You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3997 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest janensteve

I have a Baillif who claims that he did a close possession. There are no fees noting this nor any written indication. The Bailliff screwed up on paperwork, can he now retrospectively say that in actual fact he had levied by way of clsoe possession and if so, how can he evidence it ?

A close possesion ????

Guest janensteve

yep, i complained to council about bailliff fees and they now claim that the bailliff levied by way of close possession.

Ive not heard this before, dont say its another charge that these bailiffs have made up just to justify their cock ups.. could be wrong though but like I said Ive never heard of it

If the defaulter does not accept and sign the terms of the walking possession agreement and you are not able to arrange immediate removal, you can sometimes take close possession of the goods as a temporary measure.

close possession

Do this by leaving someone else in possession on the premises (for example a bailiff or another debt manager).

This method of impounding goods is expensive.

Close Possesion Close Possession simply means that the bailiff will be left on the premises to guard the goods as a “possession man” to ensure that the goods are kept safe and are not removed.

Pinched from Tomtubbies site ;)

A close possession agreement is where a bailiff is actually left guarding the goods.

I doubt they did this

LOL. too late!

Dammit beaten by a minute ;)

your too quick for me 'Lets fight bailiffs'

Guest janensteve

So if a Baillif is merely at my home waiting for me to obtain my card detaisl to pay the debt, is that close possession ? I received no notice at the time that a close possession was in progress apart form observing the T&%T sit on my conservatory sofa.

You didnt leave the house then I take it so he wasnt guarding your property like a nice man that he is then..... So no it doesnt sound like a close possesion to me.

Guest janensteve

ermm, i did leave the house before he had decided to let himself into my back garden and open the conservatory door, whereupon a starled member of my family rang me on the mobile to advise that he was sat in my conservatory.

Guest janensteve

i immediately returned. but still no documents offered or handed to me prior to payment in full by credit card

ermm, i did leave the house before he had decided to let himself into my back garden and open the conservatory door, whereupon a starled member of my family rang me on the mobile to advise that he was sat in my conservatory.

your telling me he just casually walked into your home and plonked himself down and waited for you come home.. the cheeky son of a banker, still it still dosnt sound like a close possesion

by the way it wasnt a child was it that was in the house alone...because if it was then he knew he shouldnt of been there

Guest janensteve

no, my home was locked, nbut the rear garden entrance to the conservatory was unlocked, though the doors from the conservatory to the house was locked, so he could not get into the house.

Guest janensteve

how can he evidence close possession or is it his word against mine ?

I think he has to show some proof surely... its a new one on me this one so really cant advise here but Tomtubby can ;)

yep, i complained to council about bailliff fees and they now claim that the bailliff levied by way of close possession.

What fees have been charged.

PS: Close Possession.......no way !!!

Guest janensteve

£280.00 Van Fee (Now called Van/Abortive Fee in correspondence)

£ 24.50 Redemption of Goods Fee (now changed to 1st Visit Fee in correspondence)

£45.00 Levy fee (The debt to the council for Business Rates was £626)

39.02 Credit Card Fee

Have you signed anything from the bailiff?

Guest janensteve

i signed the "inventory of goods removed" with the endorsement as follows:-

"I hereby confirm that this inventory is an accurate description of the items which have not been removed by bristow and suitor and of their condition at the time of this notice."

The section that says "I request that they be held for a minimum period of 5 days abd until suitable sale date can be arranged" was deleted and across the entire document its says "VOID"

I also signed the receipt which was endorsed "I confirm that i have paid the money costs disputed" I deleted "willingly on behalf of the defaulter and that under no circumstances will it be refunded" Then i signed it, his copy says the same.

i signed the "inventory of goods removed" with the endorsement as follows:-

"I hereby confirm that this inventory is an accurate description of the items which have not been removed by bristow and suitor and of their condition at the time of this notice."

The section that says "I request that they be held for a minimum period of 5 days abd until suitable sale date can be arranged" was deleted and across the entire document its says "VOID"

I also signed the receipt which was endorsed "I confirm that i have paid the money costs disputed" I deleted "willingly on behalf of the defaulter and that under no circumstances will it be refunded" Then i signed it, his copy says the same.

get a complaint into the council and the bailiffs and then file a form 4 complaint

Guest janensteve

have done that, council says charges are correct