Moneybarn Claimform - car finance

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go see Citizens Advice today or tomorrow!

Call National Debt Advice Line today!

Click the triangle on your post and see if a mod can help.

Also pm a couple of mods like pt2537

Hope you get some advice!

JB

I have to say I know absolutely nothing about it but can you link your thread here and will take a look and see if I can ask someone who might know their stuff to take a look.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Just a suggestion.

Are you abe to make any monthly payments to MBenz? If so

You could check out a legal scheme called "Time Orders" - google it etc

where you would apply to the local Court to have the terms of the hp agreement varied - as long as u could provide evidence you needed vehicle and were able to pay the new figure.

or

You could try & negotiate with MB and state that if MB repossessed car - it would go to auction - and in today's market it would be sold for a low price - and you would be laible for difference.

Would you they agree a lower repayment plan? Makes sense for both sides.

Just some thoughts for you

Do you have free legal advice with your home or car insurance policy - check it out - some monthly fee bank accounts have a range of extras included - do you have one of them?

It looks like there is no help available here, have you considered a fre consultation with a solicitor?

I'm sorry I cant help any more. I have a very old Mercedes which I love, I can understand how you feel about a nice CLK.

Do your best to find a way to keep it.

Not a volvo driver any more.

Hi Beach....I think the reason you have had problems getting a response is because of the fact that the debt is unregulated, this is an area that none of us has any in depth knowledge of. My only thought is that you go and see a solicitor that has some knowledge of fighting these types of agreement, or you claw your way back to clearing the arrears....the only other way of disputing this is if they have added excessive penalty charges or the figures don't add up....

Hi Beachcomber

A customer has no Voluntary Termination rights and no increased protection from repossession regardless of amount paid on the agreement APR, Total Amount Payable, Half and Third of Total Amount Payable do NOT apply to Unregulated Agreements and do NOT appear on Unregulated documents. Once executed, a customer cannot cancel the finance agreement. Even though this is an unregulated agreement they still have to abide by the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines as well as the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations though, so there maybe something there you could use.

Until 6 April 2008, agreements were excluded from regulation if the amount of credit or hire exceeded £25,000. However, this financial limit was removed for all new credit and hire agreements by the Consumer Credit Act 2006. Pre-existing agreements above £25,000 remain outside CCA regulation. When was the loan taken out?

The Office of Fair Trading: Exempt agreements

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Have you valued the car yet? .. Will they allow you to sell it privately?

Auction price will be a lot lower than a private sale, maybe worth asking.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

It does look that way Beachcomber. You may get around £12000 privately though, but you would need to act quickly.

What was the date of the loan?

WARNING TO ALL

have u checked out about "Time Orders" which can vary the instalment on a HP agreement - which I mentioned to you before.

National Debtline will be able to tell u about them tomorrow - or just google the phrase and do some research

• 2 weeks later...