Budgeting loans

gyzmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you probably know by now, I've been given a verbal offer for a position and am waiting for CRB clearance before getting a written offer.

In a couple of weeks time, I will have been on benefits for 6 months and from that point will be entitled to apply for a budgeting loan under the "help with starting work" section.

I am hoping to be able to claim £1500 - £2000 for a car (its an essential car user post), insurance and general running costs, as well as clothes for work (all my other work clothes no longer fit - it's been 3 years since I last needed to wear them!).

I don't envisage the job starting before the 6 month period comes up, and realistically I do not see any hope of getting a perm or temp job in the time being,

What I need to know is whether I can submit the claim now for it to be paid once I get the offer letter (if it is after the 6 month period) and whether that amount is claimable for the purposes stated.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not offer suggestions on getting a car like finance, bangers, loans, borrow, hire, credit card etc. They are not options.

Unless you've been claiming JSA for 26 weeks or more, then they won't entertain it. I was knocked back last week because I'm 4 weeks shy of the timescale.

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well just called the 0845 number to find out.

Can only claim £350 maximum and can't buy a car (even though it's for helping starting work)

Can't claim because I'm on JSA (not income based).

I will be put onto income based once unemployed for 6 months.

I can only claim once I've been on income based JSA for 6 months.

In other words, the amount I could claim is not enough and comes 6 months too late.

Real help getting you back to work? Yeah right.

Well just called the 0845 number to find out.

Can only claim £350 maximum and can't buy a car (even though it's for helping starting work)

Can't claim because I'm on JSA (not income based).

I will be put onto income based once unemployed for 6 months.

I can only claim once I've been on income based JSA for 6 months.

In other words, the amount I could claim is not enough and comes 6 months too late.

Real help getting you back to work? Yeah right.

Yeah, the system's a joke. I'm currently fighting it on 2 fronts - both on behalf of my partner, who they seem to think isn't deaf :???:

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]