Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • It's very difficult to read a solid block of text in the way that you have posted. Please would you mind reposting – but properly spaced on punctuated and then I'm sure that you will get the help and advice that you need. Thanks
    • I have just checked my credit file and Lowell have added this to my credit file in June, are they allowed to do this considering the accounts in dispute and they told me they had put the account on hold and had suspended all activity relating to the account, there is no marker showing for July.  
    • hi folks looking for some advice, purchased a set of alloy wheels through a company, that after 8 months wheels have started to erode, and were still under warranty, sent off an email, with pictures of all the wheels, it was not just one this happened on its all 4, after no reply, had put it down to them maybe been closed due to cover, and then called them a few weeks later, to see if they were open and had got my email, to be told they had changed there email, to forward the details onto them, as i did, they got back to me and said as they are now out of warranty as a goodwill gesture they would replace them for me, and was told that they have had problems with this wheel in the pat, and its no longer available, but in order to do this, i would have to drive over 600 miles, accommodation and a journey i am not fit for as i am recovering from cancer, i asked if i could send them back by courier, inconvenience to me as i will have to take vehicle off road to do so, but was told they would not accept them this way, and that they would hold the offer open for 6 months, or the other option was to buy another pair at cost and sell the faulty ones on eBay, was paid for on credit card, any one advice if i have any rights  thank you
    • HI   Further update email   Hi Pauline,   Thanks for your further email.   I can’t advise that you will not need to pay for the remainder of the booking until an alternative you are happy with is found, as this isn’t in line with the terms and conditions agreed to at the time of booking, or the package travel regulations. Customers who wish to keep the holiday in place would need to pay the remaining balance or it will be cancelled at the relevant charges, regardless of whether the hotel is affected.   If a booking is affected our priority will be to source an alternative hotel, to ensure customers can still go on holiday. If a suitable alternative can be provided, in line with the criteria set out in the package travel regulations, no refund will be due if the customer does not wish to travel on the holiday and make use the alternative hotel.   Kind regards,
    • Yes my signature and the correct address at the time, part of it anyway - the rest was hidden under the sticky note I'm guessing.   Ok so it is a copy of the CCA?
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Challenging a CCJ??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3942 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I hope some of you guys can advise me.


I entered a Debt Management plan with my creditors and it was running smoothly for over 6 months when Allience and Leicester applied for a CCJ at Norfolk court. I could not attend and the paperwork from my debt management company was not at the court at the time of the hearing. The judge granted the CCJ and ordered the circa £23k to be paid within 28 days or a monthly payment of over £1100 a month.


I requested a re-determination and this was granted and moved to Liverpool court where I could attend. The paper work from my debt management company was delivered in time to the court and this detailed my income and expenditure along with all my other creditors and the payments I was making to them. It showed I had been paying Alliance and Leicester a pro rata amount on a monthly basis for 9 months at the time of this hearing and they had been gladly accepting them.


A rather snooty solicitor representin A&L met me in the waiting room (first time I had ever set foot in a court) and advised they where now applying for a charging order on my property at this hearing.


The judge listened to her then reviewed my paperwork and the outcome was that she declined A&L request for a charging order. Agreed I had made reasonable contribution towards my loan and done everything I could to try and rectify my financial commitment to them given the vast reduction in my income. Set the payments to the rate I had been paying for the 9 or so months and she also rejected the solicitors request for costs.


The judge advised that if the paperwork had been received by the original court she doubted the CCJ would have been issued and advised me to get this "set asside".


This is the bit I am confused on. I know I need to submit a N244 form (not sure what should go in it though). But whats the process and what court should this go to? The Norfolk court where the CCJ was originally granted or the Liverpool court where the re-determination took place and the judges advice was given.


I hope someone can advise


Thanks everyone for a fantastic forum



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I should think it would be the Liverpool Court - the one local to you.


I have tried and failed to have a CCJ set-aside (my own mistake), but you are on the right lines.


There will be someone with better advice soon.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks BluredFX

I am Reading as many threads as I can to try and learn the best approach.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi pagibbo , I agree with the last judge in so far as the ccj for forthwith judgement would probably not been given by the first judge had he or she known of your financial struggles and that you had been paying A & L for the previous 9 months but I suspect a CCJ would have been given allowing you to pay smaller monthly installments. You have done well posting on this site and both you and I may learn more from the replies you get


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,


I think the judge is referring to the lack of paperwork that was presented to him.


You will need to complete a form N244 and send to Liverpool County Court to request the set aside.

This needs to be done ASAP, it will also cost you £75.00 unless you can claim fee remission ( form ex160 I think).


One of the reasons you are asking for a set aside would be the advice offered by Judge xxxxxxx that you ask for a set aside. Think hard about exactly the words used, it may help.

Also, you never know, you may get the same Judge which will help you further. Another reason would be that you were not aware of your legal rights at the time of the original CCJ.


Have a look at the links below for further guidance -


Setting aside the original CCJ of your CCA

CCJ removal inc. step by step guide


Also have a read of how this CAG member has achieved her set aside -




I would also suggest that you send a Subject Access Request to A&L as well. This is to get any documentation relating to the account which may offer further avenues of getting the CCJ set aside.


Template letter below - this will cost £10.00



Your Name

Your Address

Your Postcode

The Data Controller

Company Name

Company Address

Company Postcode


Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request s7(1)




Dear Sir/Madam






Please send me the information which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to detailed occurrences relating to the above account number.


The following is by no means an exhaustive list but in the main this is what I require.


Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to ALL accounting history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.


Additionally, all records you hold on me relevant to these accounts, including but not limited to:


1. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to the accounts.


2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company


3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response


4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notices that you may have sent to me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.


5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted.


6. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.



7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.


9. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998


10. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.


11. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.


12. Please would you also advise me of the logic involved in any automated decisions taken by you about me pursuant to section 7(1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.


13. A True copy of the original consumer credit agreement section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974.

14. If it is contended you do not hold such data before such a date, please confirm this by providing the Certificate of Destruction.

15. Any Other information relating to these accounts


I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 by postal order. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.



If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable for the previous XX years.

Furthermore, such a request for specific information to confirm my identity will not deviate or inhibit the 40 days time limit allowed for compliance with my Subject Access Request.

Please note - If I do not receive all the data I have requested within the timescale specified above,

I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so, together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Finally, I would appreciate your Company's due diligence in this matter and look forward to receiving the documentation requested.

Yours Faithfully,


Do NOT sign, enclose £10.00 postal order and send by Recorded Delivery



Hope this helps.


Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.


You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.


Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks supasnooper.

could you possibly guide me through the N244 and what should go into it please?


Thank you very much

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention SAR has been sent to A&L just waiting on a response.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

For section C on N244 is this detailed enough?




Whilst attending the re-determination of the CCJ at Liverpool County Court. District Judge *****, after hearing from both parties, advised the claimants solicitor handling the case, that in her opinion had the Northampton court been made aware that Alliance and Leicester had been accepting reduced payments from myself for a period of seven months and I had entered into a debt management plan with all my creditors in order that I repay my debts in full on a pro-rata basis. Judge ***** doubted the County Court Judgment would be granted and that I should look at getting this set aside. Judge ***** declined the claimants request for a charging order and also declined the claimants request for costs. Judge ***** advised that I should look towards getting the County Court Judgement set aside. District Judge ***** after re-determination set the payments to the level that I had previously been paying Alliance and Leicester through the ongoing arangament with my debt management company PayPlan.



What letters should be included and should I send copies of the original CCJ and re-determination.

Just trying to get things in place whilst waiting for the SAR to come back


Thx all

Edited by supasnooper
removed judges name

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the statement will get you a set aside as it lacks any legal basis to do so.

Probably my fault for not being explicit about what the Judge was saying and referring to......I'll try again.


I think the paperwork your Judge referred to was regarding what documentation A&L had submitted.

The probability was probably zero documents were submitted by A&L as the original case was ran at Northampton Bulk County Court where no documents are required if you don't defend.

I think your Judge, looking through the case notes, probably spotted this and spoke his thoughts out loud, which you heard and have taken on board.


What if any paperwork did A&L submit to the Judge?


Did you get any copies of this paperwork ?


Did you see any of the A&L documents ?


If your Judge was referring to the A&L documentation and not yours, then re-jig your statement to show that it is the A&L documentation or lack of it, that the Judge has advised you to apply for the set aside.

That is why I advised you to try to recall how the Judge spoke of the documentation.


I don't know if the courts will supply a copy of the case paperwork to you but it maybe worth a phone call to the Court to see if A&L submitted a Credit card agreement with their Particulars of Claim and is there in the file.


Unfortunately, you are stuck waiting for A&L to comply with your SAR, when really you do need to get the application for the set aside submitted.


If A&L did not submit any legal documentation (Agreement, default notice etc.) then this is the legal opening for your set aside application.


Hope this helps.


Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.


You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.


Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Well A&L finally sent me through some paperwork in relation to my SAR. The only thing of use to me was a loan I had forgotten about that was taken out in 2003 and paid off in 2004 that had PPI on it. It only took 1 call to the PPI department at A&L then 5 days later an offer of £3022.48 as full refund with interest. I have also reclaimed the PPI on the loan that caused the CCJ and they have refunded over £6000 into the loan account so that has reduced the outstanding debt by a very nice amount.....


There was noting in the SAR with reference to court action or any telephone transcripts of it either.


I guess the next phase is an N244??





Edited by pagibbo

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...