You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mattd87

Ex-housemate stole £90 of my deposit under the DPS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Basically, the other day I got my deposit back through this stupid scheme, completely unaware that the (un-nominated, may I add) lead-tenant had the final say in how much everyone got from the money our landlady decided to give back.

I said to my LL that I would only give her my bank details if the whole thing had nothing to do with the 'lead-tenant' because I knew she would try and pull some stunt - basically she thinks I owe her money because she paid bank charges she racked up on our rent account by stupidly putting cheques in a day before the standing order went out.

Anyway, after being promised there was room for everyone's account details and it wasn't going into 'lead-tenant's' account, I gave my details to LL (and only her, didn't give her permission to pass them on). So a couple of weeks after that, I find out that £90 of my deposit has gone into LT's account and that my LL knew about it but didn't tell me or the DPS about the problem...

Now, from my basic knowledge of law I'm sure this is a fraudulent use of my deposit money and is, in fact, stealing, no? I was owed the same amount as other tenants (4 paid £330 deposit, including me, one paid £270) - which equated to £305 after interest - I was returned £212.

Can anyone advise me what to do now? - I know it would cost more than £90 to go to court, but this is illegal, right? Surely, whether I owe money or not (which I don't) it can't be taken off me this way?

Thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

I hink the key is what this £90 relates to. You say 'bank charges', can you ellaborate?