Tax Debts - do I need them?

BreadAndButter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over a year ago I was threatened byt the tax office to mae a final payment of 4k - which I didnt have as petty cash!

I got in contact with TaxDebts who called them off, and got a payment plan in place.

Since this time Ive been paying taxdebts £30 a month for their service - do I still need them when this £30 could be going to my tax bill? I read the terms and conditions, it says i can give them 4 weeks notice, would I then just pay the tax office directly?

I panicked previously as the tax office didnt want to hear my side, and wanted full payment or a court order would go ahead.

Any advice appreciated,

Pete

Hiya,

My OH was due the tax people money as well, not as much as you but still.

They were very helpful with us. I just sent them a letter of payment proposal with and i and e sheet (just the same for dca's) and stated i would call them every month on a certain date to make payment and even asked if they could supplya direct landline number to reduce costs via their 0870 number.

Got a reply where the accepted it no probs with a details schedule and a landline number.

Do you know the date and amount set up by the taxdebts?

If so just wrtie the tax people a letter stating that you current tax debt is being paid by Taxdebt and are currently charging £30 per month for the service. Say that you are going to stop payments to them and add the £30 to the monthly payment and will pay direct on xx/xx/xx each month.

I'm sure they would be happy that you will be paying extra as well

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)