Close Possession

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest janensteve

I have a Baillif who claims that he did a close possession. There are no fees noting this nor any written indication. The Bailliff screwed up on paperwork, can he now retrospectively say that in actual fact he had levied by way of clsoe possession and if so, how can he evidence it ?

Guest janensteve

yep, i complained to council about bailliff fees and they now claim that the bailliff levied by way of close possession.

If the defaulter does not accept and sign the terms of the walking possession agreement and you are not able to arrange immediate removal, you can sometimes take close possession of the goods as a temporary measure.

close possession

Do this by leaving someone else in possession on the premises (for example a bailiff or another debt manager).

This method of impounding goods is expensive.

Close Possesion Close Possession simply means that the bailiff will be left on the premises to guard the goods as a “possession man” to ensure that the goods are kept safe and are not removed.

Pinched from Tomtubbies site ;)

Guest janensteve

So if a Baillif is merely at my home waiting for me to obtain my card detaisl to pay the debt, is that close possession ? I received no notice at the time that a close possession was in progress apart form observing the T&%T sit on my conservatory sofa.

Guest janensteve

ermm, i did leave the house before he had decided to let himself into my back garden and open the conservatory door, whereupon a starled member of my family rang me on the mobile to advise that he was sat in my conservatory.

Guest janensteve

i immediately returned. but still no documents offered or handed to me prior to payment in full by credit card

ermm, i did leave the house before he had decided to let himself into my back garden and open the conservatory door, whereupon a starled member of my family rang me on the mobile to advise that he was sat in my conservatory.

your telling me he just casually walked into your home and plonked himself down and waited for you come home.. the cheeky son of a banker, still it still dosnt sound like a close possesion

Guest janensteve

no, my home was locked, nbut the rear garden entrance to the conservatory was unlocked, though the doors from the conservatory to the house was locked, so he could not get into the house.

yep, i complained to council about bailliff fees and they now claim that the bailliff levied by way of close possession.

What fees have been charged.

PS: Close Possession.......no way !!!

Guest janensteve

£280.00 Van Fee (Now called Van/Abortive Fee in correspondence)

£ 24.50 Redemption of Goods Fee (now changed to 1st Visit Fee in correspondence)

£45.00 Levy fee (The debt to the council for Business Rates was £626)

39.02 Credit Card Fee

Guest janensteve

i signed the "inventory of goods removed" with the endorsement as follows:-

"I hereby confirm that this inventory is an accurate description of the items which have not been removed by bristow and suitor and of their condition at the time of this notice."

The section that says "I request that they be held for a minimum period of 5 days abd until suitable sale date can be arranged" was deleted and across the entire document its says "VOID"

I also signed the receipt which was endorsed "I confirm that i have paid the money costs disputed" I deleted "willingly on behalf of the defaulter and that under no circumstances will it be refunded" Then i signed it, his copy says the same.

i signed the "inventory of goods removed" with the endorsement as follows:-

"I hereby confirm that this inventory is an accurate description of the items which have not been removed by bristow and suitor and of their condition at the time of this notice."

The section that says "I request that they be held for a minimum period of 5 days abd until suitable sale date can be arranged" was deleted and across the entire document its says "VOID"

I also signed the receipt which was endorsed "I confirm that i have paid the money costs disputed" I deleted "willingly on behalf of the defaulter and that under no circumstances will it be refunded" Then i signed it, his copy says the same.

get a complaint into the council and the bailiffs and then file a form 4 complaint