Are Halifax bypassing DCA's?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A while back Halifax paased my loan debt onto IQoR who quickly passed it onto the lovely Geoffrey Parker Bourne. I informed the CCCS who have been making payments to GPB. Every month I recieve a letter from GPB thanking me for my payment but I need to ring them urgently. This went on for a few months and when I rang them recently I was told as long as I was making the payments not to worry about it. This month I received the same letter. The only difference this time is that it just says " Urgent please call us now" in bold capital letters on a grey background. Also, this is the first envelope which has their name and return address stamped on the front of it.

Is there any way these constant letters could be classes as harrassment because according to OFT (or is it FOS) guidlines GPB (effectivley acting as a debt collector) should be dealing with the CCCS.

Halifax haven't even bothered with a DCA for my overdraft debt. They involved Eversheds right away.

Their letter gave me until the end of July to pay the balance. Rang Eversheds last night and told them that the CCCS are already making payments on this. The guy I spoke to told me to pass the letter onto CCCS so that "we can enter into negotiations with the CCCS". When I asked what is the point of that when CCCS have already worked out the payments based on what I can afford to pay each month. He replied "because they could be paying some of your creditors more than they need to":confused: (yeah right how silly of the CCCS:razz:)

I brought up the subject of taking me to court, a couple of times. "Why would we want to do that" he said, "because it says as much in the letter and if you're not happy with the amount being paid towards the debt. Then as far as I can see it's the only alternative".

Any advice as always would be greatfully received. It seems to me court action, steal the money (only joking of course) or ignore them for six years (I wish) is the only way to get rid of this harrassment.

TBH I can't see CCCS adjusting the payments to suit the Halifax.

Sorry for such a long post guys and thanks in advance.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Has anyone got any advice on what I can do to get these people of my back. I think they are just going to hound me month after month.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07