Requests for financial summary budget sheets from credeitors.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent off my CSSS letter with token £1.00 payments to my creditors.

Creditors have responded.

They are asking for a finacial summary of my personal budget and a list of my creditors names and amounts owed.

Can they request this?

Starting from the premise that creditors will use any information you offer them in their favour, are they:

1. Legally allowed to request this information to this extent?

1a. How much detail and breakdown of finacial summary are they allowed to request?

2. If and how can they use it against me?

Far as I am aware the only people that can legally request this are the courts. If you trust a creditor then you could supply them but as stated they have no right to this knowledge, my own feeling is they use the knowledge of your financial situation to decide how hard to push for payment for themselves bugger every other creditor.

dpick

Subbing as this will be very relevant for me also :(

I understood it to be possible that CCCS might share this level of info with the creditors (although to be honest would hope that would not be the case) but we were not obliged to go there ourselves??

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Hi

I had the same request yesterday so this is what I'm posting today:

I note that you have requested proof of my income & expenditure by means of benefits letters, bank statement, and wage slips but I will not provide these for your inspection as I consider such documents to be totally personal & private.

I enclosed a Personal Budget sheet in my previous letter which showed my total income from all sources, and my outgoings. This made it very clear that I only have a total of £xxx per month left for my creditors.

The offers I have made to my creditors have been worked out on a pro-rata basis, and I have written to all my creditors asking them to accept reduced payments.

In view of my circumstances, I am only able to make payments of £xxxx per month. If interest or other charges are being added to the account I would be grateful if you would freeze these so that all payments made will reduce what I owe you. If you refuse to stop the interest & charges, it will take much longer to clear the amount I owe you.

I also requested a statement of the account but you failed to send this with your letter so I am requesting this again. I would also be grateful for a breakdown of the charges levied against my account.

I would be grateful if you would send a paying-in book to make it easier to pay you.

Please note that I will not discuss my account by telephone & request that you make any further comment in writing.

I had already sent them a copy of my income/expenditure (before I realised that I wasn't obliged to :()

I suspect this account is enforceable as it was opened in June 2007 so thats why I didn't CCA them however I may still do that :D

I note that you have requested proof of my income & expenditure by means of benefits letters, bank statement, and wage slips but I will not provide these for your inspection as I consider such documents to be totally personal & privat

Do we have any piece of legislation to back this up with? It might be worth being able to quote this in the letter.

Yes it's called 'The Right To Privacy under the Human Rights Act 1998' Your rights - The Right to Privacy

Excellent! Thank you very much - they all want a piece of the I&E info at the moment! :eek:

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

• 10 months later...

I am in the process of requesting prorata payemnts for 6 months, but my income does go up some months if I am able to get extra hours.

What do I need to do to prove my income and would I be committing an offence if my money was higher?

What do I need to do to prove my income and would I be committing an offence if my money was higher?
You don't have to prove anything, they have no legal right to any information. You decide what you can afford to pay pro rata from your disposable income.

thanks for the advice, it really helps to know there are very clever people and also people in the same boat on the same website, a huge boost.

the one I am worried about is the northern rock together loan - only one way to find out what will happen though.