You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• EU deal replicated 'as far as possible' ... aka less than   "The British Government is continuing to work intensively on securing continuity with other countries. We have secured agreements – either signed or agreed in principle - that account for 64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity, should we leave the EU without a deal."   With what I've seen on that page I linked earlier, that would seem to be decidedly unambitious 'trade deals across the world larger than the EU
    • dx100uk - thank you for your advice.  I will send a SAR to Vanquis and really appreciate all the help on here.   I may have read your last sentence in the way that it was not intended but it has came across very judgmental and not helpful.  I have came on this site for some help, not to be judged.  If that was not your intention then I apologise as I realise text can be read in the way it was not intended.  
    • . I'm sorry but this is not correct. There is a very long established rule that you are required to exercise utmost good faith (uberrima fides) when becoming a party to any kind of insurance contract. This means that you have quite a strict duty to accept responsibility for disclosing any information which a reasonable person in your position might understand could materially affect the risk. I can imagine that the interpretation of this rule would not be applied quite so strictly to a very new and young driver – but the more that one has been driving and the more insurance policies one has held, then I think that the stricter  this rule becomes. It is also well established that one can misrepresent something simply by withholding information – by silence. I'm sorry to say that I think that this rule and the value of it is so self-evident that it is scarcely worth discussing. I wouldn't start raising this issue if I were you with insurers or the courts because you will come away with a bloody nose and loss of credibility
    • @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
bainmarie

fredrickson international/capone

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3997 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, got a thread in capone, with them refusing to accept reduced payments. Had letters from debitas, just sent them the same this is what I can afford letter. Now fredricksons have written requesting payment in full, approx £6,500. Dont really know about this company and just wanted some advice if anyones had dealings with them. Should I just send the same reply. Might have to revue the offer anyway soon and pay less (on advive of national debtline) that should really pxxx them off!

Any advise please

Thanks Bainmarie

Can you post a link to your other thread to save me repeating any advice on here?

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

fredricksons yet another bottom feeding dca, as a matter of interest have you asked for a cca, capone are notorious for having unenforceable ccas, anyway, why would you pay one dca and then another on the same account it is ridiculous, tell em to get lost and if you are going to pay..pay what YOU can afford not what they want

Might have to revue the offer anyway soon and pay less (on advive of national debtline) that should really pxxx them off!

Whilst all of the advice NDL have given me so far has been very accurate, there are a few things they have told me which I have taken with a pinch of salt:cool:

If your financial circumstances have changed, then "YOU" should adjust your payments accordingly, after all, it is you who knows how much you can afford to pay these DCA's each month, not them!

If they don't like it then let them take you to court, in fact I actively encourage you to ask them to take you to court, because most of them won't!

As long as you are paying what you can comfortably afford each month, a judge will very very rarely tell you to pay them more, in fact the judge will more often than not, turn around and say you can only pay them £1 a month!:D

Which is exactly why DCA's and all the other bullies won't take you to court....

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

or you could say

what part of " I am f***ing skint" don't you understand?

but in a more polite way of course!

Thanks, have cca'd capone, sent terms and conditions.

Not sure how this works.. fredricksons say they are acting for capone so I assume they dont own the debt. Just going to carry on paying what I have.

Will also post the link to my capone thread, thanks Clemma.

Not sure if I've done this right!

capone, with them refusing to accept reduced payments. Had letters from debitas, just sent them the same this is what I can afford letter. Now fredricksons have written requesting payment in full, approx £6,500.

Look you have shown your card, and in the eyes of the courts, you have showed a willingness to pay an amount toward this debt, their refusal will go against them and only act in your favour, 'if' it were ever to get to a court room.

Keep all the letters you send and receive from them, whatever you send do it via recorded delivery, whatever you receive keep, including the envelope they sent it in and, put the date you received it on.

They have already acted outside of the OFT guidelines on debt collection by refusing point blank not to accept an offer of payment without good reason, plus telling you to pay a lump sum up front, have a read thorugh the link and just take a look at the amount of regulations they choose not to adhere too:eek:

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Cheers, finally understanding that they'll probably never take me to court. Ive got loads of advice from this site and gone from a nervous wreck to fxxx it what can they do!!!

Just wanted to know what these ones are like as not dealt with them before. Sorry Clemma, tried to post the link but not sure how. Will try and sort it.

See above re: link ;)

Thats it!

thank you

You beat me lol

Cheers, finally understanding that they'll probably never take me to court. Ive got loads of advice from this site and gone from a nervous wreck to fxxx it what can they do!!!

Just wanted to know what these ones are like as not dealt with them before. Sorry Clemma, tried to post the link but not sure how. Will try and sort it.

is this the full balance of the account they are claiming?- has it been terminated?

j#

have you had a default notice?

Thanks, have cca'd capone, sent terms and conditions.

Not sure how this works.. fredricksons say they are acting for capone so I assume they dont own the debt. Just going to carry on paying what I have.

Will also post the link to my capone thread

So if I get this right you CCA'd Cr@pone, then they failed to provide a valid CCA yet sold the alleged debt onto FredPrikons??

If the above is the case then you can send priksons the bemused letter, and cr@pone the failure to respond with a valid CCA request, which will place the alleged debt firmly into dispute and no further collection activity can continue:D

if they have demanded the full amount of the account then this is a benefit of s87 which they are not entitled to until they have served an effective DN

By claiming the full amount they are regarding the agreement as terminated and are withdrawing the main benefit of the agreement to you - which is the ability to repay the money on a monthly basis on payments of your choosing (subject to the minimum amount)

this is an unlawful repudiation of the agreement which i personally would accept

sorry just seen on the other thread that you say you have had a DN can u post it up?

They have served a default notice as i have'nt paid the full monthly payment since December 08. They are asking for the full amount. Was going to send a letter saying this is what I can pay, accept it or take me to court. Would this be the right thing to do?

Thanks again

sorry just seen on the other thread that you say you have had a DN can u post it up?

Will try and do it tomorrow, my scanners not working.

They have served a default notice as i have'nt paid the full monthly payment since December 08. They are asking for the full amount. Was going to send a letter saying this is what I can pay, accept it or take me to court. Would this be the right thing to do?

Thanks again

we need to have a butchers at the dn but in the meantime what is the date on the DN and what is the remedy date stated?

Notice of default sent 19/3/09 saying i have 28 days to bring the account up to date. Got a statment of default 24/4/09 saying account terminated and they have the right to demand the balance in full etc.

Will try and post it all up tomorrow.

Cheers BM

ok the dates are ok now you need to see if the arrears claimed are wrong (they should contain no unlaeful charges nor any interest for the period that they were in default of not sending the cca

They say they've complied with the cca request and they have been adding interest and charges.

They say they've complied with the cca request and they have been adding interest and charges.

so its a fair bet then that the arrears in the dn will be way out this will if true make the DN defective

id just sit it out and let them bring it on

Do you mean ignore the letter from fredricksons?

I've also still been paying them monthly the amount I offered, seems to me if you pay what you can afford they cant do anything (exept bung on charges & interest)

Do you mean ignore the letter from fredricksons?

I've also still been paying them monthly the amount I offered, seems to me if you pay what you can afford they cant do anything (exept bung on charges & interest)

i would download the I & E forms from one of the site such as CCCS or payplan work out your I & E and divide your disposable income (after priority and essentials) between your unsecured creditors

send them a copy together with your first payment and tell them that this is all you can afford. and then keep up the payments

IF, what you are paying them is not reducing the debt then i would suggest you tell them that you are not going to make payments to a debt that is getting bigger not smaller and unless they remove the interest and charges to allow you to reduce the balance then they are going to have to take you to court where you will make the same offer to the court.