4 If they're telling porkies then you have e clear grounds to tell them to take  hike. If they're correct or if you haven't been able to confirm then you have  few options. You could just keep fobbing them off. In general Octopus can't keep up with demand for smart meters. It took 9 months to get our. So they may not push too hard. Or ask if you can install your own choice of meter. The Electricity Act 1989 cover this in Schedule 7 (2) and (2A) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1989/29/schedule/7 Or fight the them and their enforcement. Or go off supply.
    • We received a copy of the completed Directions Questionnaire (N181) from the solicitors along with a draft copy of their directions. I am on a course today so can upload over the weekend if needed. By 4pm on 16th May both parties must each give standard disclosure of documents by way of list by category. By 4pm on 30th May any request for inspection or copies of docs must be made and compiled 14 days thereafter. I will provide more over the weekend.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone Legal Action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to show everyone that you can take on bullies like Vodafone and win, I got a judgment against Vodafone Ltd last month and now's the good part. Publicising their behaviour so that people in the same position can use it as evidence of their true nature. The details are on this site including the actual judgment:

Vodafone Ltd

• Haha 1

Thanks for that. I'm really please but worry how long I've got before they do something about shutting it up. But maybe I'm judging them too harshly. Only a bullying, wholely dishonest company would try to challenge a judgment won fairly and squarely in court, and that has already been paid, just because of the bad publicity I think?

What I dislike intensely is this 'Unpaid Debt Register' that somehow attempts to fool the reader that it is an official resource of such actions. It has the potential to do more damage to your campaign than simply explaining what they did. The narrative of the case is so blatantly one-sided as to be a joke, and I would believe it crosses the boundary of being 'fair comment'. If they find out about it, you may find yourself at the receiving end of another action - tread warily.

Thats Brilliant! Well done you!

I get fed up when I hear people down beat because they think they dont stand a chance against a big company. They mess up and its Joe Bloggs that suffers. Its really great to hear you stood up for what was right and most of all, won!

It is sad that it got to where it did, they should of just accepted that they had done wrong and put it right which would of saved them, and you from all the stress / grief etc.

Well done!

• Haha 1

You say it is so one siided it is a joke. It's no joke. Those are the facts. Sorry you are not able to see that. And I'm aware that if I don't print the facts I may be in trouble.

I don't thnk you do. What I read was a one-sided rendition of the winner's opinion, dressed up to look like a 'court report' on a VERY hookey 'Debt Register' website. Tell me more about this, are you not worried about the misrepresentation of a website that looks as though it is independent, yet is your private mouthpiece?

Is this discussion about the website or Vodafone? I've told you the facts and confirmed them And said I understand that if I don't print the facts I could be in trouble but you don't believe it. It may also interest you to know that Vodafone were warned about legal action in many phone conversation. It was sugested that they listen to the phone conversations that would have proved without doubt who was telling the truth. They ignored my requests both before and after legal action was started to listen to those recordings. Or at least maybe they did listen but they didn't take me up on the offer. But maybe you think that's one sided as well!

No it is your MISREPRESENDATION of your self-created 'Unpaid Debt Register'. What's that all about? You steadfastly ignore my comments that this is deceitful, and misrepresenting the information as a court report were it is nothing more than your opinion of your action, masquerading as a commercial site providing information on debtors. Vodafone may not be angels, but on the basis of this website, neither are you.

Fully agree with Buzby. Although from reading the OP's representation of the case it looks like Vodafone were the villians, quotes such as "Vodafone's solicitor and the District Judge also had a laugh." do not help give the impression that the 'case details' are to give an impartial overview of what happened.

Reply to Jacktheband

All parties, me, the judge, and Vodafone's solicitor, agreed that it was ridiculous, that after leaving Vodafone and starting the long laborious and stressful legal action, that during pre trial exchange of documents etc, that I should contact Vodafone to take up some £50 cash back offer on an account that didn't exist!!

Re Buzby's coments: I will be contacting the owners of this website to clarify a number of poiints.

Edited by abilitycom
Typo and to clarify.

Abilitycom,

Well done, I wish more people would stand up to these companies perhaps then we the consumer would be granted a little respect.

As always you will find those who would try to find fault with your success, but I am sure that you will not lose any sleep over it. Just put it down to sour grapes and perhaps a little envy.

Reading this, especially as it was VF, has made my day.

:) :) :)

• Haha 1

Thanks for that, I appreciate your comments.

After thinking about it overnight and clarification from this website I think maybe Buzby could have some kind of connection with communications companies like Vodafone? He uses their logo after all. Or maybe the fact that he's in a rage is that he has a number of bad debts he doesn't want people to find out about? Who knows?

Interesting though.. BT = Buzby does it not?. (If you are over a certain age.)

Yip, Judge, Jury, and Excecutioner as well. Self appointed expert on everthing.

I suspect that (apart from the next RANT in "CAPITAL LETTERS" again, in case I don't hear too well) he will be onto Vodafone as quick as you can say "What Beatie? Sorry that was your old name, Buzby!! You don't say (pal), yet another complaint you weant to refer to us. Great, well done wee man. Power to yer elbow! I'll put yer expenses claim in the day."

Better than working in a call centre!

But like he keeps saying, "Vodafone will be in contact!!!!"

Edited by abilitycom
Clarification and elaboration

Abilitycom,

Well done, I wish more people would stand up to these companies perhaps then we the consumer would be granted a little respect.

As always you will find those who would try to find fault with your success, but I am sure that you will not lose any sleep over it. Just put it down to sour grapes and perhaps a little envy.

Reading this, especially as it was VF, has made my day.

:) :) :)

Someone as experienced as Buzby warning someone else that making a website and posting just the claimants view of a court case may land them in hot water is sour grapes eh?

and abilitycom, buzby has helped 100's of people with their telecom troubles as he understands the legalities of contracts very well, aswell as the technology used within these. Ignore his advice if you like, he won't lose any sleep over it I'm sure.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Come on now adults! Stop acting like children.

This is what I like about the freedom of speech we have... people are free to create an account just to make a post like that one LOL

I feel my point is valid, not childish (If I offend you... meh :p). Buzby offered stellar advice for anyone who posts anything that is potentially libellous... Companies are paying big bucks for people to operate CRM software to spread web awareness. This software searches forums and social networking sites for mention of the specified company, and then they take action (be it help resolve the problems, or in the case of anything libellous / slanderous get it removed or even take further legal action)

We have a level of freedom of speech in this country, but we are ultimately responsible for what we say.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Someone as experienced as Buzby warning someone else that making a website and posting just the claimants view of a court case may land them in hot water is sour grapes eh?

As a newby here I am a little amused as to your remarks. Can I ask you what is Buzby experienced at? His qualifications are? This is NOT a personal 'pop' at Buzby as the bloke hasn't said a thing, just a response to the above quote.

Before I registered and posted for the first time here I have been logging on for some time and have taken a great interest in reading the threads and like many forums there is a small section of members that post regularly with opinions for just about everything. Fair enough if that is what they enjoy doing good luck to them, but their opinion is just that, their opinion. Are these people lawyers, techo experts, do they run telecoms or hitec companies? I respect people for posting their opinions or sharing their own experiences to help. If it was anything more they would have their own company web site and charge for their services!

I take my hat off to abilitycom for standing up to a company such as Vodafone, and even better he won. Why should he not be proud of his achievement? He has done what many of us wish we had the 'bottle' to do, me included. I hope his post gives others the courage to take on the networks in the courts, in the knowledge that we the consumer can come out on top. I hope he posts his victory on many other forums, I am sure he would get more support. As I posted, other than sour grapes or envy, I can't see why 'people' have chosed to try and find fault instead of supporting his action.

This is my opinion, from my own experiences.

Well done abilitycom

Edited by Brian1951

As a newby here I am a little amused as to your remarks. Can I ask you what is Buzby experienced at? His qualifications are? This is NOT a personal 'pop' at Buzby as the bloke hasn't said a thing, just a response to the above quote.

Before I registered and posted for the first time here I have been logging on for some time and have taken a great interest in reading the threads and like many forums there is a small section of members that post regularly with opinions for just about everything. Fair enough if that is what they enjoy doing good luck to them, but their opinion is just that, their opinion. Are these people lawyers, techo experts, do they run telecoms or hitec companies? I respect people for posting their opinions or sharing their own experiences to help. If it was anything more they would have their own company web site and charge for their services!

I take my hat off to abilitycom for standing up to a company such as Vodafone I agree with that sentiment, and even better he won. Why should he not be proud of his achievement? He has done what many of us wish we had the 'bottle' to do, me included. I hope his post gives others the courage to take on the networks in the courts, in the knowledge that we the consumer can come out on top. I hope he posts his victory on many other forums, I am sure he would get more support. As I posted, other than sour grapes or envy, I can't see why 'people' have chosed to try and find fault instead of supporting his action. Buzby has posted and been slated for (and now I'm being slated) expressing concern that the information is posted on a website that says 'Unpaid Debt Register' as the title (as though it is an official resource of unpaid debts)

This is my opinion, from my own experiences.

Well done abilitycom

In short, Well done abilitycom, but I think you should express caution with how you celebrate.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

@locutus,

'I take my hat off to abilitycom for standing up to a company such as Vodafone' - I agree with that sentiment.

I am pleased that we are all in agreement, at least we are all on the same side.

'Buzby has posted and been slated for (and now I'm being slated) expressing concern that the information is posted on a website that says 'Unpaid Debt Register' as the title (as though it is an official resource of unpaid debts)'

From where I sat I could justify why abilitycom responded to the posts the way he did, even I thought they were a little unfair after all he had gone through. 'Slated' would not be a word I would use to describe his response, perhaps he was a little bit 'angry' which is understandable.

I fail to see how telling the truth can cause any problems, the fact that the CC found in his favour says it all. The 'Unpaid Debt Register' was a stroke of genius, a bit tounge in cheek. If you read the full report you will note that Vodafone were late with the judgement payment only drawing the cheque the day after it was due as set out by the court. Had it in reverse Vodafone would have called in the baliffs and black marked our credit file.

I am sure if Vodafone want to put their side of the judgement on this forum we would all welcome it with open arms. Somehow I cant see it, can you?

Last summer (ish) someone posted here a newspaper article which had appeared in several papers regarding a CC case involving Orange, in which the customer came out on top :). I could not understand the response it received, not dissimilar to this case, even the national newspaper was slated. I am at a loss as to why?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, People who stand up to companies who offer a deal then don't deliver what was offered is something that I advocate.

Creating a website, calling it an 'unpaid debt register' and offering a one sided view of events may get someone into hot water. Getting "angry" at someone who expresses concerns about this is not the response I'd expect.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, People who stand up to companies who offer a deal then don't deliver what was offered is something that I advocate.

Creating a website, calling it an 'unpaid debt register' and offering a one sided view of events may get someone into hot water. Getting "angry" at someone who expresses concerns about this is not the response I'd expect.

I think we will have to agree to dissagree.

At least we agreed on one thing

:smile: