style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, You have seen Ross and Roberts mentioned on here before. Well they have really taken the biscuit this time! I received a knock from them yesterday chasing £200 of 07/08 council tax from my former LA (I moved over a year ago under the impression that this had been settled!) I was not shown any ID and I refused him entry (I have been attacked in my home previously!) saying that I was happy to make an arrangement but that I would not let him in the house as I was alone. He stomped off saying he was going to clamp the car having already parked across my drive to stop me from reversing off. Well it was going to be a cold day in hell before he clamped my car so I locked the house and barefoot, jumped in the car, driving over his sodding clamp in the process (shame it wasn't his head lol). I managed to get the car off but heres the amazing bit, he reversed backwards and forwards to try to stop me leaving and when I finally did, he chased after me in his van until I drove into the police station (extremely frightened by this time) when he suddenly shot off up a side road. I was stunned that he would do this!! According to FSA guidelines they are not to do anything that implies threat. Well of that isn't threatening I don't know what is????? Any thought on what to do next? The police were bloody useless by the way!:confused:

contact the council involved

THEY are responsible for the actions of the bailiffs they employ to collect ctax.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx, we did this and have paid the outstanding amount directly to them but they insist that it's nothing to do with them. I can't believe that anyone in "civilised" society can do this, it was a truly scary experience. He then made all sorts of threats about coming to break open the garage and knocking through the night, when I know full well that they cant do that!

well done you for your quick thinking, hope you have hidden your car now.

I think you need to get onto the council that is pursuing the debt and tell them what has happened and tell them that you had no knowledge of this debt and for them to take the debt back and you will pay them directly.

Maybe you need to take in a copy of the FSA guidlines into the police station, not sure if it will be any good as they never seem to want to get involved but they have it on record any way. can you check what this bailiffs name was and see if he is certified, you can check it here

Certificated Bailiff

Good luck

Hmmm, thats interesting, I can't find this guy on the certified bailiffs site! Does that mean he's not a bailiff?? It's sad innit, but I have paid the council directly now but I feel like I have "given in" and that b**stard has got just what he wanted. God I am so bloody angry!

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

phone to confirm that he is not certificated

then get down to your council and make big noises about Ross and Roberts if this person is not a bailiff he should not be collecting council tax

and he certainly should not be adding charges to your account only a certificated bailiffs can do this

a visit to your M P i think

Thanks dx, we did this and have paid the outstanding amount directly to them but they insist that it's nothing to do with them. I can't believe that anyone in "civilised" society can do this, it was a truly scary experience. He then made all sorts of threats about coming to break open the garage and knocking through the night, when I know full well that they cant do that!

Bailiffs are employed by the council and have to take on board if the bailiff has acted innapropriately as he obviously done. I would write them a stinking letter that it has every thing to do with them.

Bailiffs are employed by the council and have to take on board if the bailiff has acted innapropriately as he obviously done. I would write them a stinking letter that it has every thing to do with them.

this is from my local Mayer

Colwyn Bay mayor Abdul Khan described the offer as ‘a joke’ and called for

greater scrutiny of high court enforcement agencies to prevent similar

cases in future.

“This case has given both of these people a lot of stress and put their

business in jeopardy. You’d think, in this age, that the agency would have

investigated the situation a lot more thoroughly” he said.

“These enforcement agencies don’t appear to be answerable to anybody, and

need to be governed a lot more tightly. They’re a law unto themselves.”

Hi All, You have seen Ross and Roberts mentioned on here before. Well they have really taken the biscuit this time! I received a knock from them yesterday chasing £200 of 07/08 council tax from my former LA (I moved over a year ago under the impression that this had been settled!) I was not shown any ID and I refused him entry (I have been attacked in my home previously!) saying that I was happy to make an arrangement but that I would not let him in the house as I was alone. He stomped off saying he was going to clamp the car having already parked across my drive to stop me from reversing off. Well it was going to be a cold day in hell before he clamped my car so I locked the house and barefoot, jumped in the car, driving over his sodding clamp in the process (shame it wasn't his head lol). I managed to get the car off but heres the amazing bit, he reversed backwards and forwards to try to stop me leaving and when I finally did, he chased after me in his van until I drove into the police station (extremely frightened by this time) when he suddenly shot off up a side road. I was stunned that he would do this!! According to FSA guidelines they are not to do anything that implies threat. Well of that isn't threatening I don't know what is????? Any thought on what to do next? The police were bloody useless by the way!:confused:

This is extremely serious indeed and is a shocking example of what is happening in this UNREGULATED market.

An almost identical situation as this is the subject of a Form 4 Complaint that I am aware of that is being heard in the County Court at the end of next week !!

This is extremely serious indeed and is a shocking example of what is happening in this UNREGULATED market.

An almost identical situation as this is the subject of a Form 4 Complaint that I am aware of that is being heard in the County Court at the end of next week !!

I would like to highlight the fact UNREGULATED

Tomtubby your name should be put forward to regulate this trade as i know you would be the ideal pearson for the job.

would you consider it???.

I think that they rely on people not carrying through complaints as they are already under pressure with the debt issue anyway. Its all a smokescreen for their bullying tactics. I have checked some of the "associations" online and their code of practice reminds me of Priates of the Carribean, not quite rules, more like guidelines. Except this is real people whose lives who are being affected terribly by these monsters. I'd be really interested to see the outcome of that case!