You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

dazza4074

British Gas Complaint - shall i bother or do i ignore it?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Basically, i just wanna know is it worth complaining about how rude the customer service people on the phone were or just to leave it?

What happened was i got two final bills from British gas for gas (about £35) and electric (about £80), money is a bit tight because at the time i received these, rent was due. now i rang them and spoke to a English person, i explained my situation and they were to ring me a week later and i agreed to pay half of each and the other half the following week. 3 days later, a rather rude indian customer representative rang me and demanded i pay these now, i explained to him my situation but he said i had to pay now, i told him i agreed to pay half when i get paid and then the other half the week after , i got into a bit of a heated discussion with him, he was so rude because he said the amount was so low, they couldn't do instalments, why is this? anyway, eventually he hung up.

when i was due a phone call from British Gas, it wasn't the original lady, it was another Indian but this one was female, its clear she couldn't understand me, i told her i was expecting the call a bit later on than this, i tried to tell her i was getting ready for work, i don't have anytime to do this now, said to her i couldn't pay all of it, went through that hassle. eventually gave in, gave her my card details, i actually told her i could pay half on the gas, but she took the full amount, which i didn't agree but it went through so it was too late. she reduced the electric to about £50 so i agreed to pay that just for them to leave me alone.

what i want to know is, can i complain about this? i mean, it has left me short on my rent and i am now in arrears with that and my other personal debts. i am just appalled and disgusted how lack of communcation has caused me problems. is it worth complaining, will anything happen?

any thoughts?

yea complain.

they will have records of who called you and when

needs to be sorted.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Make a complaint, send a letter in to the address on your bill, for attention of the customer relations manager. All energy debt is dealt with by a centre in india, so I think it's been a breakdown in communication between the person you spoke with, and those in india. You should get some compensation if you make a fuss about the poor service you received :)

Letter sent today, was gonna send it recorded delivery, i have complained in the past (it was too bt), no response tho. i think they may have not received it. if this is the case this time around, how long do i leave it to send another letter???