Ticket for dfropping my kids off at nurseRY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there ,

got a parking ticekt this morning for dropping my kids off at nursery even though i have a large a4 note in the front screen saying this, bare in mind i have 2 small toddlers. Even 1 of the girls at the nursery explained to him, hut he wrote out the ticket anyway.

i want to appeal and need some help on what to put. He said that he'd been waiting for 8min, but was not possible as i got there about 8.57am and left 9.03am due to being held back at the nursery.

pls help

Mmm. Normally you'd be looking at an alighting exemption, but 5 minutes away from the car is still parking unfortunately.

Can we see a scan of the ticket? Might be legal errors in it.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it the parking dispensation for allowing passengers to get into and out of a vehicle is only valid where the driver of the vehicle remains within the car. There is no allowance made for children or those requiring assistance. This is to allow the traffic to remain free-flowing.

I understand your frustration, particularly if there is no-where nearby without restriction to allow you to park and walk your children to their destination, however I would not expect your appeal to progress far in this case.

As I understand it the parking dispensation for allowing passengers to get into and out of a vehicle is only valid where the driver of the vehicle remains within the car. There is no allowance made for children or those requiring assistance. This is to allow the traffic to remain free-flowing.

Don't think it is as clear as that. I know of no rule that says driver has to remain within vehicle.

I do know of an adjudicator decision that allows drivers to assist those in wheelchairs and would extend that to all with particular needs including children.

I have won appeals for people leaving vehicles to collect children citing child safety as the reason.

All will hinge on the circumstances of each case though.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.