Two PCN's for same offence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received two parking tickets within two hours, and was wondering if this is legal. I found them both on my vehicle on returning to it after a business meeting. Does anyone know if they are both valid.

My understanding is that only 1 PCN can be issued per day for the same offence. If you parked up at tea time on one day and got a PCN, and it was still there the next morning, you can get another PCN. I don't think there should be any way you can get 2 that quickly, unless one was before midnight, and the other after, making 2 seperate days for the offence.

Hang on till some of our council PCN expert CAGgers pick up on this thread.

They were issued at 12.35 and 14.30 on the 17/7/09.

"Parked in a residents or shared parking place or zone without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place."

I used the first person in my question, but I am actually asking on behalf of our builder who speaks very little English. He has paid the first ticket but I wondered if it was correct to receive two tickets for the same offence, when he asked me for advice, so I thought this forum would be the best place to find the answer for him.

They were issued at 12.35 and 14.30 on the 17/7/09.

"Parked in a residents or shared parking place or zone without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place."

I used the first person in my question, but I am actually asking on behalf of our builder who speaks very little English. He has paid the first ticket but I wondered if it was correct to receive two tickets for the same offence, when he asked me for advice, so I thought this forum would be the best place to find the answer for him.

He will need to pay first one and appeal the other on the grounds of procedural impropriety in that they issued in duplicate. Write to the Council pointing out that this contravention has already been dealt with via PCN number XXXXXX (the number of the first one)

He has paid the first ticket but I wondered if it was correct to receive two tickets for the same offence, when he asked me for advice, so I thought this forum would be the best place to find the answer for him.

Did he remove the first PCN and still leave the vehicle parked in the same place? If he did, although you know it was issued by the same CEO, it might be deemed unreasonable for the CEO to remember having given out the 1st PCN, and he simply wrote the second possibly thinking this was a new vehicle.

As patdavies says though, it should be a straight forward appeal against the second with the clear evidence he has already paid for this 1 contravention.

The question which arises is whether the vehicle was moved. They can tell this, as they record tyre valve positions on parked vehicles. If he moved it then returned to the same spot, it is likely to be viewed as two separate contraventions. However if he did not, and the photos they have will bear him out on this, then he can expect the second one to be voided - you can't be charged twice on the same day for the same offence.