Littlewoods demanding the next three years interest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure where I stand here. I have had a Littlewoods account since 2004. Over a year ago I ordered a TV, at the time my balance was £4 in credit, shortly afterwards I cancelled the order and odered a different TV. A short wile later they wrote and said they where unable to supply the odered TV because we did not have enough credit. A little later a TV was delivered! Between ordering and when the payments were due to start we found ourselves having claim pension credit with little or no chance of a change for the better. We wrote to all our creditors offering and paying a token, littlewoods where among those not accepting, saying they would only accept what amounted to all our income being paid to our creditors.

We then sent all our creditors a CCA request. Littlewoods where unable to locate a copy of our agreement but for our information they where good enough to supply us with a copy of their current agreement (aren't they kind?).

Recently NDR wrote to us requesting not only the money for the TV (which on research is over 3 times what it would have cost from Play.com), but interest for the next 3 years?

Where do we stand

If they are still greedy enough to be adding ridiculous charges, then I would stop all communication and payments until such time they began to talk with you on your terms..

Failing that write to them and explicitly tell them you want them to take you to court, if they don't and register any adverse info to your CRF then you will seek legal action..

"IF" and my god it's a big "IF" they take you up on your offer of a day in court, not only will they not get their illegal charges, but they are very likely to walk away with nothing, for being so damn greedy, or at the very most £1 a month:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers Baz, think I'll be sending them a "little point in continueing to pay" letter while they continue to add charges. They did this with me before with MW, eventually they admited they had nothing, and other than the odd easy to dispatch DCA nothing has happened. BTW the TV they delivered was not the one I ordered and they declined, but the budget version that we cancelled.

The balls in your court, because they cannot provide an enforceable agreement they can only 'ask' you for payment. They cannot demand it or take any legal action.

If you wish to continuing paying you are now in a strong position to demand that they remove any unfair charges they have already added to the a/c, cease any further charges & remove any adverse information from your credit file otherwise they'll receive nothing further.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a letter from NDR asking me to phone as there was some information about my account they would like to discuss with me. Wrote back to them apologising that i was still unable to phone them (even if I was I would not because they give an 0845 number which as i do not have a BT line costs), but would be willing to discuss by letter once they had honoured my section 78 request. Offered to clarify by letter if they did not understand.

Surely they cannot claim interest for the next 3 years? Do they have crystal ball that tells them that the debt will still be around for the next 3 years?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

NDR state the arrears as such and the outstanding balance as the (inflated) cost of the TV plus the next 3 years interest. I did order a TV from them but they wrote and told me I could not have it, they later sent me a TV that was not the one that I ordered and they declined, but one I had canceled the order for. As i did not order it I perhaps could have considered it a gift anyway, after all i did not order it or sign anything to say i would pay for it. I often get gifts sent to me, so how am I to know this was any different?

Just got a letter from NDR asking me to phone as there was some information about my account they would like to discuss with me. Wrote back to them apologising that i was still unable to phone them (even if I was I would not because they give an 0845 number which as i do not have a BT line costs), but would be willing to discuss by letter once they had honoured my section 78 request. Offered to clarify by letter if they did not understand.

Well done, that's the way to play em!

I wouldn't ring them anyway, your doing all the right things by keeping everything in writing, if they don't like it...well it's just tough for them!!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just got 2 more letters from them this morning, both sent before the last one i sent to them. One sent 15/08/09 telling me they are adding another 12 quid on for missing a payment (they were adding these even when i was paying), and the second sent the 19/08/09 was an "official" default letter giving me 14 days to pay 400 odd arrears; so even if they had had an agreement this would have messed their position.

Will file the letters as the last letter I sent them will suffice for an answer. They have admitted they have no agreement so why do they carrying on whingeing?

They don't seem to understand, but for now I'll leave it as they had not received my last letter when they sent these. What i don't get is they conceded defeat almost straight away with another of their catalogues, but seem to be fighting a bit more with this one?

• 3 weeks later...

Just got another letter from Littlewoods, this one is a classic. It had my wife's name and adress at the top and through the envelope window, but the letter starts Dear Miss ***** whom we have never heard of and the account number is not ours.

Not sure what to do with this, the name and adress that showed through the window are the Countess's. but the letter was obviously for Miss ***** with account number ********, and it appears they cannot find her agreement either, but they did send one that was what it would have looked like had they been able to find it.

What is strange though is Miss ***** opened her account on the same day as my wife and shes alegedly owes the same?

I think i should probably ignore this letter, it doesn't seem to be telling me anything I did not already know (other than the name and account number changes), and it has not asked for any response. Perhaps Miss ***** account number ******** has received a letter adress to the Countess with her account number, I guess we will never know.

Yea think I'll just file it in the littlewoods folder and see what they send next.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received another default notice from Littlewoods. Sent a dew days ago wanting the arrears to be paid by a date well outside the 14 days so not bad on their part there. They do however claim the default is on a fixed sum (on a club book?), and should the default not be honoured the claimed figure is subject to a substantial discount, meaning I would only be expected to pay 2 1/2 time what the TV I did not order was worth instead of the 3 times its value i would be required to pay should I honour the default.

One thing though puzzles me; the letter states we refer to the above agreement, do they mean the agreement that they have admitted they do not have, or the agreement it would have looked like if they had it?Another file it away job me thinks, as even if I had the inclination to pay for something I never ordered I would have to pay more if I payed the default notice!

Edited by count orlok