Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi,  I'm new here, and hoping that this is the right place to post this.   I applied for pip and was awarded standard mobility (10 points).  I did an M.R. but got the same result. They acknowledge that I can't leave my house without having someone with me. They accept that I'm not completely housebound as I go out to appointments, which are not a regular occurrence, they also said that they can't award me enhanced because I'm not out most days.  Is this correct?  Surely it shouldn't matter how often I go out? 
    • The Legal Ombudsman has a wider remit than the SRA, and can always refer matters on to the SRA where they find a breach of the SRA's code.   I'd suggest writing to the solicitors, highlighting these issues, asking them to refund the money. If they don't then complain to the LO.
    • Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Can Anything Else Go Wrong?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3998 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone


Il try and make this as brief as poss...


Boyfriend moved in....cancelled single clain tax credit.....applied as couple.

BF used all life savings £3K to pay for college course and decided to go self employed tiling. I work full time (admin low wage 800 per month average)


Boyfriend started work Monday, broke his thumb Wednesday (playing football ...PLONKER)


Now where do we stand with Tax credits as obviously we now only have my wages for the next eight weeks whih covers rent and council tax, kids club and half my petrol.


Cant believe our luck !


Thanks in advance for any advce given x

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know much about Tax Credits, I'm afraid. But you may want to speak to your local council about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit.




The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you :) Unortunately apparently I earn enough on my own to pay the full rent and council tax !


Wages £800.00

Rent £470.00

council Tax £155.00

travel to work £120

childcare £100


But i guess as i work full time im not expected to eat or drink or have a life !!


System seems hell bent on not helping those who try and help themselves- sorry im grumpy cow today!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

what about child support dont you get anything ? if your childrens father works you are entitled to 15% min of his wages

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi :)


Nope i have posted aother mesage about that not sure how to direct you to that so il explain in as little detail as poss!


with ex for 5 very violent years had the courage to leave (after a shattered cheek bone andbroken nose) didnt claim benefits worked every evening to pay my way.


claimed through csa ....no trace....gave his mums adress where he lived ...no trace....he gave up work stalked my house ....i even called them when he was sat outside !!! Then he gets a new gf she has house 4 kids ....still no trace....then they get done for him living there but CSA say still no trace!!!! CSA say he doesnt work and doesnt claim benefit... so they cant locate him....


I send in pictures of him on face book IN a hole he is digging with a work tshirt on, with a spade in his hand with a work van behind him..(he working for cash) CSA say that is not proof!!!!


In the whole 5 years i have had not 1 letter or call from the csa they only talk when i call them.


Was told he has 4 other AP claims gainst him (breach csa confidentiallity but who cares!!), serious debt and is in trouble with the revenue people...and that im on a hiding to nothing (operators words)


He however (the untraceable man) continues to sit outside my work and accidently be in the shop when i am and tell me he hasnt paid for his daughter becuse i dont let him see her...he forgets he tried set fire to her pushchair, told her he was going to kill my new boyfriend etc.


Thats my rant over and thank you for replying !!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

haven't you got a welfare benefits adviser at the council you can speak to

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Hallowitch


I rang the council they said I have to come in if i want to speak to anyone, the problem being i work six days week 9-5. I have been turned down for any help with CTAX or HB when i was on my own as they say I earn too much !!! ARRRRR

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

WHEN YOU WERE ON YOUR OWN - that's very relevant.


Now you are a couple you get additional premiums because you are a couple. Add to that that your tax credits have (presumably) ended as you have made a new claim as a couple and your income looks very different.


Apply to the council as soon as possible - on your claim form there is a small section near the end about asking for your claim to be backdated. Fill this in giving your reason as a drop in income from the week your fella suffered injury. They will then consider your backdated request and will ask you why you did not apply at the time. The letter they send for more information will help you put a good reason - you were not sure of procedures due to not applying before, not aware you could ask for a backdate are reasonable grounds.


Get the claim in asap even if you don't have all the proofs. You have a month after it is submitted to get all the outstanding proofs they need.


Post your application recorded delivery so there is no doubt you sent it. If you are worried about putting important documents like passport, driving licence etc in the post you can go to the jobcentre and get them to photocopy your original documents and stamp them stating they are official copies - any council will accept the DWPs word for it.


If yo 'phone the council for an application form and get it back to them within a month your claim date is the day you 'phoned them - well it is here in Birmingham anyway

Edited by sallysas

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales


West brom SETTLED


Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent


Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice


Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date


Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full



National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted



HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You So Much I Willtke Your Advice In The Morning :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangely enough we got our joint laim award today !! They are giving us 30 a MONTH child tax credit and apparently we earn too much to get the WT part. I rang them and they said the estimate wa based on OH earnings last year and now we have to wait another four weeks for the "new"claim to go through!


I have now waiting 6 weeks for a £15 cheque. We are really broke guys any advice x

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...