You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3995 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just thought I would share my news.

I applied for volutary (individual) bankruptcy in December 2008. The Order was granted on 22 Dec 08. I live outside the UK now and the OR did the initial telephone interview - heard nothing more until I received the questionnaire to complete ahead of an early discharge consideration.

Then in late June 2009 my bankruptcy was discharged. So the whole thing took just 6 months - I was beginning to think they'd take the full year. I owed money to 4 creditors and I had/have no assets to my name which I guess makes things simpler to deal with.

The relief is great - to know that debt which was crippling me is no long there means I can move forward now!

Did you do anything to instigate the early discharge, or was that something that came from the OR?

Cheers,

G

Nope - it came from the OR without me doing anything to instigate it. I presume because I didn't own property or have any other assets, mine was a relatively simple/straight-forward case.

The letter included a questionnaire to check on updated income/expenses and said that the OR would write to all my creditors and ask if they objected to my being discharged early. I guess they all said nope...

Yeah, when the OR asks for objections it cant just be "hey that guy owes me money", it must be something like "did you know that guy has a million pound speed boat he hasn't told you about"