Moneybarn Claimform - car finance

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BC

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Can you post more details or even a copy of the agreement if poss (after removing your personal details).

It would appear to be a lease rather than a HP agreement & is it to yourself or your business?

Is it governed by the Consumer Credit Act?

TIA

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This morning I received a default notice from MB Finance written on the 4th February and post marked 9th February giving me until 5pm tomorrow to pay two missed payments (£1100), failure to comply in full will result in the car being taken away.

It is an unregulated agreement, and should I not pay the two payments the car will be collected, I will still have to pay the arrears + all the remaining rentals due under the agreement (£21K).

I did try and terminate the agreement last November but they wanted the car PLUS £22k being the total remaining rentals, so I have been trying to keep the agreement going as there is no way I can find £21k, I am actually one payment behind as I have already sent one which has obviously crossed in the post.

Help urgently required as I just dont know what to do.

Edited by beachcomber60

I found this for you on a legal website:

Car Repossession explained

If you feel you are struggling with you car on finance you should let the finance company know as soon as possible, as they may be able to help you.

Your lender has the right to take back the goods if you don't keep up your repayments. You'll be sent a notice first, giving you the chance to put things right. But you will have to act quickly - within seven days.

If you haven't got the money to put things right, explain this to the lender. If they won't agree to less than full payment, they may take you to court. You can ask the court to give you extra time to pay if you really want to carry on with the deal.

If you've paid more than a third of the total cost of the HP or CS (not including any insurance), your lender will need a court order to take the goods back. If you've paid less than this, the lender still can't enter your property to take the goods without a court order, unless you give them your permission to.

If you are having problems keeping up with repayments it may be cheaper in the long run to hand the goods back.

Why is it an unregulated agreement?

Is it in your name or a companies name?

What was the original credit amount?

Edited by ncf355

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Pinky,

U are correct the cost of the car was over £25k which is why its unregulated, I have sent one payment which means I'm 10 days late on the second payment.

I cannot understand, and I am pretty sure that the default notice has not been issued correctly :-

Issued 4th Feb., posted 9th, received by me 10th giving me until 5pm 11th to pay.

Thanks Pinky,

Intend challenging them on that point & see if I can reshedule the one payment I'am behind. Failing that they can have the car back, what worries me is that they still want all payments due under the agreement (about £20k) in addition to the car - surely this cant be right? If I'm struggling to find the monthly payment how the heck am I supposed to find £20,000.

Have tipped your scales

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...