style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi wonder if you can help.on tuesday my mum got a letter through her door saying jacobs were coming to remove goods in 48 hours.

She had an arrangement to pay them 104 per fortnight which she was paying.in may she was 6 days late with 1 payment and the next thing this letter was delivered. sha has since made all payments on time. she phoned the bailiff and he said he wants 500 by 2o'clock today or he will come with police to remove. is he just threating her or can he really do this

tell your mum to lock her doors and windows do not answer the door to him if she must speak to him tell her to do it through an upstairs window

has the bailiff been in your mothers house before

does the bailiff have a walking possession agreement

1) how much was the liability order for

2)how much has the bailiff added in charges

3) does she know how much she has already paid

4) what are your mothers circumstances does she work is she on benefits

yes he has been in and does have a walking possesion order

she had lived in her flat for 3 years and never recived a council tax bill then she received one which had 3 years altogether onit she obviously couldn't pay it all at once because it was nearly £3000 she was taken to court and bailiffs were sent out. she doesn't know how much charges were put on the bills however she had calculated it would be paid in full in middle of october

at first she was paying them 250 a month but was struggling the agreed to lower it in to fornightly payments of 104

she earns 190 a fornight which is piad in to my bank account

by any chance was doing a WP a condition of allowing your mum to pay in installments - are popular tactic of Jacobs.

Plus if your mum is up to date in her payments I don't believe they can enforce anything.

yes it was said they wouldn't accept a payment plan unless she let them in to levy goods

she doesn't have that much they can take anyway as she lives in a 1bed flat shes more worried that they come and break down the front door to the flats then break in hers while she is at work

she lives in private rented and is worried her land lord will then charge her for the door which she cant afford to pay.

she did ask the bailiff if he could give her a time he was coming and he said no if she s not she not in there is nothing he can do about it

because they have a walking possession agreement they can come into your mother house

having said that they don't want your mothers goods they want to add a van charge if memory serves me correct JACOBS charge £120 for this

however if the bailiff was coming to remove your mothers goods and i very much doubt they will as she has never missed a payment (you cant call a late payment missed)

they must send her a letter first giving the time and date of the removal

Forcing re-entry

The law upon the rights of bailiffs to force re-entry to premises in order to remove

goods previously seized has recently been clarified. In Khazanchi v Faircharm

Investments; McLeod v Butterwick [1998] 2 All ER 901 the Court of Appeal held that

bailiffs may only force re-entry where they are being deliberately excluded from

premises. It will thus be necessary in most cases for the bailiff to notify the debtor in

advance of the date and time of the visit in order to remove. If the debtor is then

absent from home, or refuses entry, force may be employed

she earns 190 a fornight which is piad in to my bank account

she earns less tha £100 per week this means she is entitled to housing and C/T benefits which I hope she is getting, and the full amount, Can I ask if she was getting this amount in the time of when the first council tax was due.

she is also classed as being on a low income which means she shouldnt even be paying back that large amount, she should get back intouch with the council asap and explain how much the bailiffs want off her, she also needs to know how much they have charged her.

Jacobs are notorious for that - I HATE the fact that they say only payment arrangement with a WP.

I refused and they still try it on with me - every few months cancel my arrangement and then say they will only let me pay monthly with a WP. Every few months I then go spare at my council who then call them off and make them reinstate it.

Have you tried calling the council and asking why if the account is up to date are they allowing their agents to threaten your mother?

The council are responsible for the bailiffs actions whilst collecting council tax.

the bailiff is trying to frighten your mum a well known bailiff tactic

all that will happen is the bailiff will add a van charge

did the bailiff give your mum 3 separate walking possession agreements for the 3 accounts

are the same goods on the 3 agreements

the bailiff is trying to frighten your mum a well known bailiff tactic

all that will happen is the bailiff will add a van charge

did the bailiff give your mum 3 separate walking possession agreements for the 3 accounts

are the same goods on the 3 agreements

no did one levy for all 3 accounts ,but while she was trying to pay them what they wanted she feel behind with last years ct payments which went also to jacobs a diffrent balff came to levy again and levied the same thing as the other had as like i said she doesn't have a lot for them to take

no hallowitch she live in cleveland

Edited by lochnettie80
adding tp post

a different bailiff came to levy again and levied the same thing as the other had

is/was she still paying on the previous accounts when they levied the same goods

is it this account the bailiff is coming to collect on today

yep 3 lots of 65 she has manged to get an appointment with cab at 2pm today they have phoned local council to get them to stop any further action un til it is dealt with

will let u know the out come thanks for all help

the baillif has an unlawfull levy the charges for this must be removed

your mum needs to ask the council

for

the amount of all liability orders sent to the baillifs and the date they were sent

she also needs a screenshot (breackdown) of charges of all her accounts from the baillifs

THE COUNCIL TAX (ADMINISTRATION AND

ENFORCEMENT) REGULATIONS 1992 (SI 1992/613 AS

AMENDED BY SI 1993/773, SI 1998/295, SI 2003/2211, SI 2006/3395 AND SI 2007/501

(SCHEDULE 5)

NOTICE OF

CHARGES CONNECTED WITH DISTRESS

1. The sum in respect of charges connected with the distress which may be aggregated under

regulation 45(2) shall be set out in the following Table-

(1)

Matters connected with distress

(2)

Charges

A For making a visit to premises with a view

to levying distress (where no levy is

made) –

i) where the visit is the first or only such

visit £24.50

ii) where the visit is the second such

visit:£18

2.—(1) In heads A and B of the Table to paragraph 1, "the relevant amount" with respect to a visit or a levy means—

• (a) where the sum due at the time of the visit or of the levy (as the case may be) does not exceed £100, £12.50,

• (b) where the sum due at the time of the visit or of the levy (as the case may be) exceeds that amount, 12½ per cent. on the first £100 of the sum due, 4 per cent. on the next £400, 2½ per cent. on the next £1,500, 1 per cent. on the next £8,000 and ¼ per cent. on any additional sum;
  • (2) Where a charge has arisen under head B with respect to an amount, no further charge may be aggregated under heads A or B in respect of that amount.

and the sum due at any time for these purposes means so much of the amount in respect of which the liability order concerned was made as is outstanding at the time.

anything you dont understand just ask

not even another firm of bailiffs can levy on the same goods never mind the the same company doing it three times. your mother should go to housing advice as she would get it paid and they can back date it three months so this would change the first bill and take it out of the bailiffs hand full stop.

Hi,

I'm an ex employee of jacobs.

The CAB have an arrangement with jacobs so if they call jacobs then they have to take the case back from the bailiff and stop any action and also they have to accept a payment plan, the minimum is £5 per week.

The fees seem unlawful to me. Can you tell me which bailiff it was and what council you're dealing with? I will give you some advice on exactly how to deal with jacobs. PM me if you need more help. thanks