You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
    • What's the default date? It should be on your Credit File
    • i point you to two threads whereby you'll see an explanation by andy (post 22 here) https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/410486-lowell-interim-charging-order-from-credit-card-debt-2009/?tab=comments#comment-4912902   and   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406428-remortgage-issue/   if yours says:    written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council ( - disposition = sold vis: disposed of) ..... notice means letter telling them it's been sold -    doesn't say it must be paid or settled BEFORE disposition..   that's the way i read it.          
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
kel123

Confirmation of two points please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3994 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I know it's been discussed many times but I need clarrification on two points please.

1. If a claiment/creditor admits that they have detroyed the original Consumer Credit Agreement it is acceptable for them to use a microfitch copy in court.

2. If the claiment/creditor in response to a "this account is in dispute letter" issues a complaints reference number and states that they are investigating and that they never send a final decsion only a we are still investigating letter, they are not entitled to continue collecting or take you to court for the full balance. also if the Default notice was issued while stiill under investigation by the claiment/creditor this renders the defaul Notice illegal.

Thanks for your help

kel

I have to email a fast track standard disclosure list by 4 pm today.

Do I inlude things like CCAct, Presidances etc or is it just my letters to them and the letters they have missed off their disclosure list. Their disclosure list came today.

kel

Could someone answer my questions in my other thread 'Conformation of two points please' as this is relevant to the above

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

if they have an enforceable cca in any format then, if it is for that reason you are disputing the a/c, then surely the A/C is not in dispute?

i would also think that microfish is acceptable in court, it is a 'true copy' which that is all it has to be.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

I thought that a True Copy of an agreement could only be used in respose to a section 77/78 request, in court they have to produce the original.. Altho i am sure i have seen a few threads where microfich copies have been accepted when they are clearly readable? I am sure an expert wikll clarify..

Guest Old_andrew2018

It is not clear if you expect to recieve a county court summons regarding a credit card account.

If you expect to recieve a summons then IMHO you should forget section 77/78 requests, using instead use CPR 31.16 to request.

Follow this link for advice http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html#post1868913

Andy

2 merged

Did you get this sorted?

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Thanks guys, perhaps I did not explain it properly

I am in court between the end of Oct beginning of Nov, SC&M (Lloyds Credit Card). I am happy that I am going to win on numerous points (except if I get a dark ages Judge aged 130 with a mind that the masses have no say)

On their Standard disclosure it say, under document no longer in our control: The original application/consumer agreement was distroyed after being transfereed to microfish. Now as I understand it the legislation says the original should be available in court. So therefore is it purely up to the judge to accept a copy of a copy? and is it general for a judge to go this way?

With regards to the account in dispute: Lloyds had not supplied the ccagreement within the alotted time frames, and I sent a letter saying because of this the account is in dispute and only therefore enforceable by a courrt of law, when they eventually sent a poor and in places illegable copy (with errors) I wrote to them saying account is still in dispute because of............. They replied saying we are sorry blah blah and here is your case reference number. We are investigating. I had 2 sudsequent 'we are still investigating letter' with no final responce. It was only after the 3rd we are still investigating letter that I stoped paying. They DN-ed just after that point. My question was by sending these we are still investigating letters and issuing reference numbers they agreed/confirmed/by default that the account was in dispute, therefore rendering the DN illegal

microfish will be a photo of the original, so thus you have a printout of that? & you say it has 'errors'

if your whole case rests upon this being faulty, i'd post up what you have.

the other question that must be asked is: "is this your debt?" regardless to ifthey have an enforcable CCA or not, i think thats the way the judge will view it regardless to the CCA having 'questionable' aspects.

dx

Dx

It as been discussed here and other forums and besides I now live by: 'Walls have ears'

I would agree 'is this your debt' is from what I have read, what some unlearned judges say and therefore I am ready with my reply.

I am in many respects facing this with a blazay attitude because I am in a win or no loose situation - a win is preferable but not a neccesity, my credit rating is already shot and being on a dmp means in essance that what I earn should be put into the kitty - now a ccj of lets say £20, £30 or fourty pounds per month would give me stability with the ability to earn money.

The other thing I will say is if everbody beleaved that it is as simple as 'is this your debt' then we should all be on our knees and praying to the lord god (we do as we like) of banks and be greatfull that they partake in or bottoms with the blessing of the judicery

ok well we cant help with only half the info......your call.

pers i would not rely on a questionable CCA to get me out of paying this debt, if thats what you are trying to do.

an unenforcable CCA is not some magic bullet that wipes debt out.

dx

I had this discussion some 16 months ago, i.e. ethics. And it seems strange that you have written the line 'get me out of' as a cagger, I am not getting out of anything I am using the same LAWS that the bank can and do use against others, including against me. The banks help put me in debt and help themselves to put me further under. Your magic bullet should be used to cleanse the curupt system where it is deemed acceptable for the institutes to use the law but it is 'a loop hole or a get me out of this' if Joe Public uses it.

If it is incorrect then it is incorrect no matter which side of the tracks you live and of cause we know that it will all fall down to balance of probability, political will and what mood the judge is in!

From a tax paying, middle class, conservative business man to a sinical objector of the system in 4 years. And who made me this way Government, judicery and the ultimate power holders - the banks, and I am not the only one who thinks this way

I ultimately blame myself for my nievaty and then some of the blame must fall at the feet of my perants for instilling in me to trust the institutes because they have us a heart - bulldodo

• Haha 1

sorry i must strongly disagree

CAG is not here to help people find loopholes to avoid paying their debts.

CAG is about legally fighting back

following the correct method, i'e by reclaiming charges etc etc , would be doing everyone a favour & they could gain by your actions.

as it stands, the chosen method will only strengthen those we wish to battle, but weaken CAG as a whole.

unsubbing.

dx

On their Standard disclosure it say, under document no longer in our control: The original application/consumer agreement was distroyed after being transfereed to microfish. Now as I understand it the legislation says the original should be available in court. So therefore is it purely up to the judge to accept a copy of a copy? and is it general for a judge to go this way?

If this is small claims track then evidence is whatever the judge says is evidence, copies should always be introduced as hearsay evidence and you may want to read up on this thread about questioning copies and how they were created and controlled.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162535-documents-court-civil-evidence.html

With regards to the account in dispute: Lloyds had not supplied the ccagreement within the alotted time frames, and I sent a letter saying because of this the account is in dispute and only therefore enforceable by a courrt of law,

Imo this is not correct, the account is in dispute only UNTIL they provide the CCA.

when they eventually sent a poor and in places illegable copy (with errors)

However if its illegible then it doesnt conform to s78 :-D

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Shaddow

They only issued a complaint reference number and we are investigating after I sent the letter explaining the problems with the received ccagreement. Therefore they themselves placed the acc in dispute by their actions. Interestingly a coverall statement in their cannot find it section of the standard disclosure, here is the complete list:

1. documents formally in the possession, custody or power of the claiment

2.Original of application form/agreement which has been copied to onto microfiche and subsequently destroyed

3. Originals of all letters from the claiment or it's agents to defendant and any third perties and any other documents which by reason of effluxion of time have been lost or destroyed, misplaced or cannot now be traced and/or reproduced

In their we have list they do not list the 'We are investigating letters', I have the feeling that they think I am telling stories and have made them up. Very convenient them points above but won't they get a shock when I present the originals. I expect an I want this, this and this off the standard disclure list.

Leasson for today don't distroy anything LOL

Shaddow

1. documents formally in the possession, custody or power of the claiment

2.Original of application form/agreement which has been copied to onto microfiche and subsequently destroyed

You need to read that link I quoted above, if the prescribed terms are on the form but cant be read it should be game over, if they are on a separate piece of paper they say was connected or on the back of the microfiche document you need to put them to strict proof of this fact. If it cant be read at all then it should be game over also. Could come down to Judge lottery though.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.